BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town 29.12.19

29 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

To be honest, I bet it’s hard to stay motivated when you do bits in the u23’s and Armstrong gets picked regardless.

Definitely. Chapman’s omission would make sense if we were a tight ship but Armstrong constantly gives away offsides and hardly tracks back. 

I hope chapman gets a chance as I’m sick to death of not seeing players in the right positions. No wonder we don’t click as a team, statistically if your not in your own position trained and favoured to do then how do you give 100 at your best?

Rothwell is no wide player in fact bar the odd spell he’s crap. If we’ve no wide player change the formation.

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Bell

Travis Johnson

Benno Rothwell Holtby

Gallagher 

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Amo said:

Definitely. Chapman’s omission would make sense if we were a tight ship but Armstrong constantly gives away offsides and hardly tracks back. 

Just frustrates as even with Armstrong as it is, he plays Holtby out of position with Chapman wasting away in a level that doesn’t benefit him or us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm bored with all this stuff. We had similar last season with a player (can't remember who it was just now) being 'punished' or 'taught a lesson' by Mowbray for off the pitch actions.

I fear Mowbray puts way too much time and energy into thinking about off the pitch stuff and into maintaining his happy campers regime rather than just focusing on who is doing the business during games and on the training ground.

I've seen Chapman for the u23s numerous times this season and can safely say his performances havent warranted a place in the first team. Having said that with Dack out and seemingly no more money to spend Mowbray is going to have to get more from HIS signings like Chapman, Brereton, Gallagher, Holtby.

I have to say I've been disappointed with Holtby's contributions to games so far. Expected more and don't see where the hype is justified.

I agree with both points. It’s nigh on two years since Chapman put in a few brief cameo League One appearances. I’m not sure why a run of mostly ineffective U23 appearances should get him anywhere near a team with top 6 Championship aspirations. I also thought Holtby was gash on Thursday. A player with his pedigree should be running the game at this level, wherever his is asked to play. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Good stat. If we have genuine intentions of breaking the top 6, we should be going there tomorrow expecting a win. No being happy with a draw, we are playing the worst home team in the League.

Yes we should be going there to win the game. Yes we might be playing the worst team in the league but since Cowley took over he has won 6, draw 6 and lost 6, so giving him 24 points so over a full season that would give him 61 points a season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I agree with both points. It’s nigh on two years since Chapman put in a few brief cameo League One appearances. I’m not sure why a run of mostly ineffective U23 appearances should get him anywhere near a team with top 6 Championship aspirations. I also thought Holtby was gash on Thursday. A player with his pedigree should be running the game at this level, wherever his is asked to play. 

Completely agree. Holtby's not a winger but with his supposed class, he should be bossing it, especially against poor opposition like Thursday. He looked slow and lightweight to me.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

At a minimum we need to be fired up for tomorrow,pressing and in their faces. Another lacklustre effort would be disappointing 

Minimum we should expect in an amateur game.

Edited by AAK

• Backroom

If Holtby was the full package he wouldn't have ended up here on a free transfer in fairness. It's obvious he has some natural talent, arguably more than anybody else in the squad, but he's hit and miss when it comes to implementing that. He also appears to have some fitness struggles which mean we probably won't be able to rely on him to regularly appear and contribute as Dack has been over the past couple of years. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

Some players could piss in Mowbrays tea cup everyday and still get picked. Others well they only seem to have to look at him the wrong way but the way he chops and changes you'd really have to piss him off not to get a chance.

Since we aren’t privy to things behind the scenes, we have to call it as we see it. Chapman’s had some good games for the U23's and some not so good but is he any worse than those who get picked week in, week out? We have few proper wingers. Having him on the bench at least would give us a different dimension. Mowbray’s usual answer is like-for-like or shunt a striker out wide. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Looked nothing special over the Xmas period did Holtby...hope he can step up to the plate tomorrow.

Honestly, he's struggling to get on the same wavelength as our very limited squad.

You saw it on his debut and it's continued since - he sees passes that his teammates don't, which is why they don't make the run.

He's also shoved out wide because Mowbray doesn't dare not play two destroyers in CM. People wonder why we're so stilted in attack, look no further than the CMs we employ - who don't know how to pass a ball forwards. 

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

You saw it on his debut and it's continued since - he sees passes that his teammates don't, which is why they don't make the run. 

Nah, I'm not having that...he looks small, slow and lacking power . He should have broke the net towards the end of the wigan(I think) game , instead it was like a pass back.....looks finished to me but I hope not for our sake

Edited by Sparks Rover

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

Some players could piss in Mowbrays tea cup everyday and still get picked. Others well they only seem to have to look at him the wrong way but the way he chops and changes you'd really have to piss him off not to get a chance.

Have to say I don't get this. He's dropped everyone - Smallwood, Bennett, Evans, Williams, Armstrong, Johnson etc. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, skous18 said:

Wonder what kind of an impact would have people expected from Dack if he, not Rothwell or Holtby, was asked to play on the wing?

Dack was played wide left when he first broke into the team & away at Shrewsbury he was ambling around doing very little, provided no cover to Williams at LB, leading to Shrewsbury’s goal All this prompting my now infamous outburst on the podcast that “Dack was an elegant solution to a problem we didn’t have...”

....then he was moved inside and....?‍♂️

• Like 3

Sure Tony will make another 6 or 7 changes ensuring stability within the side..I find it strange how Tony bangs on about rotation and makes so many changes. Yet Liverpool play the same 12 0r 13 every week....They used to say how important a settled side was.. Just a thought.

• Like 3