BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town 29.12.19

• Backroom

I thought Gallagher worked hard but his anticipation and positional play is just abysmal. It's something he should really be learning from Graham before Graham leaves in the summer. Dack is the only other player who has that intelligence in our team and obviously he's not going to be around.

Edited by DE.

Just now, alcd said:

Buckley has no strength or determination. He needs to go on loan to the lower leagues and grow a pair. Talk of a move to the Premier is laughable 

Fans can criticise as many players as they like but the biggest problem is the manager. He’s happy in mid table and under no pressure from above to do any better 

• Like 5

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Well didn’t take long for my swimming against the tide mowbray caution to bear fruit.

still still still want the guy away from this club 

my main crimes

- never creating a fluid team in his tenure, it’s so stop start it’s unreal. It’s never pretty it’s grinding. 

- transfers, gallagher and brereton especially are sackable on their own. I really want them to come good but it’s not happening. I still think there is a player in gallagher and he won a lot of headers and flicks today but needs someone to work with 

- body language on the sidelines, praise on players not worthy and condemning other. Travis has been reigned in and looks average now. Bigging up other teams all the time, just stop

has to go for me if we have ambitions on top 6 next season 

Who do you want to come in (realistically) ?

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Roy Keane, even if he loses 20 games in a row, id just like to see him give them all a real hard kick up the ass, literally, and publicly call out their shite performances.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

It’s the lack of desire and passion that gets me. It’s too easy for these players under this manager

Nailed it jim. When was the last time we ever tore the opposition a new one inside the first 20 mins at Ewood? All they're expected to do is muddle through until half time then put a bit of a late spurt in second half to make things look good.

Said it a million times before but we'll never ever progress under TM.

• Like 6

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Johnson until the end of the season, see how he goes. If an opportunity arises with a name that can turn this club around arrives in the summer, take it. I wanted Pearson but he is turning Watford around instead sadly 

• Like 1

I said to my lad after the Wigan game that I could sense a poor run coming.

I also had the misfortune (ie. a reality check) in watching a social media clip from the club, showing us hammering someone in the Souness promotion season. Jansen was finishing a sublime move by putting it where it matters. That team would knock half a dozen past our current one without breaking sweat. We are probably six quality players short of a squad that could really make the playoffs. Of our present lot, probably only two would make the running for the Souness team. One is a Man City player and one is out for the best part of a year.

That is our ‘wake up and smell the coffee’ moment as to where we are. Not only do we need further, substantial investment from our owners (never gonna happen), we need a new manager who knows what he is doing.

• Like 4

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Nailed it jim. When was the last time we ever tore the opposition a new one inside the first 20 mins at Ewood? All they're expected to do is muddle through until half time then put a bit of a late spurt in second half to make things look good.

Said it a million times before but we'll never ever progress under TM.

Aren't we the team in the division with the highest number of goals in the first 15 minutes ?

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

I also had the misfortune (ie. a reality check) in watching a social media clip from the club, showing us hammering someone in the Souness promotion season. Jansen was finishing a sublime move by putting it where it matters. That team would knock half a dozen past our current one without breaking sweat. We are probably six quality players short of a squad that could really make the playoffs. Of our present lot, probably only two would make the running for the Souness team. One is a Man City player and one is out for the best part of a year.

That is our ‘wake up and smell the coffee’ moment as to where we are. Not only do we need further, substantial investment from our owners (never gonna happen), we need a new manager who knows what he is doing.

Good post mate 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I feel for sorry for Gallagher. He is living off scraps ,but he keeps trying. Why was he not the focal point of the attack near the end though? That's shocking mis management.

To be fair he had his big chance in the first few minutes and fluffed it.

Just now, Amo said:

Relax, we can use the £10m for Buckley next month...

He's an odd manager isn't he?

Can't help but put Dack in the shop window. Touts Buckley as PL bound and worth £10m.

In the same breath he runs down Rothwell, benches Nyambe for Bennett and buries Chapman in the U23s.

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

That Rovers side would finish 10 points clear in this league.

Atrocious performance today. The players looked like they’re playing with each other for the first time and are still finding their feet. 

For me that is down to Mowbray switching formations and player positions around constantly. Players aren’t in their natural positions and make the wrong decisions in roles they’re not accustomed to playing.

I think our expectations of this team are too high though. Every time we go on one of these unbeaten runs it feels like we can do better, but the reality is that we have a team full of players that have either only ever been Championship regulars in their careers or are completely new to the Championship. Our only players with Premier League experience are Graham and Downing, but they are 34 and 35 respectively.

Looking at Huddersfield, although they are near the bottom right now, their players are Premier League standard. They’ve all been regulars for teams at the top level. Their team is a different class to ours and it showed today.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Do the honorable thing Tony and walk away.

This team is a disorganised shower - and you've wasted £12m on two strikers. 

One of whom you don’t think worth ever bringing on when we are chasing a goal . How does he start at Bristol and not get on the field last 3 games when we need a goal ??? £7million utterly pissed away . Even behind chapman in pecking order today and he’s been a write off until now.

mowbray , eff off you haven’t a clue what you’re doing or even trying to do . Go and play with your kids in the garden and give us all a break .

• Like 3

Does anyone leave iFollow on?

Just before there was what looked like a hidden camera, with a hand dangling down and a female's legs in the background...and some heavy breathing.?

Here's Tone. Entertainment over.

'they looked a decent team, 5 injuries, first defeat in 8'. Blah!

Edited by Husky

I love how Bennett is a glorified mascot. Even the commentator quoted Mowbray for words to that effect. I know Nyambe was injured but it’s shocking that a player of such mediocre quality always finds his way back into the XI.

• Like 4

• Backroom

Have noticed a few comments about Walton bring rooted to the line for Hudds goal, but on replay you can see he actually is out initially then starts backpedalling when the ball comes in leaving him in a vulnerable and ultimately useless position. 

• Backroom
Just now, Amo said:

I love how Bennett is a glorified mascot. Even the commentator quoted Mowbray for words to that effect. I know Nyambe was injured but it’s shocking that a player of such mediocre quality always finds his way back into the XI.

I heard that as well, something like "even Mowbray admits he's not the best footballer, but he's a big personality in the dressing room". Ridiculous. 

• Like 1