BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town 29.12.19

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He's playing shite. Looks slow on the ball, second touch usually means the opposition is on him. The tactics were all over the place today,but players need to take responsibility for their own performance. The manager cant pass the ball for them. I think you are over stating how much of an "attacking force" he was too. I think he was built up too much to be fair. 

Agree completely. He's not that good and playing poorly. Doesn't score enough or create enough. Pretty much like the rest of out midfielders for the last seven years. Fits in well.

23 minutes ago, DE. said:

Our form suddenly imploding when within touching distance of the playoffs was also happening regularly during Bowyer's spell. 

We're trapped aren't we? With a manager who stifles any creativity in fear of the opposition.13th and 3 points off the play-offs again! It should be written on our burial stone.

Dog Day Afternoon.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

No I was at Charlton has an example and he was dynamic. Head up driving foward looking to make the box and to put the opposition on the back foot. When he first came into the team he was a revaluation in comparison to Smallwood and Evans. Now he is them. Ponderous looking for the short ball holding position. Has Mowbray once said of Harrison Reed the reason he’s not in center mid is because he needs to understand that position. To do that he needs to watch smallwood and Evans and thats what travis has become. 

Im sorry but our manager is tactically awful he does nothing to improve players. Raya nyambe Travis.

i went to the away  under  23 game at Norwich and the parents hate him. Now that may just be where I was sat and a snapshot that does not reflect reality. However on the field I know what I see and he needs potting. It can’t be every player even the ones he signs that’s at fault or maybe it is and he is the shining light against the darkness.

Yet when he played well in the exact same formation ,nobody credited the manager for his performances. The players,for whatever reason,have reverted to the bad version since the Wigan game. Maybe Tosin plays that and we win. Its small margins. I have major doubts about mowbray,but the players need to step up too. They cant blame the formation or tactics for lack of application or effort. Travis tries in fairness, but we just dont help ourselves. Looked a nervous wreck of an outfit today. Its baffling. 

Really disappointed to only get 2 points from the last 3 games, but we are still in the mix. I think it’s a really bad time of year to judge as, though we made 5/6/7 changes per game it’s because of the fixture pile up and we been unlucky with injuries.

The winner today 9/10 goes over the bar. It’s a crazy league and we will lose a few more games along the way, so let’s see where we are.

I was worried start of season where goals would come from when Graham was dropped and no Mulgrew, and sadly no one has stepped up.

I couldn’t care less about losing away to Huddersfield, I expect it in this league, I’m disappointed we couldn’t get a win at home against Wigan or Birmingham. 

I think our team suits playing away, we can’t play against teams that sit back, added to the woeful atmosphere at Ewood, we need to find another way to play at home.

• Like 3

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yet when he played well in the exact same formation ,nobody credited the manager for his performances. The players,for whatever reason,have reverted to the bad version since the Wigan game. Maybe Tosin plays that and we win. Its small margins. I have major doubts about mowbray,but the players need to step up too. They cant blame the formation or tactics for lack of application or effort. Travis tries in fairness, but we just dont help ourselves. Looked a nervous wreck of an outfit today. Its baffling. 

No because we had a run of games with a stable team and formation and now we’ve started the endless chop and change. 

No there is no business anywhere in the world that says poor performance is due to the inability of the workers. Managers by their title are paid to lead people. 

The system that is being deployed is failing the individuals not the opposite.

Today I saw no lack of effort just a massive lack of organisation and system. When under pressure that is what is relied on who does what when and where.

The idea that you can continually put the failure on the personnel and absolve management of responsibility not only makes no football sense but it fails even the simplist test of management 

• Like 1

Just now, Wood26 said:

Really disappointed to only get 2 points from the last 3 games, but we are still in the mix. I think it’s a really bad time of year to judge as, though we made 5/6/7 changes per game it’s because of the fixture pile up and we been unlucky with injuries.

The winner today 9/10 goes over the bar. It’s a crazy league and we will lose a few more games along the way, so let’s see where we are.

I was worried start of season where goals would come from when Graham was dropped and no Mulgrew, and sadly no one has stepped up.

I couldn’t care less about losing away to Huddersfield, I expect it in this league, I’m disappointed we couldn’t get a win at home against Wigan or Birmingham. 

I think our team suits playing away, we can’t play against teams that sit back, added to the woeful atmosphere at Ewood, we need to find another way to play at home.

i admire your optimisim but the stark reality is we are not very good,we don`t score many goals and we can`t defend either,hard to see us being anywhere but the bottom half come may

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Great pass from Bennett for their winner. And Travis was half asleep. Great to see Gallagher looking so threatening again. Useless. And Buckley looked like the ball boy was playing. Think we'll sink like a stone now. The Mowbray way. One step forward, two back. So frustrating it is untrue. 

Gallagher - the man who Chaddy and a few others have pinned to score a bucket load in Dack’s absence. One league goal to his name this season. Me thinks he won’t get more than 5 this season (at a push).

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Gallagher - the man who Chaddy and a few others have pinned to score a bucket load in Dack’s absence. One league goal to his name this season. Me thinks he won’t get more than 5 this season (at a push).

He has 2 in his defence! But you are absolutely right. Its incredibly naive to expect poor players to just suddenly start scoring goals when historical evidence suggests that its incredibly unlikely. Good strikers in poor form miss chance. Gallagher is a poor striker so he doesnt get into the right positions. He can only somewhat hide behind the playing on the wing narrative too as more often than not he plays central and is still dog shit.

• Like 1

Just now, Wood26 said:

Last I checked, which was before picking up 2 points at home and 0 away recently, we were lower in the away league table than the home one.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Gallagher is useless. Two league goals is pathetic for any striker who has played as much as him and who is undoubtedly paid as much as him. No better than Brereton. They won't get five goals between them all season. He was crap last time and he's still crap now. 

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

He has 2 in his defence! But you are absolutely right. Its incredibly naive to expect poor players to just suddenly start scoring goals when historical evidence suggests that its incredibly unlikely. Good strikers in poor form miss chance. Gallagher is a poor striker so he doesnt get into the right positions. He can only somewhat hide behind the playing on the wing narrative too as more often than not he plays central and is still dog shit.

I'd say it's fairer to say he is a poor striker BECAUSE he doesn't get into the right positions. He is sufficient in other attributes to be at least an ok striker in this league. If he had the nous to sniff out chances. It's hard to think that will come.

He isn't going to learn it playing on the wing. This is TM's problem, he wants his players to be 'flexible' by playing in multiple positions. But as a result they can never settle into the full rhythm of playing their one, actual position properly. I think the wing and up front are sufficiently different that all this constant moving back and forth between them is almost 'unlearning' each position (to a degree). It's different to if you spend 6 months continually in one position then 6 in another. It has to stop.

• Like 3

Just now, bluebruce said:

Last I checked, which was before picking up 2 points at home and 0 away recently, we were lower in the away league table than the home one.

Didn’t realise that stat, but when you look at the games we have played away i stand by it that we are better suited away.

2 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

No because we had a run of games with a stable team and formation and now we’ve started the endless chop and change. 

No there is no business anywhere in the world that says poor performance is due to the inability of the workers. Managers by their title are paid to lead people. 

The system that is being deployed is failing the individuals not the opposite.

Today I saw no lack of effort just a massive lack of organisation and system. When under pressure that is what is relied on who does what when and where.

The idea that you can continually put the failure on the personnel and absolve management of responsibility not only makes no football sense but it fails even the simplist test of management 

It's not comparable to process driven normal job functions. Football is a game of imagination,creativity and carrying out tasks under pressure. Our players didnt do that well enough. That's on them. 

I never absolved the management for blame,my very point was that the players have been shocking recently too. 

A formation change is a formation change, personnel changes happen,it shouldn't make players incapable of passing the ball to each other. 

2 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

I've had something of an epiphany of my own over the festive period  (and there are no wise men in my version). 

I strongly suspected we would somehow contrive to end up with a ridiculously low points tally in the last three games, after all we were beginning to flirt dangerously with the promised land of play off glory. I am now firmly of the opinion that Mowbray (and by extension most of his players) don't actually seek promotion. Although this is anathema to us supporters, it makes perfect sense from their point of view. The manager is well paid. He has a good contract and doesn't seem unduly pressured to gain promotion. It seems that he waved away an offer of additional funding some months ago as he prefers a slow build. I am unaware of a similar precedent in football. He isn't premiership management material and knows it. Promotion would end his reign quicker than marginal progression. His personal aim this season in my opinion is a better points tally / final league position than last year. Job done.

As regards the players, who amongst them would cut it in the top division? Therefore who amongst them genuinely desires promotion? Bennett? Downing? Graham? Johnson? Evans? Williams? 

Other than our younger contingent of Lenihan,  Nyambe,  Travis, Armstrong and perhaps one or two more, who else could be said to be ambitious to play at a higher level? These are already wealthy young men. There are often only slight differences in pure ability in the top two flights; much of the marginal gains come down to ambition, pride and desire. We have all worked with talented but laid back, unambitious people I'm sure. Why would footballers be any different. I know for a fact that Ben Marshall drove everyone at Ewood mad with the way he squandered his ability when he was here. They simply couldnt get through to him after having very high hopes for him. Really drove the staff nuts.

It has to come from Mowbray and the players and too many of the current employees are on easy street and don't want to upset the status quo. Now that I have reconciled myself to this belief, everything slots into place and the scales have fallen from my eyes. It is clear to me why we played as though we were happy to lose today and it is also clear that we will not gain promotion under the current regime come hell or high water. 

Both players and manager will have contractual clauses for promotion bonuses and higher salaries in the Premier League so I don't think this is a correct analysis at all.

Edited by Mashed Potatoes
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

No I was at Charlton has an example and he was dynamic. Head up driving foward looking to make the box and to put the opposition on the back foot. When he first came into the team he was a revaluation in comparison to Smallwood and Evans. Now he is them. Ponderous looking for the short ball holding position. Has Mowbray once said of Harrison Reed the reason he’s not in center mid is because he needs to understand that position. To do that he needs to watch smallwood and Evans and thats what travis has become. 

Im sorry but our manager is tactically awful he does nothing to improve players. Raya nyambe Travis.

i went to the away  under  23 game at Norwich and the parents hate him. Now that may just be where I was sat and a snapshot that does not reflect reality. However on the field I know what I see and he needs potting. It can’t be every player even the ones he signs that’s at fault or maybe it is and he is the shining light against the darkness.

I always thought if you get a good player you encourage his good traits all you can and work on the others second. If he wants a development squad he should shuffle off to one. 

Imagine asking Damien Duff to come inside every time he got the ball and not use his pace to take them on in case he lost it ?

Let the lad do what he is best at, that goes for 4 or 5 of the others as well, you know like we saw a few weeks ago before he pulled it to bits again.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Gallagher is useless. Two league goals is pathetic for any striker who has played as much as him and who is undoubtedly paid as much as him. No better than Brereton. They won't get five goals between them all season. He was crap last time and he's still crap now. 

i`ve noticed with gallagher,he can`t hold a ball up to save his life and for his size,he aint half a soft touch,he reminds me of tiny taylor,all the attributes but none of the aggresion needed,souness could never get the best out of taylor,im`e beginning to think the same with gallagher,though im`e not sure with this coaching set up,they would probably **** up lionel messi if he played for us

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Hate to say it but Gallagher looked a far better player under Coyle.

22 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

It's simple really a striker like Gallagher needs to have balls swung or squared in front of him frequently then he might get a 1 in 10 chance strike rate.  Meanwhile you have him running the line or channels dragging defenders around making a nuisance of himself, use his athletic ability and work rate.

You do not spend 5 million quid and thousands per week on a forward like him to replace Graham. Or play as a winger, quite ridiculous as was the Brereton signing for that amount of money. You find a system that suits him not just think he's a great signing because he's another you can shuffle around game in game out.

• Like 2

Things TM did that cost us the game:

- Bell on at half time?
- Rothwell off and a defender on?
- Graham (only fecker who can score) off?
- Buckley not brought off?

Things TM couldn’t control but also cost us the game: 

- Bradley Johnson’s performance
- Sam Gallagher’s Performance
- John Buckley’s Footballing ability And lack thereof
- Marking at the set piece leaving two biggest attackers wide open

Overall, just absolute shit. 2 pts from Wigan, Birmingham and Huddersfield is relegation form, Mowbray is just lucky we’ve gathered enough points with Dack to avoid a relegation fight at any stage.