BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town 29.12.19

A tactical disasterclass from Mowbray today. We started 4-4-2 with two 6ft+ strikers and spent the half needlessly overplaying at the back and we had two players playing on the wings who were not wingers. Then in the second half we had Downing more advanced, brought Chapman on but instead of having two proper wingers playing in a 4-4-2 we went 4-2-3-1 with Downing in central midfield, Gallagher out wide  and started going long into 5ft 6 Armstrong. Baffling management, but with Dack injured I fear we may see a lot more of Tony tinkering with system's. 

• Like 4

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

A tactical disasterclass from Mowbray today. We started 4-4-2 with two 6ft+ strikers and spent the half needlessly overplaying at the back and we had two players playing on the wings who were not wingers. Then in the second half we had Downing more advanced, brought Chapman on but instead of having two proper wingers playing in a 4-4-2 we went 4-2-3-1 with Downing in central midfield, Gallagher out wide  and started going long into 5ft 6 Armstrong. Baffling management, but with Dack injured I fear we may see a lot more of Tony tinkering with system's. 

Didn’t even play Chapman on his right side.

Just now, Husky said:

Does anyone leave iFollow on?

Just before there was what looked like a hidden camera, with a hand dangling down and a female's legs in the background...and some heavy breathing.?

Here's Tone. Entertainment over.

'they looked a decent team, 5 injuries, first defeat in 8'. Blah!

No I didn't imagine it.

IMG_20191229_174740515_1.jpg

Without Dack we have no chance at top 6.  Luckily our unbeaten run has made it unlikely we are to go down. The balance of this campaign needs to be building for a promotion push next year or the year after.

Daventpot, chapman, Buckley, travis galley, bb all need to feature. We need to get them experience and see if they can hack it.  

Move on from Grahm, Johnson, Bennett in the janyary window. 

• Like 1

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

You Happy with things as they are Mr Potato head?

Let's hear what you really think rather than picking apart people's posts.......

I'm disappointed with what's happened in the last week but won't be resorting to personal abuse against anyone, be they players, manager or other posters on here.

What I really think is the same as a few weeks ago; the manager is better than most posters here think because he is dealing with clueless owners for whom all previous managers have struggled. I don't argue for him to be fired because I think there is a significant likelihood of a vastly inferior manager being appointed and I don't think we will be relegated under Mowbray.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to ask those who advocate Mowbray's firing to say who realistically would want the job here.

9 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

It feels like Mowbray just shuffles it all around and hopes that one thing will eventually work. 

This. After nearly 3 years I am still not sure what he's trying to do other than the long diagonal to his right striker playing out of position

• Like 5

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

I'm disappointed with what's happened in the last week but won't be resorting to personal abuse against anyone, be they players, manager or other posters on here.

What I really think is the same as a few weeks ago; the manager is better than most posters here think because he is dealing with clueless owners for whom all previous managers have struggled. I don't argue for him to be fired because I think there is a significant likelihood of a vastly inferior manager being appointed and I don't think we will be relegated under Mowbray.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to ask those who advocate Mowbray's firing to say who realistically would want the job here.

Do you think Mowbray isn't actually the one picking the team?

(*Dramatic music)

36 minutes ago, den said:

Only saw the second half, but blimey totally clueless. 11 individuals running around not understanding what’s required is the impression they gave.

and I know Buckley is young but he offers very little. 

How long have we looked like a team that hasn't had a minutes coaching ? What do they do in training ? Just sick and tired of us being out enthused.

• Like 2

And in comes who ?

That was absolutely appalling. 2 plus years in and we look totally disjointed. Who do we get in anybody. Hold on what about me or you because we could do that. Its utter shit and the players have no clue what their doing. My wife who is not a football genius said both goals where down to the same thing and she’s right.

So if fantasy land is the place you want to occupy where Mowbray is irreplaceable. Hughes hughton pelligrini pulis allardyce plus numerous others and before you say they wouldn’t come I don’t care he is a bang average manager and needs replacing 

• Like 3

Well much as I loath Venkys they seem to have backed him in the transfer windows and are rather blasé about spunking £12 mill on low ability strikers, so I don't think he has it too hard! 

As for managers good question though not that reasonavle. Whenever a manager has to rely on there's no one better out there you know they aren't doing well and shows their ability is poor. It is a dilemma though as not sure who would go for. Had they got rid of TM earlier, my pick would've been Rowett who is doing well at Millwall and has been solid most other places too. I also really rate Grayson - struggled a bit the last 2 years but 4 promotions shows he has quality. 

• Like 3

Do you not agree that what we are witnessing now is another dip in form that perfectly typifies the Mowbray tenure...one step forward two steps back.

We want improvement on a steady basis,ultimately leading to promotion.It's quite clear this will never happen while he's in charge.

It's as clear as daylight that we must roll the Dice once more with the Manager..there is better out there.The powers that be must act soon or it will amount to nothing more than an acceptance of this insipid mediocrity.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Well I'm very sad pals just like you ?i will have a horrible rest of weekend...(as I'm mexican that mean almoust the day)
We did a very nice 1 half specially the first 20 or 25 minutes...after that we being loosing level and for several minutes of the second half we just run behind the ball...we should try to retain the ball a little more and try crossing  a little more.
Buckley did it well and he's a terrific player but he just proved at least to me that he is not ready yet.

Now...huddersfield are a very capable and difficult rival and that craping dog shithole they call house has been always difficult to visit.

I think we have to understand that is impossible to win every single match and the difrence this time it was a very good goal and a personal skill that kind of things happens and we have to accept that and keep supporting 
We will on top I'm sure...
#Rovers
#ImRoversTillIDie 
#Top10season 
#TheMexicanRover

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Travis was caught on the ball numerous times, he looks sluggish. Great cross for the goal. They were completely over run in midfield today 

I feel that we couldn't cope with their player O'Brien in centre midfield 

37 minutes ago, Tom said:

Says it all when Bell who was a rather odd sub was about our best performer on the day!

didn't make a mistake when he was on

35 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I feel for sorry for Gallagher. He is living off scraps ,but he keeps trying. Why was he not the focal point of the attack near the end though? That's shocking mis management.

Exactly. We don't created anything in terms of clear cut goal scoring opportunities like others. 

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Do you not agree that what we are witnessing now is another dip in form that perfectly typifies the Mowbray tenure...one step forward two steps back.

We want improvement on a steady basis,ultimately leading to promotion.It's quite clear this will never happen while he's in charge.

It's as clear as daylight that we must roll the Dice once more with the Manager..there is better out there.

I don't think it is the case that we have not made some progress this season; our defensive record and points per game return are better than last year - although I appreciate that supporters would have wanted the improvement to be greater. 

I think the problem with "roll the dice" is that these owners are much more likely to roll a pair of 1s than 6s.

The thing is TM changes his team to far too often, we can't afford to do that. We aren't City, Liverpool or Chelsea. You look outside our main 11 and whoever comes in it often weakens our team.

When Burnley and Sheff It's got promoted they had the same team 90% of the games. It's no wonder we look disfunctional, we play a different system week after week. 

Bennett gives his all but that can only get you so far. We need to invest in January or like previous seasons it will just die out to mid table garbage.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

What reason could he possibly have to prefer being in mid table rather than top 6 ?

Because, obviously, if there is no actual expectation on him to do anything worthwhile, and he can continue to hoodwink the owners and the majority of the fans that the dross we watch every week is all part of some long term masterplan then the greater the likelihood is that he and is mate Venus will be able to continue in their cushy no pressure jobs as opposed to getting sacked for underachievement.

As others have said, now Dack has been injured we are likely to pay for Mowbray's complete and utter ineptitude in the transfer market.

• Like 5

I really don’t know what it is your watching. Today he has our center foward on the right wing Gallagher our right winger on the left wing champman. Holtby not in the squad a natural replacement for Dack.( apologising if he’s injured) Buckley a cm has a winger. It’s a joke it’s not even clever or inventive it’s just nonsense. Managers in normal jobs would get sacked for sending a plumber to rewire your house etc but you advocate keeping because there no one better give me a break.

This rant is not at you personally.

• Like 6