BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town 29.12.19

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Because, obviously, if there is no actual expectation on him to do anything worthwhile, and he can continue to hoodwink the owners and the majority of the fans that the dross we watch every week is all part of some long term masterplan then the greater the likelihood is that he and is mate Venus will be able to continue in their cushy no pressure jobs as opposed to getting sacked for underachievement.

As others have said, now Dack has been injured we are likely to pay for Mowbray's complete and utter ineptitude in the transfer market.

You do realise that if they are sacked their contracts get paid up so they could just sit in their armchairs if they wished ? Therefore what you are suggesting looks not  right to me.

Just now, Boroblue said:

I really don’t know what it is your watching. Today he has our center foward on the right wing Gallagher our right winger on the left wing champman. Holtby not in the squad a natural replacement for Dack.( apologising if he’s injured) Buckley a cm has a winger. It’s a joke it’s not even clever or inventive it’s just nonsense. Managers in normal jobs would get sacked for sending a plumber to rewire your house etc but you advocate keeping because there no one better give mebreak.

This rant is not at you personally.

Thanks for your reply - I am having to deal with rather a lot of them in the last hour or so !

I understand what you are saying about the positions of players - what I am looking at is our overall rate of points per game which if sustained will mean we finish comfortable mid table. I don't think that's a sacking offence especially bearing in mind that the replacement could be a great deal worse. I still believe that given the owners track record the best bet is to stick with Mowbray and hope that some of the young players coming through turn out well.

Things are going wrong on the pitch what should  we do boss . TM  hands over on his head and he say fook knows then he jumps up wait a minute  Armstrong  through  the middle and 6ft 2 Gallagher  onto the wing  cracking idea boss . Bennett  get your tong from up my ass ok boss you can stay on no worries boss

• Like 1

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

You do realise that if they are sacked their contracts get paid up so they could just sit in their armchairs if they wished ? Therefore what you are suggesting looks not  right to me.

True, but if he could hang on long enough to be given another unwarranted new contract, then him and Venus really would be set for life.

Probably his last job at a decent level  and I get the sense he's trying to eke it out for all it's worth.

• Like 3

We were poor with Graham on the pitch but abysmal when he went off. Up to £14mill spunked on strikers and he is still the best we have.

Travis and Buckley couldn't trap the ball first time and nor could they find a blue and white shirt. Buckley actually got on the ball in or just outside the box on 3 occasions in the second half and wasted it each time. 

When Gallagher did win a flick on, he just flicked it to nowhere every time. Some time when you are challenging defenders that cant be helped, but sometimes he cleanly won the header and has to be more aware of where support is.

Edited by Hasta

I could go on about the poor tactics and copious player mistakes but when I'm watching a team out fought and showing no urgency for pretty much the full piece then that is unforgivable. If the manager cannot get these players up for it and in fear for their position in the team he may as well not be there.

• Like 5

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Some lack of urgency today. Lack of leadership too I would say 

How long's that been going on for ? When did we really go toe to toe with anybody ? You know, the sort of performance were you can wring the sweat out of your shirt after 90 minutes. I'm sick of asking these questions. When we win more 50/50 balls, contested headers, tackles, second balls, run further etc then things will start to improve and not until. There are no short cuts to winning football matches.

• Like 1

The frustrating thing is, that with a decent manager we would be in the play offs now. The massive problem is that even if we did get rid of Mowbray, which we need to if we wish to progress, then we’ll probably end up with some random manager who is worse. So we will permanently be stuck as nearly men. Two points from the last three games is not good enough, but that’s what we will get with square peg tombola Tony. 

Just now, OJRovers said:

I'm assuming that 2 x wingers are going to be top of Mowbray's shopping list in January if we're now suddenly going 4-4-2?

He doesn’t like wingers. If he did buy one he’d play him at full back or upfront. 

Thanks for your reply - I am having to deal with rather a lot of them in the last hour or so !

I understand what you are saying about the positions of players - what I am looking at is our overall rate of points per game which if sustained will mean we finish comfortable mid table. I don't think that's a sacking offence especially bearing in mind that the replacement could be a great deal worse. I still believe that given the owners track record the best bet is to stick with Mowbray and hope that some of the young players coming through turn out well.

Our overall points per game over the last fifty odd games is actually extremely poor, it's just that we seem to be able to string the occasional run of results together which prevents us from falling into the bottom three.

The momentum derived from gaining promotion from League 1 ensured we just about had enough in the Bank to survive last year and likewise the recent run before the last three games should mean we have enough in the Bank not to be relegated this time round although without Dack I wouldn't be surprised if thinks look fairly ugly by season end.

Either way I think we could and should be looking to do a lot better than Mowbray

• Like 3

But you see mash for me mid table mediocrity is not an objective. We are in  a league that is full of dross you don’t have to be fantastic to get out of it and our squad is equal to if not better than others. Unfortunately the manager is worse than a lot of others. 

So to prevent a like who question bowyer McNeil has a start. Look a wba rubbish until they get a proper manager. Boro are failing because they have a inexperienced manager. It goes on managers get you out of this league. Consistency gets you out of this league. What doesn’t is not having a clue who the team is from one week to the next or the formation your going to play  or has a player your position in the team or the fact has a player your not going to be in your favoured position. If it wasn’t Rovers and another club or a business I’d be laughing but it is and it stinks

• Like 1

Just now, Boroblue said:

But you see mash for me mid table mediocrity is not an objective. We are in  a league that is full of dross you don’t have to be fantastic to get out of it and our squad is equal to if not better than others. Unfortunately the manager is worse than a lot of others. 

So to prevent a like who question bowyer McNeil has a start. Look a wba rubbish until they get a proper manager. Boro are failing because they have a inexperienced manager. It goes on managers get you out of this league. Consistency gets you out of this league. What doesn’t is not having a clue who the team is from one week to the next or the formation your going to play  or has a player your position in the team or the fact has a player your not going to be in your favoured position. If it wasn’t Rovers and another club or a business I’d be laughing but it is and it stinks

Considering how desperate Middlesbrough have been, they are only six points behind us.

• Like 2

Just now, Boroblue said:

Mid table is not an objective for me either but I don't think it is a disaster if things are getting better - albeit slowly.

Agree with you about managers . Do you think the people who gave us Steve Kean, Owen Coyle , Henning Berg etc are going to pick the right one ?

This season is starting to feel like the Lambert season. Poor football yet somehow in contention for a play off place leading up to Christmas before completely playing ourselves out of it over the festive period.

We'll never know now if our best player would like then have been sold during the January transfer window but we all know what happened the following season.