BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town 29.12.19

Very negative board today, thankfully we aren't in the relegation mix as many predicted as this place would be a proper moanfest.

3 points off 4th, possibly our best position in several years.

So, we may now be short of Dack, Nyambe, Evans and Tosin, therefore selection changes will be required.

I think TM will resort to type and play Bennett at RB and Arma at RM (both Urgh).

We have very little strength in depth.

Huddersfield will be a tough ask as seem to have improved of late and we are looking a little one dimensional.

Given the now likely absentees 

Walton

Bennett    Lenihan     Williams    Downing

Armstrong     Travis    Johnson    Rothwell

Holtby

Graham

Edited by Doug

Just now, Doug said:

Very negative board today, thankfully we aren't in the relegation mix as many predicted as this place would be a proper moanfest.

So, we may now be short of Dack, Nyambe, Evans and Tosin, therefore selection changes will be required.

I think TM will resort to type and play Bennett at RB and Arma at RM (both Urgh).

Huddersfield will be a tough ask as seem to have improved of late and we are looking a little one dimensional.

Walton

Holtby

Graham

Your first paragraph is contradicted by paragraphs 4, 5 and 6.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

When Travis first came in he was a breath of fresh air. A huge upgrade on Lowe, forward passes, taking the ball forward, high energy, all-action tackles and alway looking to make something happen.

He seems different these days, more conservative. Like he has been moulded into Mowbray’s type of CM. Players don’t shine for long under this regime. It’s all about the team work ethic then find Dack and he’ll finish. Well somebody else needs that remit now.

These guys would have turned a young Messi into David Batty.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Doug said:

Walton

Holtby

Graham

Yes with the prospect of del, bell and benno in the starting 11, we shouldn't be negative should we?

• Moderation Lead
18 minutes ago, Doug said:

Walton

Holtby

Graham

Is it? Just seems the same as normal. 
Still not sure why people still push this negative vs positive thing or even speak of agendas. 
It’s only words from people you’ll likely never meet....

23 minutes ago, Doug said:

Walton

Holtby

Graham

That’s with 5 arguably first team players out; Dack, Evans, Cunningham, Tosin, and Nyambe.

Still not a bad team - although I hope Tosin is back and I hope Bennett isn’t CM

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Yes with the prospect of del, bell and benno in the starting 11, we shouldn't be negative should we?

But, we are in a reasonable position and I think a lot of teams are down to bare bones due to fatigue and injuries and they will also be playing their peripheral players.

We need to hope that Lenihan comes through the game unscathed as our CD positions may become a real problem if Tosin is also out for the NYD game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

One of the biggest criticisms of Travis play has been his poor passing. Thats on him.

As for being less dynamic, again, not sure what mowbray can do about that. The players have their fitness programmes. Maybe playing men's football is just more difficult week in week out.

He gives 100% alright but the way people were talking about him,I expected more. I read an article on Sky sports news last week about who are the top young players in the championship. Travis did not get a mention and I didn't see anyone complaining about that. 

I acknowledge the way we play does somewhat limit what the cms do,but Travis has underwhelmed regardless of that imo 

If Travis is poor at passing what does that say about Bennett? His passing is absolutely horrific

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

This just proves the point. A less attack-minded Travis plays more under Mowbray and is less effective.

Pretty much sums things up for several players. Including the reverse argument.

You are ignoring personal responsibility due to your blinkered dislike of the manager. If you make the case that Travis started well,but has not continued that, would that not mean he therefore can play well under the manager? 

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

You are ignoring personal responsibility due to your blinkered dislike of the manager. If you make the case that Travis started well,but has not continued that, would that not mean he therefore can play well under the manager? 

Travis has been our best centre midfielder all season