BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forest V Rovers

I can never think of Forest, without having my mind go back to their glory days under the late Brian Clough and their success not only domestically, but on the European stage too. Like us, those days are long gone and the likes of signing Trevor Francis as the first £1m footballer and Peter Shilton, they most expensive keeper at that time, are distant memories.

Again like us they had a brief look at life in the third tier, but are now established in the second tier again and are flirting with the play offs. Having played out a 1-1 draw at Ewood, back in October and with 4 points separating us in the league, this would suggest a close game. I can't help feeling though, that we are about to go on another one of those frustrating runs, where we simply can't buy a win. 

The last 3 games have all suggested that we are going to struggle in this one and the bookmakers have us down to lose it. My prediction is a 2-0 defeat and given that would create a gap of 7 between us and them, could be the last time this season, we think we are in with a shout of the play offs.

Edited by lraC

Just now, lraC said:

I can never think of Forest, without having my mind go back to their glory days under the late Brian Clough and their success not only domestically, but on the European stage too. Like us, those days are long gone and the likes of signing Trevor Francis as the first £1m footballer and Peter Shilton, they most expensive keeper at that time, are distant memories.

Again like us they had a brief look at life in the third tier, but are now established in the second tier again and are flirting with the play offs. Having played out a 1-1 draw at Ewood, back in October and with 4 points separating us in the league, this would suggest a close game. I can't help feeling though, that we are about to go on another one of those frustrating runs, where we simply can't buy a win. 

The last 3 games have all suggested that we are going to struggle in this one and the bookmakers have us down to lose it. My prediction is a 2-0 defeat and given that would create a gap of 7 between us and them, could be the last time this season, we think we are in with a shout of the play offs.

From memory there was a horrible home defeat to them in 1999 which led to Kidd's "rubber dinghy men " outburst; I think we all knew that day we were going to go down.

I saw us lose at Forest in the mid 1970s in the season they were promoted to the top flight under Clough; they were way better than us .

16 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Think we've won both games we've played there under Mowbray

Reminds me a lot of Rovers going there to be honest, shell of a big club coating over a very standard average championship centre. Bigger crowds but similar feeling in the ground of nervousness need the team at it to get them going.  

On their day it all lives up to its tag, like us but mostly a bland experience on and off the pitch when it ought to be so much better. Think playing at grounds like this suites Rovers it has a familiar feel to it.

34 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

He can't be any worse than Gallagher...

Yes he can.

I think we'd all like to romance ourselves in a 'starts against former club and has a blinder' story. But sadly we live in reality.

He's got a chance of starting under Tony's Tombola. However I'd put my money on his next start being Birmingham away on Saturday.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stinny1 said:

Well if Huddersfield can beat us and they where poor i think Forest will win 3 nil can't  see where the goals are going to come from . A lot better defenders  in forest  team

Huddersfield also beat Forest 2-1 a week ago, just saying.

• Like 1

No idea what team we should be putting out. Graham is a certainty. Would give Holtby a run in the 10 position and not shunted out wide if he is fit. Would go for Evans alongside Travis again if the former is fit. The centre backs and keeper pick themselves. Would play Armstrong back on the right. Left side, Downing is a given but between Williams, Bell and Rothwell, its who to play down that side alongside him. Rothwell has been crap and Bell is always crap so for the purpose of having no alternatives, even though hes not very good himself, I would play Williams LB and Downing LM. Right back we need to hope that Nyambe recovers, otherwise I would go with Rankin Costello. If he is injured, then Travis to RB and Davenport CM.

Dont want to see Bennett near the team, dont want to see Gallagher, dont want to see Bell and dont want to see Buckley.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

No idea what team we should be putting out. Graham is a certainty. Would give Holtby a run in the 10 position and not shunted out wide if he is fit. Would go for Evans alongside Travis again if the former is fit. The centre backs and keeper pick themselves. Would play Armstrong back on the right. Left side, Downing is a given but between Williams, Bell and Rothwell, its who to play down that side alongside him. Rothwell has been crap and Bell is always crap so for the purpose of having no alternatives, even though hes not very good himself, I would play Williams LB and Downing LM. Right back we need to hope that Nyambe recovers, otherwise I would go with Rankin Costello. If he is injured, then Travis to RB and Davenport CM.

Dont want to see Bennett near the team, dont want to see Gallagher, dont want to see Bell and dont want to see Buckley.

Travis hasn't played right back in over 2 years and NEVER at first team level. He is a centre midfielder not a full back. 

Nyambe and Williams are supposedly injured according to Mowbray post match comments. 

I hope Evans is fit so he can play centre mid with Travis. A partnership that has produced the best results for us 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Travis hasn't played right back in over 2 years and NEVER at first team level. He is a centre midfielder not a full back. 

Nyambe and Williams are supposedly injured according to Mowbray post match comments. 

I hope Evans is fit so he can play centre mid with Travis. A partnership that has produced the best results for us 

Its very much as a last resort but above playing the dreadful Bennett who I hope is moved on in January. A dismal player.