BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forest V Rovers

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Its very much as a last resort but above playing the dreadful Bennett who I hope is moved on in January. A dismal player. 

Bennett going anywhere. Still 18 months left on his contract. https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17228904.elliott-bennett-signs-new-rovers-deal/

I like Bennett in the squad but He isn't a right back tho. He is a victim of his own attitude that he is willing to play anywhere for the club and wont complain about it.  

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bennett going anywhere. Still 18 months left on his contract. https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17228904.elliott-bennett-signs-new-rovers-deal/

I like Bennett in the squad but He isn't a right back tho. He is a victim of his own attitude that he is willing to play anywhere for the club and wont complain about it.  

He is shit in midfield too. Just not a Championship standard footballer.

• Like 5

Just now, Burrells Boy said:

I do, doesn’t make you right,

I'm not saying I'm right but the ability to accept my opinion even we disagree. 

Me and roversfan99 have talk over different social media and this issue several times. So he knows my opinion on Bennett

Edited by chaddyrovers

Mowbray will go and try to get a draw and will be delighted if we do get that.

That actually wouldnt bother me if he could set the team up to go away from home, defend as a unit and absorb pressure but I can count on one hand the number of times we have managed to do that.

We are playing the mighty juggernaut Forest and should be excited to be able to play them and 'test ourselves' against such a great side - that will be the attitude.

Expect minimum 4 changes, probably more. Can't be bothered trying to guess what he will do next. Dack's injury and other unavailability looks to have sent Mowbray into a tailspin of chopping and changing. Try to second guess him at your peril.

• Like 1

• Backroom

We tend to pick up something in the games everyone expects us to lose. Weirdly I'm less anxious about this match than I was about Wigan, Birmingham or Huddersfield. With that said a draw would be a decent result albeit tempered by the amount of points we've dropped over the past week and a bit in games we should have gotten more from. I can't see a clean sheet so the optimist in me will go for a 1-1. A loss would mean 2 points from 12 and mean we are definitely in the throes of another downward form spiral. Although it's not like 3 from 12 is much better. 

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Hopefully Mowbray puts the scarf back on.

Fooking Dumbo and his lucky feather. Mind you, if it was the difference that made the difference then definitely get it back round his neck. Make him fooking sleep in it, if it helps us to win again.

Win ugly, or with style, we only ever remember the result! 

COY scarvey Blues!

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Mowbray will go and try to get a draw and will be delighted if we do get that.

That actually wouldnt bother me if he could set the team up to go away from home, defend as a unit and absorb pressure but I can count on one hand the number of times we have managed to do that.

We are playing the mighty juggernaut Forest and should be excited to be able to play them and 'test ourselves' against such a great side - that will be the attitude.

Expect minimum 4 changes, probably more. Can't be bothered trying to guess what he will do next. Dack's injury and other unavailability looks to have sent Mowbray into a tailspin of chopping and changing. Try to second guess him at your peril.

Agree JH though he might think we are struggling and throw all the kids in and make it look like we had no option as we are so unlucky to be injury ravaged and therefore what else could anyone expect but a defeat . You know the one ...” not really my fault , not much we could do , we had six 12 year olds in our team today” kind of bollox . 

Edited by TBTF
  • Like 2

Mowbray needs to pick a team and stick to it. Bar Graham and Dack, our forwards are garbage so  I'd be tempted to play 451. We don't score enough goals as it is so at least it would make us harder to beat. Grind out some 1-0s. Graham up top and swamp the midfield. Armstrong and Chapman out wide and three central midfielders who'll battle and scrap. 

7 hours ago, Brgav said:

Gally and graham up top and get the high balls in. Since we dont have any real wingers

Well we do, for the right wing we have Chapman (preferably) or Bennett (yeah I know). Alternatively Rakin Costello.

For the left Downing is a winger by trade. If he isn't gonna be played as an out and out winger he's probably better off playing on the right anyway were he can cut inside on his left foot like many other players do. After that it's a fudge job though with someone like Armstrong or even Bell shunted out there 

11 hours ago, Brgav said:

Gally and graham up top and get the high balls in. Since we dont have any real wingers, no creativity in the middle since we lost dack, just hoof it home. Our only chance.

i agree,we don`t play with any width thus meaning we have to go sideways or backwards all the time,might as well sit deep and launch it long into space,armstrong would be perfect for this scenario,just teach him the offside rule first,bang it over the top and use his pace to unsettle the defence