BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forest V Rovers

Rothwell's finally woken up... great ball up to Armstrong for the goal, and his attacking play generally improved during the latter stages.  

If we have anything about us we will at least draw this game. Half the Forest team look to be carrying knocks.

• Like 1

Bennett and Bell as usual, crap. Lolley knew Bell is the weak link and it showed.

Rovers woke up in the last 10-15 mins and played much better. Evans should have tucked in the equaliser but not complaining after a horrible showing in the first half hour or so.

If we can start the 2nd half like how we ended the first, we will have a chance.

Edited by yellowsubmarine
  • Like 1

Just now, TBTF said:

Best game??? Well I suppose he has just won us a free kick on the half way line. You don’t get much for £7million these days .... and we bloody haven’t!!

Not sure he’s good at anything - and that’s not being unkind. Not strong, not quick, not a good finisher, doesn’t hold it up that well. What an earth have we bought for £7 million Mowbray?

• Like 3

Just now, TBTF said:

Best game??? Well I suppose he has just won us a free kick on the half way line. You don’t get much for £7million these days .... and we bloody haven’t!!

Agreed. He hadn't had a good game, just not excerably horrible like every time I have seen him.

Id get Graham on for Brereton - I think he could score today looking at the shape of the game. Gallagher will just run around a lot a la Brereton.

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Brereton has easily had his best game for us but we still need Graham on.

Downing has been exceptional. Forest are dropping off.. could get something from this.

He at least looks like he has played football before if that’s what you mean?

I do wonder if he has managed to perform at youth level because he was tall for his age. Maybe he has always been average and football has just caught him up...

• Like 3

• Backroom

Surprised people are picking out Bell for criticism, think he’s been one of our better players again overall.

Big second half now, need to get at them early and make them nervy 

• Like 1

Just now, AdamRochina said:

downing in the middle looks a class above anything we have

I was thinking the other day that if Allardyce were here he’d almost certainly have Downing in cm, like he did with Pedersen. He’s too old to play in the wing and not a natural left-back. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

He at least looks like he has played football before if that’s what you mean?

I do wonder if he has managed to perform at youth level because he was tall for his age. Maybe he has always been average and football has just caught him up...

It happens a lot Stuart

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

Surprised people are picking out Bell for criticism, think he’s been one of our better players again overall.

Big second half now, need to get at them early and make them nervy 

I think Bell has looked the way he usually does... looks really good going forward, but a major worry defensively. Of the 2 full backs, Bennett has been worse though tbf. 

There's definitely something in this game for us now, Forest looked really nervy after conceding, how are they 5th?

Rothwell was awful until a brilliant pass for Armstrong to set up Downing for the goal and then an excellent effort that 100% hit the defender's arm (though it was close to his body it was on target).

Stats give us almost 60% possession and better passing accuracy.  Walton and Bell were poor for both goals.

There's hope as there is potential in this formation just hope it isn't false.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Would be nice if Brereton could get some game time in the second half as I havent seen him yet. Walton must be close to double figures in terms of goal costing mistakes now. Downing a class apart thankfully and has us in the game.

Lots saying Brereton is having his best game, 

As for Walton, he has also saved plenty. Certainly not bear doubt figures in terms of goal costing mistakes.