BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forest V Rovers

Just now, Wood26 said:

He rightfully went 3 at the back, who would you of taken off?

Rothwell at right back isnt 3 at the back, are you telling me bell was playing as a centre half? If so thats even worse, as i cant see anyone else who would have played as a 3rd centre half.

Edited by AAK

Just now, DE. said:

I feel some sympathy for the lad in that he didn't dictate his ridiculous fee and I don't feel he's been managed well by Mowbray at all since he arrived, but he needs to be gone from here for a while. Get him loaned out, hopefully he'll start regularly elsewhere, score a few goals, clear his head and come back next season with a point to prove. Ideally under a new manager but most likely not. 

Instead I imagine he'll hang around here making random starts and appearances off the bench - most likely on the wing. 

No,its not his fault,but that 6 million squandered is just insane really when ya think about it. Doesnt make sense at all and I'm not into conspiracies 

Just now, 4000Holes said:

There is good talent in that squad, unfortunately the set up is wrong.  A half decent manager would get more from them despite having a crap defence and awful goalkeeper.

Just playing players in their natural positions would probably help. 

• Like 4

Just now, Wood26 said:

The goal keeper cost us that game. Plus Brereton was like playing with 10 men. We are desperate for a decent striker they can play every week.

Harsh on Brereton. Our defence and their distribution was utter shite, as has been the standard for most of the season. We are a very poor side.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

I feel some sympathy for the lad in that he didn't dictate his ridiculous fee and I don't feel he's been managed well by Mowbray at all since he arrived, but he needs to be gone from here for a while. Get him loaned out, hopefully he'll start regularly elsewhere, score a few goals, clear his head and come back next season with a point to prove. Ideally under a new manager but most likely not. 

Instead I imagine he'll hang around here making random starts and appearances off the bench - most likely on the wing. 

Yes , loaning him out for the rest of the season looks like the most advisable course of action - whether the owners would agree to doing that is another matter

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

No,its not his fault,but that 6 million squandered is just insane really when ya think about it. Doesnt make sense at all and I'm not into conspiracies 

It was weird at the time and seems downright insane now. If they were thinking they were going to develop the lad and sell him for £20m+ then that plan is truly up in smoke. We'd be lucky to get £700k for him right now.

Just now, AAK said:

Rothwell at right back isnt 3 at the back, are you telling me bell was playing as a centre half?

Pretty sure it was a back 3 with Rothwell tasked with tracking back because Downing couldn't.

At times we had Tosin, Rothwell, Downing and Bell defending at RB. It just looked like Rothwell was there.

Just now, DE. said:

It was weird at the time and seems downright insane now. If they were thinking they were going to develop the lad and sell him for £20m+ then that plan is truly up in smoke. We'd be lucky to get £700k for him right now.

Lucky to get 500,000. I've given him a chance but I see nothing in him as a player. Harsh,but true. 

• Like 1

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

A truly awful set of results as I can remember over the festive period...really piss poor.

Team is falling apart.

Its standard stuff though isnt it. It's the mowbray way. 

Dont want to be a flip flopper and I dont think he is going anywhere anytime soon, but I would be happy with a change. 

• Like 1

Its standard stuff though isnt it. It's the mowbray way. 

Dont want to be a flip flopper and I dont think he is going anywhere anytime soon, but I would be happy with a change. 

Another problem is Middlesbrough have started winning ....

• Like 2

Just now, Waggy76 said:

Where was Holtby ,again ???

He posted a 10 year recap on instagram yesterday. Every year of the decade he posted a pic of him in the jersey of the team he played with. So Rovers were there for 2019, but then for 2020 he had a question mark. I just found it odd. Maybe I'm getting too suspicious about everything 

• Backroom

We will finish 15th or 16th. Stinker of a season. 

Tony's target was 70 points minimum. As it stands we're at 36 with just under half the season gone, so theroetically we're still on target. We're going to need another very good run of form between now and the end of the season though, and we'll need to do it without our best player... so I don't rate our chances. Think we'll do well at this point to match the 60 points we got last season - which would likely once again put us around 15th/16th. Considering Mowbray hasn't had to sell any of our best players (not that there's many mind, basically just Dack. Raya was a sale Mowbray engineered himself) and has had decent investment a failure to improve on last season will be very disappointing. Am sure it'll be blamed on Dack being injured though.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

West Brom 1 up in 1 minute. Ha

Why do we wear that fukin shit grey kit away when playing red ? Blue and White and some pride please.

Those green socks are horrible.

Should be prerequisite of any kit deal that alternate blue matching shorts must be supplied with the home kit, to stop this nonsense of not playing in the famous blue and white halves wherever possible

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

He posted a 10 year recap on instagram yesterday. Every year of the decade he posted a pic of him in the jersey of the team he played with. So Rovers were there for 2019, but then for 2020 he had a question mark. I just found it odd. Maybe I'm getting too suspicious about everything 

I saw that, thought the same

Mowbray says he’s injured but he’s looked fine in pics