BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forest V Rovers

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Harsh on Brereton. Our defence and their distribution was utter shite, as has been the standard for most of the season. We are a very poor side.

This is bizarre, defenders used the ball very well today I thought (defending diabolical though), and the mids. The issue firmly lay with the strikers offering very little.

Just now, Husky said:

Why even wait? The time is now.

There is 0 chance he will get sacked. Absolutely none. He can just point to us being 4 points off the play offs. 

We will probably lose most games now in jan. Then go one  run in feb,maybe into march. Then another bad run will hit and we will end up at the bottom of the pile of those in the mix for the play offs. 

21 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

give johnson a chance,young,ambitious and tactically astute,the polar opposite of tony the tinkerer

Has a history with the club and also would probably cost less if we can persuade Mowbray to go without a massive pay off 

Edited by benhben

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm spitting feathers - Wigan and Big Club at home, Hudds and Forest away. 10 points from those games would not have been too much to ask from a half decent Rovers team.

Even 7 points and we would be in 6th place.,

Pisspoor by Mowbray. I genuinely believe he and the club don't want promotion.

• Like 1

Just now, benhben said:

Has a history with the club and also would probably cost less if we can persuade Mowbray to go without a massive pay off 

the most optimistic outlook  for the current mess we are in is that mowbray may well decide to pack it in at the end of the season,walk away with a pay off and retire,he looks tired,devoid of ideas and unmotivated,i don`t think he`s going anywhere until the end of the season

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

There is 0 chance he will get sacked. Absolutely none. He can just point to us being 4 points off the play offs. 

"I could've been a contender".

Having no manager would be better. I couldn't believe it when such a big contract extension was given - it stunk of all that cloak and daggers stuff as seen back in the Keano days.

If The Stingies had put one of their own Indian Blingers in charge and then we'd seen this 'square pegs in round holes' stuff that's become a staple of Tony T's regime, then EVERYONE, (including Amber) would be saying it's ridiculous and a joke.

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

the most optimistic outlook  for the current mess we are in is that mowbray may well decide to pack it in at the end of the season,walk away with a pay off and retire,he looks tired,devoid of ideas and unmotivated,i don`t think he`s going anywhere until the end of the season

Due to a lack of input from the owners and a board that Mowbray pretty much appointed as mates...Mowbray isn't getting sacked whatever the results are. 

As you say the only way is when TM decides he cant be arsed. The lack of pressure from above is probably why hes looks under no rush to arrest bad form

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE. said:

It was weird at the time and seems downright insane now. If they were thinking they were going to develop the lad and sell him for £20m+ then that plan is truly up in smoke. We'd be lucky to get £700k for him right now.

When I first heard we'd bought him, I thought that was what we'd offered and had accepted.

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

This is bizarre, defenders used the ball very well today I thought (defending diabolical though), and the mids. The issue firmly lay with the strikers offering very little.

I thought Tosin hit some terrible passes outside of the box, straight to the feet of the opposition. Lenihan hoofed it high and wide like he always does. For a spell in the 2nd half we moved the ball better and at pace but (including the strikers) we just weren't good enough, organised enough, composed enough etc. 

With Dack out, I'm afraid we're going to spend the rest of the season tinkering around with the formation. I think we went through 433, 4231,442 today at least. Mowbray can't help himself but tinker around. Rothwell at right back! Won't be long before we see Graham at centre half.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Even 7 points and we would be in 6th place.,

Pisspoor by Mowbray. I genuinely believe he and the club don't want promotion.

That kind of this does go on - or did - usually from clubs who want to avoid increased costs. Not beyond the realms though.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Trouble is, the No 2 is no better. Both goalies are tall, well-built athletes, but both are weak as kittens with no physical presence. Toss-up between them as to which is worse. 

Hilton would be an improvement on both.

• Like 2

The logic behind the  Brereton transfer is incredibly sound. Young English striker. Develop him, get him to perform a bit in the Championship and then sell him on for a tidy profit.

The problem is that we were the club that he got moved on to whilst Forest got the profit !

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Worth nothing he made both goals for us today, but he needs to stop losing possession

Involved in the build up to both goals would be more accurate imo, he hit a couple of decent passes but it was Armstrong, Downing and Bennett that did the creating goals bit. The number of times Rothwell either runs into traffic or hits blind passes straight to opponents when we are pushing forward is criminal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

When Mowbray selected a consistent team we did well, and players like Adarabioyo were a part of that. When Dack was suspended, instead of keeping the team the sand and simply playing a different player in Dack’s role, he started meddling and hasn’t stopped since.

We now look like we did when he used to meddle before the recent great, if short, spell. That’s no coincidence. We have gone from 5 wins in 6 to 1 win in 6 and are in free fall down the form table - and against teams that we should have been getting points from.

He's obviously remembering Tinkerman Ranieri winning the Premier League with Leicester City. The pity for us is that he's more 'Stinkerman', tweaking the team for no real purpose, and to negative effect.

The way he's fiddling around surely has its roots in the way he must have whispered the word "Loan" so softly that people only heard, "defenders are coming."

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Very frustrating game.

Walton - disastrous signing, threw two in the net today. He looks weak at everything he does.

Bennett - clearly not a right back but another assist today 

. . .

I don't have Sky and chose not to listen to Radio 5; was that for us, or for Forest?

Just asking!