BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forest V Rovers

Just now, arbitro said:

I'm struggling to think of one positive from the shambles today. If there is a possibility of sending Walton back to Brighton I would do it. He is so brittle and his decision making is worse than Raya's not to mention his awful distribution. I'm sure Lenihan has an anvil for a head as the ball doesn't half come off his head at some funny angles. Tosin wasn't much better. Both full backs were appalling and in midfield Downing was the only player who got anywhere near the standard required. Our strikers were frankly embarrassing. 

Mowbray is blaming errors and whilst that is true the close scoreline today papers over lots of cracks. The buck stops with him and he just doesn't have the answers. We have no footballing identify despite him being here nearly three years and spend upwards of £15m. I have always said he is Mr Average, a mid table shoe in type but after the last four games I believe we are regressing and will be in a relegation scrap.

TM will bob over to the Loons at their expense and show the idiots how much closer we are to promotion than relegation. They will love his enthusiasm, love BD's pics on instagram showing he's having a ball, and in some sort of re-hab, and give him £6 million to spend on another jewel to add to the circus.

• Like 1

I refuse to waste my time moaning about Walton as I also did with Raya. Next keeper will be just the same. The root problem is the coach is a kid who never played and once read a book on goalkeeping. It's complete bollocks....but cheap obviously.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Amo said:

Grabbi was out of his depth but he at least showed some technical skill. 

What are Brereton’s strengths? No one seems to know.

Brereton is, as things stand, definitely in the Grabbi, Davies camp for most disastrous recentish era signings.

He is more mind boggling than either of those, in terms of what we spent for what he had done.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Brereton is, as things stand, definitely in the Grabbi, Davies camp for most disastrous recentish era signings.

He is more mind boggling than either of those, in terms of what we spent for what he had done.

The £7m curse strikes again! 

• Like 1

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Another worrying point, according to Rich Sharpe, Danny Graham has had just 9 touches of the ball in his last 2 games (7 in 60mins against Hudds, 2 in 20mins against Forest)

He's now probably our only reliable source of goals and yet he never gets the ball.

The link-up he had with Dack was crucial to his and our overall game. Without that he's nowhere near as effective unfortunately. I think Holtby's the best chance we have of bringing in somebody on a similar wavelength, but good luck keeping him fit for longer than 65 minutes.

34 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

He's generally a liabilty.

Gave the last goal away. Only bucked up playing at full back.

He can be exciting but the end product is usually running into trouble and losing it rather than passing.

He does make some good passes but generally his decision making is poor.

His end product was literally both goals today. No one else in our team is as creative. He needs guidance and improvement from a technical coach. Mowbray will never provide him that

I find it hard to blame the manager today when we score 2 goals away from home against one of the top teams and have 67% possession. Our goalkeeper killed us when we were in the game with 2 bad decisions/mistakes.

Added to this we have the 2nd most clean sheets in the league, when a major criticism of Mowbray in summer was not sorting the defence.

Edited by Wood26
  • Like 2

Just now, Wood26 said:

I find it hard to blame the manager today when we score 2 goals away from home against one of the top teams and have 67% possession. Our goalkeeper killed us when we were in the game with 2 bad decisions/mistakes.

Who signed that keeper? 

• Like 3

Nothing else to really add to what has been said.

I will touch on one thing though, the fact that we have, and I knew we would after the way we started against Wigan, entered yet another Mowbray horror run. 

Dack being out is a huge blow, he has been the heartbeat of the club for the past two years so of course we're going to miss him.

Glad there is a break from league action on Sat, I dread to think what lineup and system we'll attempt to play when the nobbers role into town.

Just now, Amo said:

Did he? That doesn’t change the fact Walton is between the sticks because Mowbray cashed in on Raya and signed a more error-prone goalie. 

I know what you mean, I’d rather Raya.

And trust me I’m not blindly defending Mowbray, but did he want to sell Raya? Or did he have to? Same with Brereton.

Why would any manager sell a GK and only get a loan replacement makes no sense.

Edited by Wood26

They had a much publicised spat last season so I'm sure Mowbray played his part in Raya going one way or another.

As often in these situations it's not the player leaving it's the quality of replacement that's the problem. An age old Rovers problem.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Wood26 said:

I know what you mean, I’d rather Raya.

And trust me I’m not blindly defending Mowbray, but did he want to sell Raya? Or did he have to? Same with Brereton.

Why would any manager sell a GK and only get a loan replacement makes no sense.

I don't think there's ever been any suggestion Mowbray was forced to sell Raya to be fair. It was pretty obvious from his public comments at the end of last season that he was frustrated and unhappy with Raya's performances, as evidenced by him being dropped towards the end, and I think Mowbray simply felt he could do better. Obviously his plans for various other keepers fell through and we ended up with Walton on loan. Much like Brereton it's a mistake he simply has to hold his hands up for and admit he got it wrong. 

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

I don't think there's ever been any suggestion Mowbray was forced to sell Raya to be fair. It was pretty obvious from his public comments at the end of last season that he was frustrated and unhappy with Raya's performances, as evidenced by him being dropped towards the end, and I think Mowbray simply felt he could do better. Obviously his plans for various other keepers fell through and we ended up with Walton on loan. Much like Brereton it's a mistake he simply has to hold his hands up for and admit he got it wrong. 

I’m not familiar with the FFP rules but did we not have to sell someone of value and losing Raya was better then Travis or Lenihan? And I refuse to believe he had 7 million to spend and picked Brereton over and older available striker, he was doing as instructed for the re-sell.

If I’m wrong I’m wrong, but I think it’s more Venkys doing then the managers.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Wood26 said:

I’m not familiar with the FFP rules but did we not have to sell someone of value and losing Raya was better then Travis or Lenihan? And I refuse to believe he had 7 million to spend and picked Brereton over and older available striker, he was doing as instructed for the re-sell.

If I’m wrong I’m wrong, but I think it’s more Venkys doing then the managers.

We're entering 'conspiracy' territory here which the more 'negative' posters often get criticised for, so in the interests of fairness we can really only go off what the manager has said. He has taken responsiblity for the Brereton signing and said it was his decision, so he's either a liar or he's at fault for the transfer. Not a great look either way. I don't see how Raya's relatively tiny £3m fee goes much towards helping with FFP, and again there's never been any public suggestion that this was the case. Everything points to Mowbray simply not rating Raya and wanting to move him on - I believe he did speak about using the Raya funds to improve the squad elsewhere, but there was never any suggestion it was forced upon him and as it turned out those Raya funds were not used in any obvious way unless they went towards Tosin's loan fee/wages, but to swap out a goalkeeper for a defender and then not bring in a suitable replacement goalkeeper would be nonsense anyway. 

• Like 3