BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forest V Rovers

20 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

this is the time to release the beast,step forward ben brereton,he`ll be like a rampaging water buffalo dribbling through the forest defence like tom finney on acid,mark my words,this is the beginning of his rovers stardom

What alcohol have you been on!? £7M wasted in my view. Forest comfortable win

On 30/12/2019 at 19:07, roversfan99 said:

He is shit in midfield too. Just not a Championship standard footballer.

I reckon he could play the Savage role - he has the energy and commitment.

Of course that would require a Tugay for him to pass the ball 5 yards to (then get out of the way).

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Huddersfield hadn't beaten us at home for over 20 years before Sunday, means nothing.

I'll be amazed if today isnt the most comfortable 90 minutes that Forest have all season, we have reverted back to type until probably March now when we'll probably win 3 in a row and everything will be rosy again.

15 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Huddersfield hadn't beaten us at home for over 20 years before Sunday, means nothing.

I'll be amazed if today isnt the most comfortable 90 minutes that Forest have all season, we have reverted back to type until probably March now when we'll probably win 3 in a row and everything will be rosy again.

The probable outcome unfortunately...

The lack of faith in Mowbray and the team is apparent and it's difficult to argue with. These fallow periods which have been a constant in Mowbrays tenure are depressing. To add some balance we can also go on winning/unbeaten runs too but this aspect of Mowbrays management is really frustrating and it's during the poor runs that the apathy towards him increasingly grows.

Personally I am traveling down in a forlorn hope that we can win but being realistic I expect a defeat and lots of excuses about injuries and tiredness.

• Like 3

It says a lot when we are 1 defeat out of a decent unbeaten run and still handily placed how much indifference their is amongst the fans.

That's because of the manner of the disjointed performances when there really is no need for it. No guarantees you'll win of course but setting out square pegs in round holes and zero balance in the side tends to make it easier for the opposition to cancel us out. 

Lets hope today is another away day where it just clicks and the swift counter attacking is deployed.  When that happens we look good in patches and often win.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, tomphil said:

It says a lot when we are 1 defeat out of a decent unbeaten run and still handily placed how much indifference their is amongst the fans.

That's because of the manner of the disjointed performances when there really is no need for it. No guarantees you'll win of course but setting out square pegs in round holes and zero balance in the side tends to make it easier for the opposition to cancel us out. 

Lets hope today is another away day where it just clicks and the swift counter attacking is deployed.  When that happens we look good in patches and often win.

Even though it's only one defeat in terms of points it's actually worse than if we'd won one of those matches and lost the other two. If the draws had been decent performances I think the feeling would be a bit different, but they were abject enough to feel like a defeat even though they weren't. At the very least we need a good performance today to get the wind back in our sails, even if we only manage a draw. 

• Like 2

I think we will play much better today to be fair.

We all knew deep down we'd struggle against the likes of Wigan and Brum deep down, who both admitted they came for a draw. Theres always that hope that things will be different this time, but they rarely are! Ultimately that's one of the reasons we always falter when play offs are mentioned.

Forest will have a go today and leave a lot more space to exploit.

Hoping for 2 up top preferably Brereton and Graham but that's probably unlikely sadly.

Our most difficult match over the festivities and we may be down to bare bones.

Presuming Nyambe is still hamstrung then we know who will be RB.

I'm guessing that Holtby, Evans and Williams will still be unavailable.

So, TM to select same back 4 that finished the last game,

Arma, Travis, Johnson and Chapman to occupy midfield, with Brereton and Gallagher up top.

Heaven knows what will happen when Tosin and Walton loans run out as we aren't blooding enough youngsters.

5 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Oh I quite agree - in fact I am more worried about a defeat now it has been pointed out we haven't lost there for nearly 5 years. We love changing records. I was just pointing it out, not gaining any confidence from it.

Huddersfield also hadn't come from behind to win for two and a half years I believe the LT said.

• Like 1

I think he could go with :-

Walton

Bennett    Lenihan    Tosin    Bell

Travis        Evans (if fit) or Johnson

Gallagher    Holtby     Downing

Brereton

Gallagher could also be Arma or Buckley depending on the tombola.

Just now, Roverthechimp said:

BB to play and prove us all wrong ??

(Yes i have been drinking but would be so happy if he came good ?)

Give him a run of games, playing up front, simple as that really but highly doubtful it will happen. Strikers are confidence players, with the best will in the world he ain't ever gonna get that sat there on the bench.

• Like 2