BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston (home)

Apologies if someone is doing a proper preview for this, but I've just noticed on twitter that they have said there are 1400 tickets remaining for the upper tier before they can sell lower tier ones.

There fans appear to be having a right good moan about it and are even on about boycotting over it because they want to be in the lower. The price is the same for both tiers.

What an odd bunch.

If the price is the same in both tiers I don't get what the problem is. Just wait until the top is sold out and then buy, or buy now, return them and buy in the lower when they reach that stage.

If we were doing what Bolton used to do which is charging more upstairs than downstairs I can understand some groans but again just do the above.

Incidentally I am going to be complaining to Rovers/Forest about yesterday's ticket fiasco. Paid a higher price to sit in better seats as per the blocks advertised online only to discover from the stewards that it was a complete free for all on the day. 

Hilarious to see them in meltdown over their annual big day out !!!

When residents of Houghton, Walton le dale, Brigg and Leyland suddenly down their tv remotes and Red shirts to become lifelong Rovers haters for the day... sorry i mean PNE fans.  I really don't get the bulk of the moaning seeing as it's the same price in both tiers and they've turned out for early kick offs before in huge numbers.

I do think though it is another daft Waggot move that will only backfire on us tit for tat. At their place it's £24 and you get all the end and a 3 pm Saturday kick off.  First time we get that here it's £28 and a clear message if you don't sell the top out you don't get the bottom.

He'll relent if the numbers don't improve you just watch.

Imbecile he's turned out to be.

• Like 4

couple of preston fans where i work,they suddenly become extremely noisy when they win a few games and do their customary "play off drive!", for some reason they` ve developed an extreme dislike of rovers which is not mutual,i don`t even see them as rivals,when i was little my dad used to take us to deepdale when rovers were away ,when asked about this strange form of hatred they could only mumble something about jack walker and buying the league,complete bollocks of course,it was 25 years ago and what it had to do with preston in those days is beyond me,pretty sure we wer`nt in the same division,in a way they are the same as burnley fans ,both see themselves as sleeping giants(in prestons case it`s more like dead corpses),do rovers fans see them as rivals??i view bolton,burnley and even oldham in my dislike league more than preston

• Like 1

I don't view them as rivals at all. Every Preston fan I know is sound tbf as well, but on social media etc they don't half come across as a set of bitter clowns and for that reason it'd be good to put one over on them.

Their form in the last 5 is identical to ours so we both desperately need a win to stop the rot. Their defending yesterday was arguably more comical than ours, that own goal was an absolute pearler!

• Like 1

Sure there will be two sides to this but obviously shots fired from PNE. Would love to know our response before I make my mind up. That said they seem desperate to make it a Lancashire derby it isn’t a derby never has been. I’ve nothing against PNE they’re a great little club tbh, just I have no feeling of hate towards them like Burnley. They’ve Blackpool besides. It’s just a bit showcasey for my liking.

2297D540-F681-4002-926C-3A62DF4C1925.png

Edited by Scotland1

Team for Preston game  Walton, Nayambe , Lenihan, Tosin ,New Left back with paces , Chapman , Travis , Evans, Holtby  Downing Graham  a triangle  in midfield   two wingers  .  Graham is best in the air and Holtby to link midfield  and attack a bit like Gallagher  at Preston 2-0 Rovers

Waggott will back down. He will panic by Monday if sales haven't gone well. Likewise plenty of these Preston lot who only go to one away game a year will relent and buy where they are told.

Still expect 4000+ easy but it will be another opportunity missed for Waggott who will have had this down since the summer as a 7500 job.

As ever with this lot the family day out novelty of going to Ewood wears off after 2-3 visits.

• Like 1

Its pretty common for a football club to sell tickets in blocks though, not sure why we should bow down to them because the poor little things want to sit in the bottom tier like spoilt brats. They will all crumble anyway as they won't want to miss their cup final.

• Like 2

If they are not releasing the next block in the top tier because there are individual and pair seats still left then that is ridiculous (which is what I read somewhere)

However if you can get multiple,seats together at the moment and they just haven't sold out the upper tier then I don't see what their problem is.

Also, many are saying the atmosphere is poor in the top tier and that the atmosphere will be better in the bottom tier, and then say they are going to go in th home ends where they won't be able to say or sing a damn thing. (although we have heard this many times over the years from bigger clubs than PNE and apart from City in 2001 and Celtic it's always been bollocks.

Edited by Hasta

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

Sure there will be two sides to this but obviously shots fired from PNE. Would love to know our response before I make my mind up. That said they seem desperate to make it a Lancashire derby it isn’t a derby never has been. I’ve nothing against PNE they’re a great little club tbh, just I have no feeling of hate towards them like Burnley. They’ve Blackpool besides. It’s just a bit showcasey for my liking.

2297D540-F681-4002-926C-3A62DF4C1925.png

Could not agree more , this fixture is just another game to me ....I suspect they will nearly sell out , they are not doing very well at the moment....

Some of them are absolutely mental. Had a bunch on Twitter saying they'd rather sit with their rivals supporters than with their own fans because they'd prefer to sit in a lower tier. Christ, the DE Upper isn't even that high. Clearly they've protested in the same way when they've played Millwall, Newcastle, QPR, Brentford.... but I'll assume not.

It's all an excuse for poor ticket sales after the Christmas period, which is a perfectly good excuse anyway!

Once the upper has finally sold they probably have a massive late rush, hence the moaning about no pay on the day.  Not sure if we got that at theirs but we rarely got it at Bolton when they got it at Ewood.

Then they'll all be moaning about queues and missing the kick off !  Knobbers by name......

Neither Rovers or Preston have been pulling up any trees of late so I'm expecting the game to be poor viewing whatever vantage point people decide to take up. This, plus the additional expense of football matches so soon after Christmas leaves me thinking that it'll be a pretty disappointing attendance irrespective of the stomping of feet from up the 65. If people don't want to come to the game then fine. It's understandable, but rallying round the flag of 'lower tier or bust' seems odd in the extreme. The madness of crowds comes to mind.    

Edited by Andy Kennedys Hairdo

• Moderation Lead

We will get beat and some cretinous wasters from West Lancashire will sign up to this gaff and give us stick. AGAIN.

For goodness’ sake lads, this is the one game we need to win for the rest of the season!

• Like 2

just been on pne-online,the north end fans not half getting their kecks in a twist about sitting in the upper darwen end,one retarded **** suggesting we don`t want them to have to many tickets!!! and another seriously feebled minded one saying he was going to boycott,lol,if by some biblical miracle they ever make it to the premier league,half their fans won`t be going to away games because they don`t like the view,it`s as if they desperately need a new rival to dislike