BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston (home)

Is it not routine when there are 2 areas for away fans that you would release the tickets for the second section once the first is, or almost is, sold out?  Bizarre conspiracy theories from their lot really.  I can’t believe that some would choose not to go to a game because of the location of their seat, sounds like excuse making from folk who weren’t going anyway to me.

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m pretty sure that was the process last season... difference being they were flying then and it wasn’t just after Christmas so the upper tier went in no time...

The lower tier went first last time. I had to leave it late buying one and ended up in the upper.

Suspect it's because it's not a daft kick off time for once that they tried to make it upper first this time.

Edited by north_ender

3 hours ago, north_ender said:

The lower tier went first last time. I had to leave it late buying one and ended up in the upper.

Suspect it's because it's not a daft kick off time for once that they tried to make it upper first this time.

It's nothing to do with PNE or the kick off time. This season we have put all away fans in the top tier. When that has sold out we have then opened the lower tier.

We only do this with half of the stand if it's a smaller following, hence why Wigan filled half of the top tier, and then the bottom went on sale with the other half of the top tier being empty.

Preston have been treated exactly the same as every other club at Ewood this year. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Based on the players we have now, I would have to go with the following, we need some in this week:

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Adarabioyo Downing

Travis Evans

Armstrong Holtby Rankin-Costello

Graham

Subs: Fisher, Williams, Johnson, Davenport, Chapman, Rothwell, Samuel

Dont want to see Brereton, Gallagher, Bell or Bennett near the squad, all absolutely awful. Buckley nowhere near up to it either.

Chapman poor in todays cameo, and Rothwell has been all season, and Samuel is shite full stop, but there is no alternative bar 2 strikers no better than Varney and Brown, so they can be on the bench. Ideally a new manager by next weekend too.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Adarabioyo Downing

Travis Evans

Armstrong Holtby Rankin-Costello

Graham

We have to see if Nyambe is going to be fit enough for Saturday game. He just back in January doing some light training yesterday. 

Evans, Holtby and Rankin Costello are all currently injured. Maybe Evans will be fit this game 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Dont want to see Bennett near the squad

Bennett going to be out for a while now

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have to see if Nyambe is going to be fit enough for Saturday game. He just back in January doing some light training yesterday. 

Evans, Holtby and Rankin Costello are all currently injured. Maybe Evans will be fit this game 

Bennett going to be out for a while now

We need them all back and I hope they will be. Rothwells trial run in CM as you suggested was not a success.

Regarding Bennett, that would be good news in terms of removing the option for Mowbray to play a player not up to it. Although I wouldnt be surprised to see him on crutches still playing!

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We need them all back and I hope they will be. Rothwells trial run in CM as you suggested was not a success.

Regarding Bennett, that would be good news in terms of removing the option for Mowbray to play a player not up to it. Although I wouldnt be surprised to see him on crutches still playing!

Rankin-Costello wont be fit. 

Rothwell's trail run? one game? 

I would stick my team and the shape I picked. I am confident that we will get a result. 

Whatever shape we played on Saturday against Preston we need to be up for the battle and fight

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Rankin-Costello wont be fit. 

Rothwell's trail run? one game? 

I would stick my team and the shape I picked. I am confident that we will get a result. 

Whatever shape we played on Saturday against Preston we need to be up for the battle and fight

Mowbray said he will be training Tuesday. Considering how bad everyone else is playing JRC may be worth a go. Cant see us winning tbh.

Confidence is back to hitting rock bottom, I mean we couldn't knock an average team with 10 men out of the cup today, so I'm not expecting us to be turning over a play off chasing Preston.

Probably be a defeat, culminating in a meltdown in the fan base (on here and social media at the very least) before Mowbray pulls his standard rabbit out of the hat and beat Sheff Wed away.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray said he will be training Tuesday. Considering how bad everyone else is playing JRC may be worth a go. Cant see us winning tbh.

He has been out for while so he wont be rush back. 

I would play Armstrong and Chapman wide. Use their pace

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

Another poor effort today and yet again his shocking 'investment' in non scoring strikers screaming in our faces.

However this is Mowbray and his team of loyalists who somehow suddenly seem to be arsed when there's a slight possibility of the axe upsetting their coasting. Perfect timing then for one of their arse saving performances against this lot.

Whatever the result - IF WE LOSE - JAMES -- another bad overall display and he/they should finally get it both barrels from the stands.

7 hours ago, Ossydave said:

So they're 3 nil down at half time here to Norwich,just be saving themselves for their cup final.

I don't think they'll have a dodgy 2nd string keeper in against us.

But we don't have much of a choice.

Edited by Husky

• J*B pinned this topic
14 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Confidence is back to hitting rock bottom, I mean we couldn't knock an average team with 10 men out of the cup today, so I'm not expecting us to be turning over a play off chasing Preston.

Probably be a defeat, culminating in a meltdown in the fan base (on here and social media at the very least) before Mowbray pulls his standard rabbit out of the hat and beat Sheff Wed away.

The English language is amazing. By your use of “play off chasing Preston” one would assume they’re light years ahead of us. Yet the truth is they are 3 points ahead. It is a matter of a single win out of a remaining 20

This is a winnable game

• Like 2