BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston (home)

12 hours ago, Husky said:

I don't think they'll have a dodgy 2nd string keeper in against us.

But we don't have much of a choice.

They've conceded a massive 2 goals less than us in the league this season so let's not make out they have an amazing keeper/defence

49 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The English language is amazing. By your use of “play off chasing Preston” one would assume they’re light years ahead of us. Yet the truth is they are 3 points ahead. It is a matter of a single win out of a remaining 20

This is a winnable game

To be fair to the nobbers they've been flirting around the top for the last 3-4 months, whereas our Tombola team is truly erratic

Nob End are on something of a downward spiral, not dissimilar to our own recent run of 'form', so it is anyone's guess what the outcome from this fixture will be. Suffice it to say there will be complete meltdown if Rovers bottle it against our near neighbours, given the recent history of the fixture.

I'm going for a weirdly entertaining score draw, 1-1, with Rovers scoring first through Johnson.

COYB!Give-Them-Nothing-But-Take-From-Them-Eve

I don’t think we’re quite at the end of one of Mowbray’s death spiral runs yet which spells good news for the Nobbers - reckon it’s got another couple of games to go before we then win the next few. Rinse and repeat for the next ten after that. The Mowbray way.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The English language is amazing. By your use of “play off chasing Preston” one would assume they’re light years ahead of us. Yet the truth is they are 3 points ahead. It is a matter of a single win out of a remaining 20

This is a winnable game

They have occupied a play off position for a good portion of the season and were 2nd at one point? Surely qualifies as play off chasing?

We've never even been in a play off place.

• Like 1

The reason they are up there was their excellent early season form. Recently it’s been worse than us. Their Christmas form was the same as ours, two draws and two losses although their’s were losses at home and draws away. Before that it was two wins and four losses. So 8 points from the last 30. They might still be up there but it’s in no way promotion form.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, only2garners said:

The reason they are up there was their excellent early season form. Recently it’s been worse than us. Their Christmas form was the same as ours, two draws and two losses although their’s were losses at home and draws away. Before that it was two wins and four losses. So 8 points from the last 30. They might still be up there but it’s in no way promotion form.

Fair enough.

I didn't say promotion form though to be fair, I said they were play off chasing. 

It's fairly irrelevant anyway, we are in one of Mowbray's winless streaks, typified by failing to beat 10 man Birmingham. Form won't be an issue for PNE as we all know the way to arrest poor form is to go to Ewood.

4 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Walton

Nyambe    lenihan     tosin        Bell

Travis       Evans     Downing 

JRC            Gallagher           Armstrong 

Subs: leutwiler, Williams, Johnson, Rothwell, Chapman, Graham, whoever else is left.

Gallagher and Bell?!

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Walton

Nyambe    lenihan     tosin        Bell

Travis       Evans     Downing 

JRC            Gallagher           Armstrong 

Subs: leutwiler, Williams, Johnson, Rothwell, Chapman, Graham, whoever else is left.

Someone’s not taking part in dry January....

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Doogs said:

PNE to win 3 1..We cant defend cant score and will spend most of the game passing back and sideways...Another boring and loss from our Tony...God knows what the side will be..

We will dominate possession though.

• Like 2

It will take a remarkable turnaround to get all 3 points vs PNE. When we were soundly beaten at QPR after losing Lenihan & Cunningham, it took Tony a few games to get the squad squared away. The 5 games after QPR, we took only 4 points out of a possible 15; the next 8 games, we took 18 out of 24, only allowing 5 goals in those 8.

Losing Dacky is a terrible blow; but TM’s history suggests he is capable of righting the ship. But, the games don’t get any easier after PNE, either.

Edited by WacoRover

2 hours ago, WacoRover said:

It will take a remarkable turnaround to get all 3 points vs PNE. When we were soundly beaten at QPR after losing Lenihan & Cunningham, it took Tony a few games to get the squad squared away. The 5 games after QPR, we took only 4 points out of a possible 15; the next 8 games, we took 18 out of 24, only allowing 5 goals in those 8.

Losing Dacky is a terrible blow; but TM’s history suggests he is capable of righting the ship. But, the games don’t get any easier after PNE, either.

The 'ship" with Mowbray at the helm has been wallowing around barely afloat for the last 3 years , without a new captain and some new crew I don't see it staying afloat much longer.

9 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

£28... I don't think so.

Like Ben Brereton.... What a waste of money !

Wouldn't have said the price per se was an issue under normal circumstances.

Trouble is the football served up by Mowbray's teams isn't worth £8 let alone £28.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Which manager do you think has served up football worth £28 ?

Morning.

You're up early to stalk me today.

Since Venky's rocked up, not many. Kean's one game against Liverpool, a brief period under Bowyer maybe.

Imo the stuff served up by Mowbray's sides is down there with Lambert's as amongst the worst if not the worst though.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Morning.

You're up early to stalk me today.

Since Venky's rocked up, not many. Kean's one game against Liverpool, a brief period under Bowyer maybe.

Imo the stuff served up by Mowbray's sides is down there with Lambert's as amongst the worst if not the worst though.

Mate, if you think you are being stalked you should see what I get on here. I was up early to put the bins out - back to bed very shortly.

Only a few games that have been enjoyable in the last 9 years by the sound of things; you can get less than that for murder these days.