BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston (home)

I’ve read some tripe in my time, but this.

I’ve never heard a single Rovers fan that said we had anything other than the old Pavilion terrace in 2001, though there were odd fans dotted about, my uncle was in the Tom Finney, for example.

As for the rest of it, just imagine being soooo bitter :D

673C0023-3ACD-4EF6-A92A-0B5CDAD5DC4E.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Can only remember us ever trying 3-at-the-back once, against Wigan in 18/19... we won 3-0.

Weren't there some absolute horror shows at the start of our league one campaign when we tried to play three at the back? 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Amo said:

Positional discipline at the back is crucial to play 3-5-2.

You think our bunch of plodders have it in 'em?

Walton

Lenihan   Tosin   Williams

Nyambe      Travis   Johnson      Downing

Armstrong    Graham    Rothwell

This isn't truly 3-5-2.

It's effectively 5-2-3.

Nyambe and Downing as wing-backs for me would be great. The insinuation that this above is 3 at the back is probably incorrect, because with that personnel, it's a 5-back formation.

On a side note of tickets. A quick glance at the seating map, with no on the day sales available, the Riverside is going to be VERY quiet at the weekend. BBE and Jack Walker doing okay, but from what I can see there's not going to be any kind of bumper crowd at all. You'd think they'd learn from the cheap festive tickets, that £10.00 a ticket gets a few thousand walk ons.

Why is anybody surprised? Category A just after Christmas. 

And although Preston fans whip themselves into a frenzy for this fixture home and away, it simply isn’t a game that ever gets Rovers fans attending Ewood in particularly larger numbers than for any other standard Championship game. The only game that does at this level is Burnley.

Edited by Mattyblue

24 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Rovers are now saying its pay on the day again, with no database purchase history.

Maybe the nobbers sales aren't going as well as they thought?

Nobbers aren't miles off a sell-out now aren't they? Probably a case of, they're not now expecting a bunch of PNE fans in the home end because they got the lower tier they wanted... maybe?

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Nobbers aren't miles off a sell-out now aren't they? Probably a case of, they're not now expecting a bunch of PNE fans in the home end because they got the lower tier they wanted... maybe?

..or hoping Nobbers fans DO sell out and DO  buy tickets for other parts of the ground ..

They change their minds on a weekly basis regarding the DE and the upper/lower thing.  Tried posturing like they do with home fans but it didn't work so they climbed down again.  Pathetic it really is.

Fact is since Waggot set foot in this place the crowds and in particular ST holders have gone backwards, we've wasted millions on signings and he's spent a fortune on the internal side.

If his antics with the running of the rest of the club are as incompetent as his handling of the DE, away fans and ticket prices we'll go nowhere fast.

Plonker.

Edited by tomphil

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

Can only remember us ever trying 3-at-the-back once, against Wigan in 18/19... we won 3-0.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We played it at Sheffield United and lost to the same score.

I think we did it a couple of other times in league 1 and struggled and also last year but had to change formation sharpish because we were struggling. 

We've also struggles with other formations that TM has experimented with on occasions too, especially early on in league 1. 

Not trying to slate your formation, it has a number of merits as well as drawbacks, but am uneasy given our past history of how we've struggled to adapt to new formations. 

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Rovers are now saying its pay on the day again, with no database purchase history.

Maybe the nobbers sales aren't going as well as they thought?

I'm sure their sales are going fine. Home fans on the other hand....

This is probably Waggot trying to cash in by letting them sit in the home end. Class A moron he is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Walton

Lenihan   Tosin   Williams

Nyambe      Travis   Johnson      Downing

Armstrong    Graham    Rothwell

This isn't truly 3-5-2.

It's effectively 5-2-3.

Nyambe and Downing as wing-backs for me would be great. The insinuation that this above is 3 at the back is probably incorrect, because with that personnel, it's a 5-back formation.

Nyambe cant cross though so not sure wing back suits him.

That formation doesnt suit us as we have no back up at CB plus Williams and Lenihan are really poor on the ball so its difficult to play out from the back.

Think we should stick to 4 at the back, either 4231 with Holtby off Graham or 433 with 3 from Travis, Evans, Johnson, Holtby and if we can sign a LB, Downing.

16 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

does anybody know if the Fernhurst is an away pub before the game on Saturday ? And if so whats the best pub for Home supporters, 

Thanks

Get on to Livesey Branch Road and there are plenty of decent pubs to go at.

Yes, the Fernhurst will be full of that lot.

Nyambe will play because Bennett still hasn't rained. My guess would be he doesn't play Holtby... doesn't seem to want to even when he is fit anyway. Graham should play, but he never seems to get a game against Preston.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ve read some tripe in my time, but this.

I’ve never heard a single Rovers fan that said we had anything other than the old Pavilion terrace in 2001, though there were odd fans dotted about, my uncle was in the Tom Finney, for example.

As for the rest of it, just imagine being soooo bitter :D

673C0023-3ACD-4EF6-A92A-0B5CDAD5DC4E.png

a30fbfd67e8fca1c8461c5c34655c305--new-teachers-student-teacher.jpg

9 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Nyambe will play because Bennett still hasn't rained. My guess would be he doesn't play Holtby... doesn't seem to want to even when he is fit anyway. Graham should play, but he never seems to get a game against Preston.

This is the team I expect Mowbray to pick

Walton Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Williams Evan's Travis Downing Rothwell Armstrong Graham 

Holtby wont start..not played for 3 weeks. 

Edited by chaddyrovers