BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston (home)

1 hour ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

on what basis? 3 points separate us in the league, they have only scored 2 more and conceded two less? 

There really is nothing between the two sides. 

I have not watched them since the game at Leeds where they should have been at least 3 up at half time.

The basis is the evidence of my own eyes. PNE's best has been far better than our best football and would slaughter the sort of Tony tombola line-up it looks like we will have no option but putting out tomorrow.

Yes their last few results have been terrible but we all know what that means when a team comes to charity help yourself Ewood...

55 minutes ago, philipl said:

I have not watched them since the game at Leeds where they should have been at least 3 up at half time.

The basis is the evidence of my own eyes. PNE's best has been far better than our best football and would slaughter the sort of Tony tombola line-up it looks like we will have no option but putting out tomorrow.

Yes their last few results have been terrible but we all know what that means when a team comes to charity help yourself Ewood...

Ok so you are basing this of 45 minutes of football? I'm sure there might be a 30 minute period of a game where we look like we should be top of the table. 

Again, that is not the case, what are we unbeaten in 8 at home? In fact I think Preston should be nervous coming here, terrible away record this season. We should be positive and with a mentality that we can win this game. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

Ok so you are basing this of 45 minutes of football? I'm sure there might be a 30 minute period of a game where we look like we should be top of the table. 

Again, that is not the case, what are we unbeaten in 8 at home? In fact I think Preston should be nervous coming here, terrible away record this season. We should be positive and with a mentality that we can win this game. 

The 3 points difference between us and Preston flatters us. Did you go to Huddersfield, Forest or Birmingham? The way we played in those three games this team is lucky to be where it is with Bradley Dack's goals, else it would be getting relegated.

I don’t even see PNE as a rival in truth. More of an irrelevance. I have some respect for them as their history goes back as far as us but that’s where it ends.

Us playing them so often now is just another symptom of having the owners that we do. I get excited for Burnley and Utd, other than that it’s just another fixture against another club. 

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

The 3 points difference between us and Preston flatters us. Did you go to Huddersfield, Forest or Birmingham? The way we played in those three games this team is lucky to be where it is with Bradley Dack's goals, else it would be getting relegated.

We lost all those games? 

The team post 26 games Imo is not a lucky team and ultimately deserve to be where they are. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I don’t even see PNE as a rival in truth. More of an irrelevance. 

What? You would if you lived where I live. They are THE rivals here.

I’m making another appearance tomorrow so our lads better be up for this one. Question is, do Mowbray and the players realise how important these games are to the fans? I doubt it very much. It’s the most important game of any season for us Leylanders and a lot rests on this result.

BTW, why are North Enders the only fans who only want to talk about attendances? Something wrong deep down with those guys. It’s an inferiority complex coupled with raging jealousy of how we’ve been better than them for something like 56 years out of the last 60.

plonkers.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

We lost all those games? 

The team post 26 games Imo is not a lucky team and ultimately deserve to be where they are. 

No my point is missed on you.

We have lost and been shit without Dack, we look a relegation side without him.

This current XI without him is LUCKY as feck to have had him for the first half of the season... they're only going to fall and fall from here.

59 minutes ago, Boz said:

I just hope our team show a bit more passion and desire for a derby match, it just feels in recent years this has been lacking, with our local rivals being far more 'up' for the game than us.

Mowbray wasn't arsed when we played the Dingles so I suspect it filters down through the players.

Not concerned. We'll give it a go. We know they have good players but lets see if we can ask some questions of them. If not, oh well, we'll take it on the chin and look forward to the next game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, den said:

BTW, why are North Enders the only fans who only want to talk about attendances? Something wrong deep down with those guys. It’s an inferiority complex coupled with raging jealousy of how we’ve been better than them for something like 56 years out of the last 60.

Otherwise known as 'extremely small cock syndrome'. Quite a few Dingles have it as well.

My first post will be a rant.

Football forums are a great way to watch middle aged men going through many midlife crisis's moan about there team and I understand that.

However less of the "we are so above Preston and they are so insignificant" bullshit. It's cringey as fuck, they are right now our biggest rivals in this league and I'm sure many of you are only saying how insignificant they are because they have been thrashing us as of recent years.

Less of the arragonce and more winning our derbys and being humble about it.

And let's not fucking kid ourselves it's the most interesting game of the season there is so much banter flying about I love it, provides mass amounts of entertainment as many people work together from both sides.

Don't get me wrong Preston have got a huge personality complex against us its clear to see so rise above it.

Prove you are the better team on that pitch then we can gloat away.

6 minutes ago, Dontfuckwithcats said:

Football forums are a great way to watch middle aged men going through many midlife crisis's moan about there team and I understand that.

However less of the "we are so above Preston and they are so insignificant" bullshit. It's cringey as fuck, they are right now our biggest rivals in this league and I'm sure many of you are only saying how insignificant they are because they have been thrashing us as of recent years.

And let's not fucking kid ourselves it's the most interesting game of the season there is so much banter flying about I love it, provides mass amounts of entertainment as many people work together from both sides.

Don't get me wrong Preston have got a huge personality complex against us its clear to see so rise above it.

'Their'

Defo Preston fan

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Dontfuckwithcats said:

Surely that should be say "prove we are a better team," unless you are a Preston fan trolling away who hasn't been able to cover his tracks very well.

It's a big game, just as Leeds is a big game. I'm looking forward to it.

It's nowhere near as big as the Burnley game though for many of us, and doesn't attract the thousands of casual Rovers fans that turn out for that game. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Just now, Hasta said:

Surely that should be say "prove we are a better team," unless you are a Preston fan trolling away.

It's a big game, just as Leeds is a big game. I'm looking forward to it.

It's nowhere near as big as the Burnley game though for many of us, and doesn't attract the thousands of casual Rovers fans that turn out for that game. 

It was more a direct message to the ones I'm pointing out. All my gloating will hopefully be done in the work place come Monday :D

12 minutes ago, Dontfuckwithcats said:

Spot the Nobber...

• Like 2

Twice every season we have the same tiresome discussions; crowds, away followings, is it/is it not an important game, this weird ‘plastics’ tag.

*yawn* (and yes I get sucked into it too).

Rather just not play them at all to get away from the nonsense (though I would miss the scoops round Preston).

Edited by Mattyblue

3 hours ago, den said:

plonkers.

Because they literally have nothing else to talk about. You'd have to be at state pension age to remember them even playing in the top league nevermind being any good. 

Dingles were the same until they got up to the Premier League and the myth is being busted.

Bit like Leeds who as soon as they became rubbish spent all their time talking about crowds.

Just now, Dontfuckwithcats said:

It's a conspiracy! Na mate chill out it's an honest observation of SOME here, rest of us dont take it too seriously we just enjoy the entertainment.

Of all the first posts to make (a day before we play the nobbers), you use it to have rant about people 'lording' it over lil ole Preston. Odd.

Poor attempt at trolling and I doubt we will see you around here too long after the result.