BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston (home)

20 hours ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

Ok so you are basing this of 45 minutes of football? I'm sure there might be a 30 minute period of a game where we look like we should be top of the table. 

Again, that is not the case, what are we unbeaten in 8 at home? In fact I think Preston should be nervous coming here, terrible away record this season. We should be positive and with a mentality that we can win this game. 

What is wrong with people's ability to read what I write, I said the most recent time I had watched them live was the Leeds game. 

I said that they were very unfortunate not to be 3 up at half time at Leeds.

Ok I am going to expand that 

1) I was really impressed with how PNE defended when Leeds came out at them in front of a capacity hostile Eland Road holiday crowd in the second half.

2) I watched all 90 minutes of two other PNE games which they won shortly before the Leeds game. I normally have a brief glance at other games to see how other Championship sides are going and in both cases, PNE were playing such entertaining football and stayed with the whole game just for the pleasure of watching them.

For what it's worth, the only other Championship sides that have had that affect on me are West Brom, Sheffield Wednesday and Brentford. I am pretty certain I caught Sheff Weds on their purple day but I suspect West Brom and Brentford regularly entertain. Brentford neither score that many or conceed any so to be entertaining as well is quite something.

I watch probably 75% of Rovers games. Only Bristol City away was as pleasurable. If I were viewing every game as a neutral I would have switched off after five or ten minutes.

Guys never mind the Results, turning watching Rovers into a chore is a serious problem on so many levels.

• Like 2

Another match day comes around and I haven't a clue what our team will be, what system we will play or what our tactics will be.

After coming from behind in November to beat us I expect Neil will play the same way as he did after half an hour when they bullied us out of the game. They will kill the game at every opportunity, harangue the referee and fourth official and delay every restart. We have to match that. We have to more aggressive, kick them, pull their shirts in the right areas and generally be more professional (and nasty). However I don't believe we can do and I foresee another frustrating afternoon of attrition and Mowbray extolling the benefit of gaining a point as a move in the right direction.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, philipl said:

What is wrong with people's ability to read what I write, I said the most recent time I had watched them live was the Leeds game. 

I said that they were very unfortunate not to be 3 up at half time at Leeds.

Ok I am going to expand that 

1) I was really impressed with how PNE defended when Leeds came out at them in front of a capacity hostile Eland Road holiday crowd in the second half.

2) I watched all 90 minutes of two other PNE games which they won shortly before the Leeds game. I normally have a brief glance at other games to see how other Championship sides are going and in both cases, PNE were playing such entertaining football and stayed with the whole game just for the pleasure of watching them.

For what it's worth, the only other Championship sides that have had that affect on me are West Brom, Sheffield Wednesday and Brentford. I am pretty certain I caught Sheff Weds on their purple day but I suspect West Brom and Brentford regularly entertain. Brentford neither score that many or conceed any so to be entertaining as well is quite something.

I watch probably 75% of Rovers games. Only Bristol City away was as pleasurable. If I were viewing every game as a neutral I would have switched off after five or ten minutes.

Guys never mind the Results, turning watching Rovers into a chore is a serious problem on so many levels.

Preston good to watch? Lay off the spice ?

• Like 1

Latest update on today's game. Waggott wants more walk ons. Please come after 12 because an extra £3 will be donated to the transfer kitty.

"Tickets will now also be available on the day and a database purchase history is no longer required."

Also, MGP will be in the Roverstore from 12:30. No ticket required.

51 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Latest update on today's game. Waggott wants more walk ons. Please come after 12 because an extra £3 will be donated to the transfer kitty.

"Tickets will now also be available on the day and a database purchase history is no longer required."

Bit late for that having spent 2 weeks advertising that tickets wouldn't be available on the day and that a purchasing history would be required.

Seems Waggott has misjudged it again and has had to back down in an attempt to get more through the turnstiles.

Who decided/agreed to such strict rules in the first place?

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

He just makes it up as he goes along....

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Better than watching our shapeless/slow  team

Get a grip they're dreadful to watch. They've scored like 2 goals more than us this season and 1 goal in the last 4 games, Preston the entertainers ladies and gentlemen. 

Like others have said I have no idea what to expect today because of the fickle form of both teams.

That said I rarely stick my neck out on a big scoreline but I think if the nobbers get an early goal it could be a long old afternoon for us today. 3-1 Preston.

Edited by oldjamfan1

17 minutes ago, den said:

No, but they are very well organised and hard to beat, more so than us - just to add ..... whenever I’ve watched them. So I agree with Philip on that one.

I didn't say anything about organisation or being hard to beat ffs (although form suggests otherwise), he called them out as being entertaining to watch, which even their own fans will admit they are not!

28 minutes ago, stinny1 said:

God help TM If Rovers don't  turn up  today it will go nasty  towards  him  Fans have had enough win or nothing no more bullshit and play Chapman and Armstrong  on wings for fooks shake

Chapman is a little too flighty for me

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

???

Open invite for PNE fans to go in the home ends!!!

Waggott evidently does not care about Rovers fans and only about money. ?

• Like 1