BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston (home)

TM usually wins these kinds of games (better opposition where little is expected). Gally out wide is an absolute waste. Whilst it is debatable as to his merits as a striker fans and critics alike think it's stupid playing him there and yet the only person in the world who thinks it is a good idea is the one who picks the team. 

Don't buy unlucky with injuries either. Of we had another centre back of decent quality Tosin could fill in there admirably. Or possibly if we had better midfielders Travis could drop back (though.ore reluctant on this as he is our best centre mid...) When you only have a few defenders on the books it is going to cost you. 

The point and drab draws in our non-winning  means we're not going to get sucked into a relegation battle. And Preston can't gloat about beating us twice which is a bonus. Crumbs of consolation but that is what we are reduced to. 

Needed a win today - PNE nothing special - especially with some tough (on paper) fixtures coming up.

No win in 6 now.  One of Mowbray's infamous long runs without a win beckoning!?  He has to go and go now.

Any news on Evans injury?

• Backroom

A frustrating affair, never looked in danger of losing but rarely looked like winning 

Neill came for a point and apart from about 3 in game minutes they would have been confident of getting it, not sure what Mowbray wanted 

Hard to get too enthused with our bunch, never really look that bothered about winning games, don’t think we had a second half shot for about 40 minutes!

Ref was a shocker but that’s nothing new 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Needed a win today - PNE nothing special - especially with some tough (on paper) fixtures coming up.

No win in 6 now.  One of Mowbray's infamous long runs without a win beckoning!?  He has to go and go now.

Any news on Evans injury?

Broken nose and cheekbone

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

The point and drab draws in our non-winning  means we're not going to get sucked into a relegation battle. And Preston can't gloat about beating us twice which is a bonus. Crumbs of consolation but that is what we are reduced to. 

I think the teams below us are bad enough that we won't have to worry about relegation this season, but 3 points out of 15 is equivilent to WLLLL so certainly relegation form even if we're unlikely to end up there. 

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

A frustrating affair, never looked in danger of losing but rarely looked like winning 

Neill came for a point and apart from about 3 in game minutes they would have been confident of getting it, not sure what Mowbray wanted 

Hard to get too enthused with our bunch, never really look that bothered about winning games, don’t think we had a second half shot for about 40 minutes!

Ref was a shocker but that’s nothing new 

They mirror their manager Tom, happy with the status quo, a point and mid table position is fine by them.

• Like 2

It’s just wank going to Ewood at the moment it really is. Boring as fuck football with players here there and everywhere bar where they should be and absolutely zero creativity.

Changed my mind after Bennett’s cameo appearance too. Previously said he doesn’t get in any squad in the division bar ours, I’d extend that to league one now too. 

On a positive, that’s the first time I’ve heard the crowd actually disagree/show frustration at mowbray. ‘Why the fucks he on the wing’ chant in the first half as Gallagher went missing there again. 

9 minutes ago, DE. said:

I think the teams below us are bad enough that we won't have to worry about relegation this season, but 3 points out of 15 is equivilent to WLLLL so certainly relegation form even if we're unlikely to end up there. 

Yes, I don't think we're going down this season as even WLLLL will comfortably keep us up this year. That said it's poor form and shows we're nowhere near playoff candidates under TM. 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion but thought Bell did well today, some really good covering at the back 

He had one of his better games. A bit more speed instead of getting ball lost between his feet and he could have caused problems.

• Backroom
Just now, Riverside under the drip said:

I sit in the Riverside close to the Blackburn End and didn't hear a peep of this supposed criticism. No chance Mowbray heard it.

I sit in the Jack Walker lower and heard it pretty clearly a couple of times, Mowbray may not hear much though as his default position is head in hands 

A performance full of spirit and effort but not enough quality. Players gave everything. 

Armstrong's goal was good and exactly why he need to play up front. Shame he missed the second chance. 

It was a game that I felt we would never lose imo. 

Ref was abysmal and don't know how he missed a clear pen on Gallagher. 

Felt sorry for Gallagher stuck out wide. Wasted. 

Mowbray had to change to system second half when Graham as we were losing the midfield battle to 4-3-3

If we didn't had used 2 subs for injuries then I feel Rothwell and Champan could have been game changers for use. 

I have no time for Ben Pearson who is nothing more than a cheat after his performance today

No ground loss on the playoffs, Still a chance of it

Edited by chaddyrovers