BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston (home)

People continue to berate the goalkeeper and full back situation yet neither did anything wrong today (again).

No doubt about it Walton had an absolute stinker at Forest but I'd honestly say prior to that he was improving. He's absolutely not the answer no, but scoring goals remains higher on my agenda.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

People continue to berate the goalkeeper and full back situation yet neither did anything wrong today (again).

No doubt about it Walton had an absolute stinker at Forest but I'd honestly say prior to that he was improving. He's absolutely not the answer no, but scoring goals remains higher on my agenda.

But then Preston put him under zero pressure today. But I agree striker is far more important.

Edited by joey_big_nose

9 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Lots of good points. However I was there with 2 neutrals today and they were bored beyond belief after 20 minutes. 

In those 20 minutes - we scored, then Evans had his cheekbone and nose broke ... and then they scored.

What more were they after?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

In those 20 minutes - we scored, then Evans had his cheekbone and nose broke ... and then they scored.

What more were they after?

Was supposed to say from 20 minutes onwards. My mistake.

If only Danny was 5 years younger, what a difference he makes.

Very average game, 6 foot 5 forward on the wing, 4 foot nine forward up the middle and we lump high balls up to the latter.

Nayambe was good and must have covered 5 miles in the first half, hope his injury isn't too bad.

Bell is Bell, Tosin  and Lenihan were decent. Keeper untested, Armstrong could've had a hat trick.

Downings corners are a centre forwards dream, we will miss them when he goes.

Gallagher 'put a shift in' but never really looked dangerous while Travis and Johnson were decent.

Decent following from the nob enders but as they sang, 'this is a library', it was very quiet on Ewood today.

Nice to see MGP today, like Tugay, I think he really loved our club.

Edited by Doug
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think we've got a decent team that could make playoffs with a few additions and a good manager. Certainly in terms of quality I've seen a lot worse since we went down from prem.

Armstrong, Dack, Travis, Johnson, Lenihan, Nyambe, Holtby all look good enough for playoffs imo. Just lacking at GK, full back and up front.

You do realise Dack probably won't be playing whilst next season ?

10 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Depends on a couple of shrewd signings and a couple of our top young players being given a chance. 

I'd say we'd need Nyambe back pretty soon though.

I know its not his fault but he is SO injury prone, we were getting a bit of joy on the right too before he came off.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

13,700 home fans is more than I thought at £28-£30 just after Christmas. Couple of thousand up on a standard game.

Still poor pal whichever way it's looked at. Only 2k more for a local game than what usually turn up. 

• Like 1

Scrappy game - made a lot scrappier by cheating Preston and an appalling ref - between two mid-table teams in no danger of going up or down. Bell and Downing were our best players I thought, and Nyambe making a mug of Gallagher was good to see, although we must accept that Nyambe is a crock.

Unlucky not to win it at the death.

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Still poor pal whichever way it's looked at. Only 2k more for a local game than what usually turn up. 

Always the case in this league. Even Burnley games don’t usually attract much more.

Edited by Mattyblue

Thought it was an atrocious game, consisting of 2 really poor teams. Rovers passing was diabolical. Gallagher on the wing? Fuck me, why, just why?

Nyambe was our best outlet, and thats really saying something. Did rovers play any football? I didnt see it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AAK said:

Thought it was an atrocious game, consisting of 2 really poor teams. Rovers passing was diabolical. Gallagher on the wing? Fuck me, why, just why?

Nyambe was our best outlet, and thats really saying something. Did rovers play any football? I didnt see it.

Totally agree worst game I've seen at Ewood for a while. 

18 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Scrappy game - made a lot scrappier by cheating Preston and an appalling ref - between two mid-table teams in no danger of going up or down. Bell and Downing were our best players I thought, and Nyambe making a mug of Gallagher was good to see, although we must accept that Nyambe is a crock.

Unlucky not to win it at the death.

That's it , Mowbray will be ticking the points off until we reach 55 ....We may struggle to reach that to be honest..

I've only just got home and not read anything on this forum yet.

But I just want to say to the sizeable number of Preston "fans" who were booing & jeering Evans as he was being carried off on a stretcher after being treated for nearly 10 mins flat on his back, that you are morons & an embarrassment to yourselves, your families, your club and your town, and you are not welcome at any other football match ever again.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

I've only just got home and not read anything on this forum yet.

But I just want to say to the sizeable number of Preston "fans" who were booing & jeering Evans as he was being carried off on a stretcher after being treated for nearly 10 mins flat on his back, that you are morons & an embarrassment to yourselves, your families, your club and your town, and you are not welcome at any other football match ever again.

Most i saw were clapping. Minority as usual.

Edited by AAK