BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston (home)

PNE, to my surprise, were almost as nasty as Wigan. Niggling little fouls that went unpunished, time wasting and general game disruption. That was in the first half. All that was needed was a yellow card or two from the ref and he would have nipped it  in the bud and stamped his authority on the game.

We knew what was coming in the second half as Rovers players became exasperated with his weak control and two of them got booked. A worse referee at Ewood I haven't seen for a long time. Why are there not more strong refs?

A draw was about the right result in the end.

• Like 2

Just now, bazza said:

We knew what was coming in the second half as Rovers players became exasperated with his weak control and two of them got booked. A worse referee at Ewood I haven't seen for a long time. Why are there not more strong refs?

A draw was about the right result in the end.

The sad/infuriating thing is that he and his superiors probably think he did a good job today. Got through a 'high profile' local derby fixture with no serious trouble or antagonism.

Local derby and the referee seems to think it is his responsibility to keep things calm and avoid red cards if at all possible. I'm certain that was the reason he made a point of not booking anyone in the first half. 

If you wanted a bloke to allow the game to slow down and take any bite out of it he did a good job of that and he's probably pleased with himself for it.

Preston were more than happy with that.

The way we play we need the game to keep flowing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AAK said:

Most i saw were clapping. Minority as usual.

I agree it was a minority, but a pretty vocal one. I acknowledge most were rightly respectful and every club has its morons, but to hear what I heard really stuck in my craw & I'm surprised no one else on here seems to have heard it.

2 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

I agree it was a minority, but a pretty vocal one. I acknowledge most were rightly respectful and every club has its morons, but to hear what I heard really stuck in my craw & I'm surprised no one else on here seems to have heard it.

We did on the Riverside. It was disgraceful.

• Like 1

On the game itself, we played better than I feared we might and should've won really, Rudd much the busier keeper. Good endeavour but lacking quality in the final third.

I agree with most that the Gallagher out wide experiment has run its course. Play him at CF or not at all.

I think that was our only weakness really. We had the upper hand in most areas, though Johnson was less effective than Evans has shown in recent weeks.

Defensively we were solid, not much could he done about their goal but they showed little else beyond that.

I'm not as dismissive as most on here re our playoff prospects, but we need a win in the next couple of games (more likely QPR than Sheff Wed, they were awful v Brentford). Problem is, injuries to key players really are starting to bite.

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

As I said in the build up, I’m numb to rovers at the moment, nothing excites me about the team currently, from manager, first team squad, potential January signings, style of play. It’s all so... meh. Run of the mill, going through the motions. Season died when dack got busted. Mowbray is nothing, not inspiring or tactically astute. I am just struggling to get into it at all. Sounds like today was a reflection of my feelings. Need a change, the fans need a change 

I doff my cap to thee sir...absolutely nailed it right there.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Any hopes of a win were over when Nyambe went off injured. What a first half he had.

Fair strike from Harrop to be honest

Nyambe had a great first half and he looked a great threat but to injury prone at the moment. Gallagher tries but looks out of sorts. Gonna be a long hard season without the creative Dack

As I said in the build up, I’m numb to rovers at the moment, nothing excites me about the team currently, from manager, first team squad, potential January signings, style of play. It’s all so... meh. Run of the mill, going through the motions. Season died when dack got busted. Mowbray is nothing, not inspiring or tactically astute. I am just struggling to get into it at all. Sounds like today was a reflection of my feelings. Need a change, the fans need a change 

My thoughts in a nutshell.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

My thoughts in a nutshell.

Me too. I couldn't really be bothered going down today which is a sad indictment considering it was a local derby but finally roused myself and got in about twelve minutes in at which point Evans was being taken off.

Sod's law it was one of the few times anything happened in the first half at Ewood this season and I missed our goal.

That'll teach me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The sad/infuriating thing is that he and his superiors probably think he did a good job today. Got through a 'high profile' local derby fixture with no serious trouble or antagonism.

Local derby and the referee seems to think it is his responsibility to keep things calm and avoid red cards if at all possible. I'm certain that was the reason he made a point of not booking anyone in the first half. 

If you wanted a bloke to allow the game to slow down and take any bite out of it he did a good job of that and he's probably pleased with himself for it.

Preston were more than happy with that.

The way we play we need the game to keep flowing. 

The real worry to me about this referee was that he was almost oblivious to Prestons underhanded tactics which are, without a shadow of a doubt deliberate. I lost count of the number of times they stood over the ball to prevent us taking a quick free kick, tapped the ball away or actually run away with it and delayed nearly every restart. Bradley Johnson was assaulted and not even a free kick but his worst decision was when Armstrong nipped the ball from one of their lumps and his touch was a little heavy but he was caught and the ball just went out. It was a clear foul by the Nobber but because Armstrong was honest he didn't get the deserved free kick. Had he gone down he would have. That told me that the referee just doesn't understand game and his type of officiating will only encourage players to go down.

Weak and inept doesn't do him justice.

• Like 5

To be honest  i think TM got off lightly  i remember  the fans turning on other Rovers managers  in the past and this was nothing like that . The fans are frustrated  with the way the team is playing  and personally i feel this season could and should have been alot better than its panning  out

• Like 1

18 people have liked, il be another to also say that this sums it all up perfectly for me too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The real worry to me about this referee was that he was almost oblivious to Prestons underhanded tactics which are, without a shadow of a doubt deliberate. I lost count of the number of times they stood over the ball to prevent us taking a quick free kick, tapped the ball away or actually run away with it and delayed nearly every restart. Bradley Johnson was assaulted and not even a free kick but his worst decision was when Armstrong nipped the ball from one of their lumps and his touch was a little heavy but he was caught and the ball just went out. It was a clear foul by the Nobber but because Armstrong was honest he didn't get the deserved free kick. Had he gone down he would have. That told me that the referee just doesn't understand game and his type of officiating will only encourage players to go down.

Weak and inept doesn't do him justice.

Absolutely correct. And not just this ref that doesn't understand the game. I would say 80% of them don't. I don't know what can be done to improve that situation.

2 points dropped for Rovers.  time to mix it up formation wise.  Play to our strengths, also need more bodies specifically in defense, and out wide.  If we can find a winger we can start to play our forwards as strikers.  Consolidation season now.  Dack aint going anywhere over the next 18 months, regroup, rebuild, and plan for 2020-2021.

3 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I don't see Armstrong's strengths as playing between the lines 

Armstrong has pace and is quick to get a shot away. I reckon he'd be alright playing up-front alongside a big, strong striker. In this division anyway.

• Like 2