BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston (home)

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

As I said in the build up, I’m numb to rovers at the moment, nothing excites me about the team currently, from manager, first team squad, potential January signings, style of play. It’s all so... meh. Run of the mill, going through the motions. Season died when dack got busted. Mowbray is nothing, not inspiring or tactically astute. I am just struggling to get into it at all. Sounds like today was a reflection of my feelings. Need a change, the fans need a change 

All stems from the owners lack of interest and understanding- No pressure on Mowbray from above, no pressure from Mowbray on the players. Truely going through the motions.

We want our Rovers back!

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, @roverseas said:

2 points dropped for Rovers.  time to mix it up formation wise.  Play to our strengths, also need more bodies specifically in defense, and out wide.  If we can find a winger we can start to play our forwards as strikers.  Consolidation season now.  Dack aint going anywhere over the next 18 months, regroup, rebuild, and plan for 2020-2021.

I'll re-summarise that comment...what a bloody waste of a season!

• Like 8

• Backroom
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

The real worry to me about this referee was that he was almost oblivious to Prestons underhanded tactics which are, without a shadow of a doubt deliberate. I lost count of the number of times they stood over the ball to prevent us taking a quick free kick, tapped the ball away or actually run away with it and delayed nearly every restart. Bradley Johnson was assaulted and not even a free kick but his worst decision was when Armstrong nipped the ball from one of their lumps and his touch was a little heavy but he was caught and the ball just went out. It was a clear foul by the Nobber but because Armstrong was honest he didn't get the deserved free kick. Had he gone down he would have. That told me that the referee just doesn't understand game and his type of officiating will only encourage players to go down.

Weak and inept doesn't do him justice.

My biggest annoyance today with him was when Pearson went down he sprinted over like he was going to save a toddler in peril but moments later their big lump up front clattered into one of ours who went down holding his head he let them play on until their attack broke down.

Not a clear foul but he should have been stopping the game there 

Poor game today again. Bitty, scrappy, qualitt and good chances few and far between. Nyambe although his final ball is poor absolutely terrorised Rafferty and if he is injured and Bennett covers him for a few weeks we are in trouble. Downing very assured on the ball as always, and Armstrong got a goal to boost his numbers and was our only threat albeit cant hold the ball up.

Holtby, Lenihan, Travis and Adarabioyo were all ok, Waltons biggest contribution was moving a board that had blown on the pitch, was a good hit for the goal but down the middle. Johnson I thought wasnt too bad either, nothing special.

2 weakest players predictably were Bell and Gallagher. Bell is a shocking footballer, dithering, brainless, reluctant, technically poor. Why would you play Gallagher wide when you have Chapman and Rothwell on the bench? Hes bad enough up front, we may aswell have had a man less.

• Like 1

I thought Holtby showed little signs here and there, I'd have left him on

Why does he always quick to shoehorn Benno in, even though I'm not keen at all on Williams,  I'd have brought Del on to make a 3 and then set a proper winger against their left back and had another body in the middle,  downing.

Edited by Sparks Rover

11 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I thought Holtby showed little signs here and there, I'd have left him on

Why does he always quick to shoehorn Benno in, even though I'm not keen at all on Williams,  I'd have brought Del on to make a 3 and then set a proper winger against their left back and had another body in the middle,  downing.

Why would want 3 centre backs against 1 striker? Wasted in my opinion. 

Plus William's struggles against Stockley last time aswell

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Totally understood the "why the fucks he on the wing" songs too, notable signs of frustration. (Followed by singing Gallaghers name so not in any way a dig at the player, even if he is crap full stop)

Hardly helping the player's confidence is it? 

Tho I.prefer a Rothwell wide there. Gallagher show effort and determination even tho he is playing out of position

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hardly helping the player's confidence is it? 

Tho I.prefer a Rothwell wide there. Gallagher show effort and determination even tho he is playing out of position

If they were hurling abuse at him maybe youd have a point. Singing a song specifically about a player being played out of position followed by the singing of his name in support made it quite clear that it was aimed at the managers poor tactics, not at how poor he is as a player.

• Like 5

Just now, roversfan99 said:

If they were hurling abuse at him maybe youd have a point. Singing a song specifically about a player being played out of position followed by the singing of his name in support made it quite clear that it was aimed at the managers poor tactics, not at how poor he is as a player.

It lasted a matter of seconds. Mowbray shouldn't be playing him there. He's need a goal. 

I feel for the player but Armstrong should play more up front for me. He's a goalscorer. Class player. 

10 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

As I said in the build up, I’m numb to rovers at the moment, nothing excites me about the team currently, from manager, first team squad, potential January signings, style of play. It’s all so... meh. Run of the mill, going through the motions. Season died when dack got busted. Mowbray is nothing, not inspiring or tactically astute. I am just struggling to get into it at all. Sounds like today was a reflection of my feelings. Need a change, the fans need a change 

I’ve been the same for a few years, but for me the most hurtful thing is that the club is on life support financially, paying 140% of turnover to wages for the pleasure too!! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Me too. I couldn't really be bothered going down today which is a sad indictment considering it was a local derby but finally roused myself and got in about twelve minutes in at which point Evans was being taken off.

Sod's law it was one of the few times anything happened in the first half at Ewood this season and I missed our goal.

That'll teach me.

I said to the wife on Friday that I'd go to the Preston game - simply because it was a derby- then pretty much sack off the rest of the season.  This is despite having a ST.  I think a lot of us just go because we always have, not for any enjoyment these days.  

When the wife asked why, the only answer I could really give was 'It's  just boring' - the club's ambition, the manager, the style/quality of football, the atmosphere.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I said to the wife on Friday that I'd go to the Preston game - simply because it was a derby- then pretty much sack off the rest of the season.  This is despite having a ST.  I think a lot of us just go because we always have, not for any enjoyment these days.  

When the wife asked why, the only answer I could really give was 'It's  just boring' - the club's ambition, the manager, the style/quality of football, the atmosphere.

I agree think a lot go just because we always have. Creatures of habit..

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Evidently a lot of people feel the same, hence the poor gates. Let's be honest it stems partly from being a mid table team. Even a relegation battle brings a bit more excitement to the table, although no I don't want to involved in another!

The only way its possibly going to change is A. new owners, which we know is incredibly unlikely or B. new manager, still seems unlikely to me, but the more likely of the 2.

It's like I said yesterday, theres missing thousands out there who if asked which team they support they'll say Rovers, but they aren't 'active'. Then you have the thousands who do attend through blind loyalty who will go season after season in the same seat.

I've missed a few home games this season myself but after catching the highlights after and speaking to people who did go, the answer is always that I didnt miss much.

Rovers sadly are sliding down peoples lists of priorities..... 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Evidently a lot of people feel the same, hence the poor gates. Let's be honest it stems partly from being a mid table team. Even a relegation battle brings a bit more excitement to the table, although no I don't want to involved in another!

The only way its possibly going to change is A. new owners, which we know is incredibly unlikely or B. new manager, still seems unlikely to me, but the more likely of the 2.

It's like I said yesterday, theres missing thousands out there who if asked which team they support they'll say Rovers, but they aren't 'active'. Then you have the thousands who do attend through blind loyalty who will go season after season in the same seat.

I've missed a few home games this season myself but after catching the highlights after and speaking to people who did go, the answer is always that I didnt miss much.

Rovers sadly are sliding down peoples lists of priorities..... 

It's premiership or bust for Rovers in terms of future sustainability. As it is, next season they'll be lucky to shift 7k ST.  There'll be minimal transfer money - if any. Gates will be sub 10k.

The longer we are away, the club will die a death by a thousand cuts. 

It's clear as day that we won't be top 6 with this squad/manager.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 3

Main observation from todays match: left bemused and frustrated by Gallaghers positional play. I.e Armstrong firing across the goal and Gallagher strolling forward and not anticipating a shot/attacking the far post to meet the ball. No predator instinct or making runs putting defenders under pressure. When Graham came on he immediately charged straight at defenders pushing forward into the box. Okay no contact but the intent to get on the end of a ball/or draw a foul was clear.

I'm bemused why something so clear in his positional play isn't corrected. Instead he seemed to be confused between swopping with Armstrong into a wide roll/rotating and caught between two positions. (Mowbray tactics??).

Or is this just me......

12 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

Main observation from todays match: left bemused and frustrated by Gallaghers positional play. I.e Armstrong firing across the goal and Gallagher strolling forward and not anticipating a shot/attacking the far post to meet the ball. No predator instinct or making runs putting defenders under pressure. When Graham came on he immediately charged straight at defenders pushing forward into the box. Okay no contact but the intent to get on the end of a ball/or draw a foul was clear.

I'm bemused why something so clear in his positional play isn't corrected. Instead he seemed to be confused between swopping with Armstrong into a wide roll/rotating and caught between two positions. (Mowbray tactics??).

Or is this just me......

It's most definitely Mowbray tactics, the trouble is literally nobody from the fans to the player can work out what he's actually trying to achieve from it. It's at the point now where it just looks like sheer stubbornness on Mowbrays part, he WANTS this super tactic to work so will persevere with it endlessly. 

25 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Angel Of The North

63F01127-7122-4E2F-8803-40BE64154D69.jpeg

Armstrong is clearly the best of our 'forwards'.  Still developing but he's quite stocky for his size, competitive, quick and scores from both in and out of the box.  Also able to run the channels. Should get well into double figures this year. Another year or 2 playing up front (not on the wing) should see him develop into an 'Assambalonga' style player/value.

Gallagher needs to reinvent himself. I'd be giving Samuel a start instead, surprised we haven't tbh.   Brereton needs to go on loan. 

11 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

Or is this just me......

It isn't just you my friend. There is a pretty sedate crowd where I sit and more and more are questioning Mowbrays tactics. I firmly believe Mowbray is stubborn and wants to prove himself right by doing it but he is costing us. After all he has been in the game forty years so he has to know best.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I thought the first half was quite entertaining from a neutral sort of perspective, the second half was absolutely atrocious although perhaps the appalling weather didn't help. Still 2 very poor sides out there though.

Gallagher today, good grief, it was embarrassing. I know he's out of position but he just doesn't show any willingness to get into danger areas when he gets the chance. He'll be lucky to score ten goals before he hangs up his boots.

No wins in six now and without Dack I cant really see where the next win is coming from. Very worrying.

Two things summed up the whole feel of the Mowbray regime to me, after Preston scored the ball was thrown back on the field and came to a stop on the edge of our penalty area. Our players should have been fighting amongst themselves to get the ball and sprint back to restart the game but the 10 outfield players were trudging back towards the centre circle with their backs to the ball. No one was remonstrating with or even talking to each other and no-one was bothered about restarting the game. At the other end, Walton was chunnering to himself a bit but again showed no interest in collecting the ball to restart the game.

The second thing was the so called half time warm up which consisted of Bennett, William's and Rothwell standing in a little triangle a yard apart and rolling the ball to each other whilst having a good natter whilst elsewhere Chapman and one of the other subs performed some half hearted keepie ups. These players have it so easy its untrue and if anyone else says this manager or these players genuinely want promotion I'll scream.

As Mercer says we need Mowbray gone yesterday if we're ever to progress but I suppose the apologists, Waggott and possibly the owners will look at the table, think we're only five points off the play offs and kid themselves we're actually in the mix.

Depressing days.

Only 3, only 4, only 5*...

It’s the Bowyer days all over again.

We've needed a change for so long people are now fed up of saying/hearing it. So we just carry on.

What is going to swing things to force a change? It’s not palatable and it’s not the done thing and some won’t like it but it almost certainly will take the fans to turn on Mowbray and make him walk.

Instead, all that happens is what has happened: we win a few games and “we are right back in it” and fans are back gloating “where are all the haters now” - and round and round we go. We need a manager who can turn games like yesterday from a draw to a win and we know that isn’t in Mowbray’s armoury - his teams have no mental strength let alone ability/appetite to win a tight Championship game. Yes he wants it but he can’t deliver and is more than happy instead to protect a point. Preston were not a great side yesterday but we just didn’t have enough to get past them.

So it’s down to the fans. But who is going to be the first to do so without being put off by being shouted down, swore at or worse? Some folk on our terraces even defended Kean at the time and our fans will be divided once more. Of course, the alternative is just to shrug and watch games in muted silence and walk home afterwards but is that what anyone wants for a pastime long-term? Because the long-term is exactly what Mowbray has been given.

*May even be 7 points after today.

• Like 4