BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston (home)

15 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

The season was over before it began with us weakening an already poor defence in the summer window. No experienced CB, no goal scorer, no experienced GK.

Like you say, a total waste because playoffs were there for the taking, standard is shocking this season.

Fake news. Tosin and Cunningham were massive upgrades.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, white boy said:

As a Preston North End season ticket i thought the game was dull in large parts, the conditions may have been a good reason to do with that as it wasn't that long ago that these two played out a very entertaining game at Deepdale.

I thought the Blackburn lads played there hearts out and scrapped for everything and should more than likely have won.

Preston have been off form for a couple of months now and we have been hard to watch since Daniel Johnson got injured, i would suggest perhaps that both clubs suffer when our  more creative players get injured as nowadays there are not a lot around.  I think your right wanting more for your 12 million spend but at least your lot spent it!

Both teams lacked quality but the plus point was seeing Darwen End almost full. Took a walk round ground before going in and heard a pne fan say "....now this is a proper ground....".

Gallagher, Armstrong & Bennett always give that extra as they obey orders often playing out of position. Thought Evans & Nyambe injuries hindered our chances but show acting by Pearson does not belong in football with poor Championship referees who fail to do their job.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

why would he come after turning more lucrative offers for Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke(twice) managers jobs during this season?

We don't pay massive wages for managers or players any more 

Stoke were rooted to the bottom of the division and Sheffield Wednesday are (one day) going to be nailed for Ffp breaches. Perhaps that was why he avoided them. Apparently we have done things properly since 2017, have assembled a squad on an affordable budget and have ensured FFP compliance. 

Anyway, another 4-5 months have since passed and Hughton hasn't got a job. As above if he wants to return to management he's going to need to join someone soon.

32 minutes ago, white boy said:

is he really that bad?

I know he sounds dour on the radio but i think you have to remember there ain't a lot in this league and a lot of teams do cancel each other out... My boys certainly didn't go at you and it was clear Alex came for a draw therefore making it harder for your team to find space.

He has wasted £12 million on two strikers. One doesn't look a footballer. The other isnt great but keeps getting played out wide. Our best striker, who was voted player of the season above Dack last year, cannot get much game time because he doesn't fit into any formation in which Gallagher and Brereton start in. And having spent that much money on them at least one of them has to play. Therefore we have blown £12milln and actually weakened our starting line up.

Add into that we have never strengthened a suspect defence in 3 years, Bennett is poor but plays out of position because 'he is a leader and needs to be on the pitch somewhere', creative players are often benched as we worry about the opposition more than let them worry about us, we sold our keeper and got a worse replacement in on loan and we make around 4 changes per game.

Mowbray is a popular figure amongst the fans as a person and he was the right man at the right time. He is just making too many mistakes and doesn't show any signs of wising up or changing.

There's going to come a point where Hughton has to lower expectations if he wants another managerial job in this country. Realistically who in the prem would offer him a deal?

A return to Norwich if Farke was to leave?

Can't see Villa potting Smith likewise Bournemouth with Howe.

The other teams round there have relatively new managers or ones whom are safe.

Have.to say, Gallagher on the wing is insanity.  We are bombing forward and our tallest forward is making a run wide toward the wing, no one in the area, crazy.  On more than one occasion I thought Gallagher actually got under Nyambes feet, actually stopping Ryan's progress.  This madness has to stop but it won't.  Mowbary needs to go but he won't.

I thought the ref was disgraceful, he should have jacked Nob End up for their spoiling tactics.  Should have stopped the game when one of ours went down with a head injury. Useless just useless.

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Your peddling the same pointless comment over and over again Mr Potatoes that we can't get anyone better than the great Tony Mowbray.

That is pure conjecture on your behalf and you have no proof whatsoever that that will be the outcome.

Rinse and repeat as we slowly slip down the table.

Hire enough managers  eventually one will achieve  something!

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Stoke were rooted to the bottom of the division and Sheffield Wednesday are (one day) going to be nailed for Ffp breaches. Perhaps that was why he avoided them. Apparently we have done things properly since 2017, have assembled a squad on an affordable budget and have ensured FFP compliance. 

Anyway, another 4-5 months have since passed and Hughton hasn't got a job. As above if he wants to return to management he's going to need to join someone soon.

Does Hughton want to return to management or being 60 years old is he happy now retire? 

Can we afford the wages of him considering what we pay our manager and are we likely to offer more which going off our record under Venkys we wont. 

18 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

It never happens chaddy, stop defending the indefensible.   We should have bossed wigan at home, dominated and gone into the play offs, that's what a promotion chasing team does. I'd say we are not chasing promotion, players or manager......happy to take our money and plod on taking their over inflated salaries.   

As long as your happy with that pal 

Well Sparks it doesn't happen in football. You don't bossed any game for 90 mins. 

Wigan made it a scraping game and we couldn't deal with that. 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Does Hughton want to return to management or being 60 years old is he happy now retire? 

Can we afford the wages of him considering what we pay our manager and are we likely to offer more which going off our record under Venkys we wont. 

Well Sparks it doesn't happen in football. You don't bossed any game for 90 mins. 

Wigan made it a scraping game and we couldn't deal with that. 

We can afford it if spending £12 million on Brereton and Gallagher and losing £18 million a year, if it gives us a better chance of promotion.

We can't afford not to. We need to get up asap not drift around aiming for top 10, development or gambling on inexperienced coaches.

29 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Fake news. Tosin and Cunningham were massive upgrades.

Except Tosin leaves in summer, Cunningham's gone and Walton's crap - a loan downgrade on a keeper we sold for £3mil and blew the money on a non scoring striker/winger.

We still need a permanent keeper, a dominant cb, a left back and a non-Bennett Right back cover.

That's before we start on a lack of wingers/width in the team and non scoring strikers....

Oh and we're back to having no money again.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Both teams lacked quality but the plus point was seeing Darwen End almost full. Took a walk round ground before going in and heard a pne fan say "....now this is a proper ground....".

Gallagher, Armstrong & Bennett always give that extra as they obey orders often playing out of position. Thought Evans & Nyambe injuries hindered our chances but show acting by Pearson does not belong in football with poor Championship referees who fail to do their job.

Blackburn is a proper football ground,  Love its situation love the atmosphere around the ground with the close proximity to the shops , houses, back alleys, decent amount of pubs close enough to walk.

Dont go for all this hatred, as with all the Lancashire clubs including Blackpool i wanted them to do well in the prem, was telling my grand son who Jack Walker was yesterday and what he did for his club......... 

Great story great man...

hope to see you at Wembley for the play off final... what a day that could be!

• Like 6

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

60 isn't that old for a manager so I'd be surprised if he's seriously thinking about retirement at this point. He's obviously looking for the 'right' job which would probably rule us out - but you don't know unless you try. In the event Mowbray did leave and Hughton was still available I'd at the very least want the club to put out feelers - even if he ultimately wasn't interested or too expensive for us. 

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Except Tosin leaves in summer, Cunningham's gone and Walton's crap - a loan downgrade on a keeper we sold for £3mil and blew the money on a non scoring striker/winger.

We still need a permanent keeper, a dominant cb, a left back and a non-Bennett Right back cover.

That's before we start on a lack of wingers/width in the team and non scoring strikers....

Oh and we're back to having no money again.

I imagine we have some money to spend but some good free transfers players out there and we are looking at the foreign market more

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We can afford it if spending £12 million on Brereton and Gallagher and losing £18 million a year, if it gives us a better chance of promotion.

We can't afford not to. We need to get up asap not drift around aiming for top 10, development or gambling on inexperienced coaches.

look at Venkys record on managers and their wages? its about 600 to 750k a season we tend to spend on our manager. 

I depends who you fancy to take over. You would like McCarthy to take over I gather. I wouldn't be each to their own choices. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

You are never going to get that information. So do you oppose any change until the club provides you with a portfolio of accounts and a shortlist of targets who have indicated that they would take the job before supporting a change?

I realise I wouldn't have the information. I'm forming my opinion on the basis of what I surmise the position to be and how the owners have behaved in the past.

33 minutes ago, Hasta said:

He has wasted £12 million on two strikers. One doesn't look a footballer. The other isnt great but keeps getting played out wide. Our best striker, who was voted player of the season above Dack last year, cannot get much game time because he doesn't fit into any formation in which Gallagher and Brereton start in. And having spent that much money on them at least one of them has to play. Therefore we have blown £12milln and actually weakened our starting line up.

Add into that we have never strengthened a suspect defence in 3 years, Bennett is poor but plays out of position because 'he is a leader and needs to be on the pitch somewhere', creative players are often benched as we worry about the opposition more than let them worry about us, we sold our keeper and got a worse replacement in on loan and we make around 4 changes per game.

Mowbray is a popular figure amongst the fans as a person and he was the right man at the right time. He is just making too many mistakes and doesn't show any signs of wising up or changing.

Always seems a shame when people are trying to do good but do not manage  it , a lot of money agreed but lets hope they come good as there both English i think and we could do with more English talent coming thru.  I think you've done alright since you come back up, obviously being a club that been in the prem you have higher expectations THAN US BOY!!

I think we as a club over achieved in the first part of the season mainly due to the fact that we got a lot of penalties, not that they weren't penalties but that we seemed to get a lot of pens were people hand balled it for no reason or tripped our players as they were going away from the goal etc....

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I imagine we have some money to spend but some good free transfers players out there and we are looking at the foreign market more

look at Venkys record on managers and their wages? its about 600 to 750k a season we tend to spend on our manager. 

I depends who you fancy to take over. You would like McCarthy to take over I gather. I wouldn't be each to their own choices. 

Well then the message needs to get across that if they want to go cheap on managers then they are unlikely to ever get promotion. It is the most important position at the club.

McCarthy is one option. I think he is realistic and could do a good job even if funds are limited. 

• Backroom
Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

I realise I wouldn't have the information. I'm forming my opinion on the basis of what I surmise the position to be and how the owners have behaved in the past.

You could argue 3/4 of our last managers have been decent choices. Bowyer underachieved somewhat but had us finishing higher than anybody else. Lambert was only here a few months but a choice almost everyone was happy with. Coyle obviously a total disaster that pretty much doomed us to relegation, but Warnock was in the pipeline so we were looking in the right direction even if certain influences ended up ruining that. Mowbray couldn't keep us up but did get us promoted again and relatively stable in the division. Bowyer had very little money to spend, Lambert was brought in when we were under embargo and Mowbray hasn't had much to spend until recently either. So I don't think it's cut and dry to assume it's highly likely the next appointment will be any worse than Mowbray. Obviously there's the risk it could be another Coyle but most clubs hire a total dud at some point so we shouldn't necessarily live in fear of that mistake.

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Well then the message needs to get across that if they want to go cheap on managers then they are unlikely to ever get promotion. It is the most important position at the club.

McCarthy is one option. I think he is realistic and could do a good job even if funds are limited. 

Weren't the Ipswich fans dancing in the streets when McCarthy got fired ?