BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston (home)

9 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Have to agree. I see the idea with Gallagher on the wing. Have a guaranteed out ball, push the other side back line deep, someone who comes in central for crosses from the left and scores at the back post. But we've done it for six months and it absolutelu, resolutely hasn't worked.

Why do we persist?

Yes, but this is totally at odds with this passing out from the back style he reckons he's implemented.

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Have to agree. I see the idea with Gallagher on the wing. Have a guaranteed out ball, push the other side back line deep, someone who comes in central for crosses from the left and scores at the back post. But we've done it for six months and it absolutelu, resolutely hasn't worked.

Why do we persist?

Because Mowbray is not a good manager. Backed himself into a corner by spending so much money on him and has to bury his head and carry on, praying that it will just magically come good.

It won't.

4 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Need some positivity on this board. Reading all this negativity is enough to make you curl up in a dark room.

Well. We dominated most of the play after they scored. Bit of a positive. We didn't carve tons of chances out of it though. Enough that we could be in the lead now though.

Preston are giving the ball away with alarming regularity. I suppose we should take some credit for closing them down to help that along.

CAN'T BELIEVE no Nob End player in the book.  REF playing right into their hands with the spoiling tactics.  Rovers definitely best side BUT I can still see us losing this one.  I just can not see why Mobary persists with Gally out side, he's getting under Nyambe's feet half the time.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 3

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Like most of our games we look the better side across the team. Nyambe, Lenihan, Armstrong have all been very good. Only real issue is Gallagher on the right being so utterly pointless.

Graham on for Gally, bring him central, play Holtby or Armstrong right.

Holtby has played pretty well, I wouldn’t move him. 

Gallagher is a waste of a place, may as well have ten men. Can’t hold it up, doesn’t win headers, can‘t pass. Useless. 

We miss Dack, we are a well below average team without him. To think we were going to actually sell him is madness. Especially since if our dimwit manager was allowed to spend the funds created(probably wouldn’t anyway).