BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Dunn joins (Blackpool) (Barrow) Fleetwood

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, philipl said:

Morecambe Bay derby this evening. 

Occasions like this really must hurt the fans not being able to be there for their first ever meeting as league sides.

Fair point. I must say that watching Rovers beat Preston in front of an empty stadium watching on a laptop screen, I was made up and very happy of course but at the same time I was a bit gutted not to be there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised Barrow can afford to fire him. I keep hearing about how due to closed grounds and the pandemic that paying off a manager isn't possible.

In all seriousness I expect that will be the end of his managerial career. Distinctly poor record at both Oldham and Barrow. To be honest I was very surprised they gave him the job in the first place. They're still outside the drop zone so must not have much confidence in him turning it around.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Surprised Barrow can afford to fire him. I keep hearing about how due to closed grounds and the pandemic that paying off a manager isn't possible.

In all seriousness I expect that will be the end of his managerial career. Distinctly poor record at both Oldham and Barrow. To be honest I was very surprised they gave him the job in the first place. They're still outside the drop zone so must not have much confidence in him turning it around.

David Hopkins the manager at Morton has just resigned to help the club financially and safeguard the playing squad for the club . Clubs are brassic ..

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
26 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

This Manager lark is not for you dear Dunny...better off propping up the watering holes of snuffy 'Arrod!

He seems to have moved on from those boozers now, I’ve seen him boozing in Whalley and Clitheroe a few times though...

I've got to know a bit about Barrow through a pal of mine, who's son plays for them. Some of which surprises me.

To say they're skint, they hire a training ground in Middleton, Manchester because all their players are based round Lancs, Manchester or Cheshire. They stay in plush hotels, the night before every match home or away, travel either first class train or fly to away games etc..

Paying Dunny off won't be a problem, even little Barrow and those associated with it, live in a completely different world to the one we all live in.

6 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I've got to know a bit about Barrow through a pal of mine, who's son plays for them. Some of which surprises me.

To say they're skint, they hire a training ground in Middleton, Manchester because all their players are based round Lancs, Manchester or Cheshire. They stay in plush hotels, the night before every match home or away, travel either first class train or fly to away games etc..

Paying Dunny off won't be a problem, even little Barrow and those associated with it, live in a completely different world to the one we all live in.

So they're flying or first class training it to games and rovers are bussing it? I find that hard to believe