BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Too many changes

What are you thoughts on the number of changes from game to game. Rotation as Tony calls it. 28 changes in last 5 games...I notice Liverpool played last night with one change. I feel the constant swopping and changing has cost us points. 

I think this is two things - firstly, I’d say sometimes the “re set” for different teams works (Swansea - Bristol) and then other times we under perform (Bristol - Wigan).

The last 4 games though, insanely hampered by injuries and having no time on the training pitch to recover or replace our key player who our play is built around.

So I agree somewhat, however I don’t subscribe to the mentality that football in 2020 is about having a best 11, in some cases now it appears to be more about who has the best 22!

Edited by Harry The Bass
  • Like 1

Well its no coincidence our recent good spell was with a settled team being selected. 

Some changes have obviously been enforced through injuries however yes he's taken it to extremes.

The players are either terribly unfit or he is being too mard with them, theres also the issue of him trying to work out a system that works whilst Dack is out.

I'm hoping now that fixture pile up is out the way we're going to see less changes per match, no guarantee though!

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Harry The Bass said:

I think this is two things - firstly, I’d say sometimes the “re set” for different teams works (Swansea - Bristol) and then other times we under perform (Bristol - Wigan).

The last 4 games though, insanely hampered by injuries and having no time on the training pitch to recover or replace our key player who our play is built around.

So I agree somewhat, however I don’t subscribe to the mentality that football in 2020 is about having a best 11, in some cases now it appears to be more about who has the best 22!

6 changes a match though?!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

6 changes a match though?!

I see definite reasons for so many changes at times, particularly over Christmas period and with injuries. It’s up to you if you choose not to.

I saw Leicester play West Ham on 9 changes other day and they played immensely. 

• Moderation Lead
33 minutes ago, Harry The Bass said:

I see definite reasons for so many changes at times, particularly over Christmas period and with injuries. It’s up to you if you choose not to.

I saw Leicester play West Ham on 9 changes other day and they played immensely. 

Even in 2020, I can’t see any justification for that many changes in a game.

Leicester are mint, they have a very good squad with lots of depth and West Ham are rubbish though. Hence them being second in the league above us....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Even in 2020, I can’t see any justification for that many changes in a game.

Leicester are mint, they have a very good squad with lots of depth and West Ham are rubbish though. Hence them being second in the league above us....

9 changes for one team is fine because they’re “mint” and they have good depth..

6 changes for us isn’t, on the back of a similar amount of games in days, including injuries.

I just think that’s ignoring facts like losing a key player. Each to their own.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Harry The Bass said:

9 changes for one team is fine because they’re “mint” and they have good depth..

6 changes for us isn’t, on the back of a similar amount of games in days, including injuries.

Because we don’t have as good of a squad as they do. We have lost one key player. 
Still suggests to me that Mowbray doesn’t know his best team....

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Because we don’t have as good of a squad as they do. We have lost one key player. 
Still suggests to me that Mowbray doesn’t know his best team....

I’m quite sure he knew Dack was the best player as the team was built around him, and you’ll never convince me to completely ignore the impact of losing him on results as “Tony’s meddling”.

39 minutes ago, Harry The Bass said:

I think the difference is that it seemed to work for Leicester. I dont think it has worked for us. Just my opinion. Call me old fashioned, but you cant beat a settled team. 

Edited by Doogs

40 minutes ago, Doogs said:

I think the difference is that it seemed to work for Leicester. I dont think it has worked for us. Just my opinion. Call me old fashioned, but you cant beat a settled team. 

I agree and call me “in Tony’s pocket” but I can’t help feeling some sympathy for losing Dack, Evans, Nyambe, Tosin, Holtby et al after such a decent spell in November and early December.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry The Bass said:

I’m quite sure he knew Dack was the best player as the team was built around him, and you’ll never convince me to completely ignore the impact of losing him on results as “Tony’s meddling”.

Although it's obviously a massive loss. It's worth remembering that in the clamour to give Tony T an excuse for being crap for the rest of the season, Dack played every game of our previous winless streak (6 games).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Doogs said:

What are you thoughts on the number of changes from game to game. Rotation as Tony calls it. 28 changes in last 5 games...I notice Liverpool played last night with one change. I feel the constant swopping and changing has cost us points. 

There's only one change we need imo. The rest will follow.

Sorry Husky, I dived in without seeing your post!

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1