Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Doogs

Too many changes

Recommended Posts

What are you thoughts on the number of changes from game to game. Rotation as Tony calls it. 28 changes in last 5 games...I notice Liverpool played last night with one change. I feel the constant swopping and changing has cost us points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is two things - firstly, I’d say sometimes the “re set” for different teams works (Swansea - Bristol) and then other times we under perform (Bristol - Wigan).

The last 4 games though, insanely hampered by injuries and having no time on the training pitch to recover or replace our key player who our play is built around.

So I agree somewhat, however I don’t subscribe to the mentality that football in 2020 is about having a best 11, in some cases now it appears to be more about who has the best 22!

Edited by Harry The Bass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well its no coincidence our recent good spell was with a settled team being selected. 

Some changes have obviously been enforced through injuries however yes he's taken it to extremes.

The players are either terribly unfit or he is being too mard with them, theres also the issue of him trying to work out a system that works whilst Dack is out.

I'm hoping now that fixture pile up is out the way we're going to see less changes per match, no guarantee though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harry The Bass said:

I think this is two things - firstly, I’d say sometimes the “re set” for different teams works (Swansea - Bristol) and then other times we under perform (Bristol - Wigan).

The last 4 games though, insanely hampered by injuries and having no time on the training pitch to recover or replace our key player who our play is built around.

So I agree somewhat, however I don’t subscribe to the mentality that football in 2020 is about having a best 11, in some cases now it appears to be more about who has the best 22!

6 changes a match though?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

6 changes a match though?!

I see definite reasons for so many changes at times, particularly over Christmas period and with injuries. It’s up to you if you choose not to.

I saw Leicester play West Ham on 9 changes other day and they played immensely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Harry The Bass said:

I see definite reasons for so many changes at times, particularly over Christmas period and with injuries. It’s up to you if you choose not to.

I saw Leicester play West Ham on 9 changes other day and they played immensely. 

Even in 2020, I can’t see any justification for that many changes in a game.

Leicester are mint, they have a very good squad with lots of depth and West Ham are rubbish though. Hence them being second in the league above us....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Even in 2020, I can’t see any justification for that many changes in a game.

Leicester are mint, they have a very good squad with lots of depth and West Ham are rubbish though. Hence them being second in the league above us....

 

9 changes for one team is fine because they’re “mint” and they have good depth..

6 changes for us isn’t, on the back of a similar amount of games in days, including injuries.

I just think that’s ignoring facts like losing a key player. Each to their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harry The Bass said:

9 changes for one team is fine because they’re “mint” and they have good depth..

6 changes for us isn’t, on the back of a similar amount of games in days, including injuries.

I just think that’s ignoring facts like losing a key player. Each to their own.

Because we don’t have as good of a squad as they do. We have lost one key player. 
Still suggests to me that Mowbray doesn’t know his best team....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Because we don’t have as good of a squad as they do. We have lost one key player. 
Still suggests to me that Mowbray doesn’t know his best team....

I’m quite sure he knew Dack was the best player as the team was built around him, and you’ll never convince me to completely ignore the impact of losing him on results as “Tony’s meddling”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Harry The Bass said:

9 changes for one team is fine because they’re “mint” and they have good depth..

6 changes for us isn’t, on the back of a similar amount of games in days, including injuries.

I just think that’s ignoring facts like losing a key player. Each to their own.

I think the difference is that it seemed to work for Leicester. I dont think it has worked for us. Just my opinion. Call me old fashioned, but you cant beat a settled team. 

Edited by Doogs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Doogs said:

I think the difference is that it seemed to work for Leicester. I dont think it has worked for us. Just my opinion. Call me old fashioned, but you cant beat a settled team. 

I agree and call me “in Tony’s pocket” but I can’t help feeling some sympathy for losing Dack, Evans, Nyambe, Tosin, Holtby et al after such a decent spell in November and early December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harry The Bass said:

I’m quite sure he knew Dack was the best player as the team was built around him, and you’ll never convince me to completely ignore the impact of losing him on results as “Tony’s meddling”.

Although it's obviously a massive loss. It's worth remembering that in the clamour to give Tony T an excuse for being crap for the rest of the season, Dack played every game of our previous winless streak (6 games).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Doogs said:

What are you thoughts on the number of changes from game to game. Rotation as Tony calls it. 28 changes in last 5 games...I notice Liverpool played last night with one change. I feel the constant swopping and changing has cost us points. 

There's only one change we need imo. The rest will follow.

Sorry Husky, I dived in without seeing your post!

Edited by 47er

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.