BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sam Gallagher Stat

Sam Gallagher cant complained about the amount of chances he had today. He needs to work on his anticipation and finishing. As I was discussing today with a fellow Rovers game that his game hasn't improve since last time he was here. Still time for him to develop. Nowhere should we have paid 12 million on Gallagher and Brereton.  

Edited by chaddyrovers

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sam Gallagher cant complained about the amount of chances he had today. He needs to work on his anticipation and finishing. As I was discussing today with a fellow Rovers game that his game hasn't improve since last time he was here. Still time for him to develop. Nowhere should we have paid 12 million on Gallagher and Brereton.  

Agreed. He was dreadful yet again. Glad to see you acknowledge a point you have previously disagreed with regarding anticipation. That being said, he actually did have 4 or 5 very good chances today and didnt take them. Useless.

He is absolute shit, is he even better than Varney? I cant see him developing to anywhere close to a competent level and he shouldnt be anywhere near the team. Badly need a new striker.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Agreed. He was dreadful yet again. Glad to see you acknowledge a point you have previously disagreed with regarding anticipation. That being said, he actually did have 4 or 5 very good chances today and didnt take them. Useless.

He is absolute shit, is he even better than Varney? I cant see him developing to anywhere close to a competent level and he shouldnt be anywhere near the team. Badly need a new striker.

I wouldn't say he was dreadful today or did I say this. He missed some very good chances especially the volley chance or the chip over the keeper. But he is getting into these positions but like I posted below his game development has stagnated for the past 2 years and it hasn't moved on from his loan spell here before. So he is in terms 2 or 3 years behind where he should be in terms of development and as player/striker. You seen this with Jack Clarke at Leeds on loan from Spurs or Roberts at Norwich from City where they haven't played, so they aren't developing their game enough. 

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

Gallagher is 24 so should really be starting to show what he can do. Instead he looks a million miles away from the finished article. Very poor business I'm afraid. 

Gallagher problem for me, is the football he has played between his first spell here and now. The Birmingham spell did nothing for his game, development as player or confidence. Then spending his time at Southampton barely playing last year did nothing for him. That's why players have to be so very careful where they play their football and why they pick that club to join on loan or permanently. 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gallagher problem for me, is the football he has played between his first spell here and now. The Birmingham spell did nothing for his game, development as player or confidence. Then spending his time at Southampton barely playing last year did nothing for him. That's why players have to be so very careful where they play their football and why they pick that club to join on loan or permanently. 

He definitely seems to have regressed. A season in the stiffs last year won't have done him any favours for sure. I think that was probably more damaging than his Birmingham spell. The brutal truth is that the only time in his career Gallagher has scored a decent amount of goals was when he played under Owen Coyle's kamikaze tactics. As soon as Mowbray came in during 2017 Gallagher's goals dried up and he's gone downhill since then. Armstrong is a better player and had a better record when we signed him, so I'm not sure how Gallagher cost nearly three times as much.

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

He definitely seems to have regressed. A season in the stiffs last year won't have done him any favours for sure. I think that was probably more damaging than his Birmingham spell. The brutal truth is that the only time in his career Gallagher has scored a decent amount of goals was when he played under Owen Coyle's kamikaze tactics. As soon as Mowbray came in during 2017 Gallagher's goals dried up and he's gone downhill since then. Armstrong is a better player and had a better record when we signed him, so I'm not sure how Gallagher cost nearly three times as much.

I've always said that spell at Birmingham under Redknapp, Cotterill and Monk did zero for him as player and the type of football they were playing under those managers wasn't good enough. Like I said before Young players need to be really careful where they go on loan and the manager they are going to playing for.  

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've always said that spell at Birmingham under Redknapp, Cotterill and Monk did zero for him as player and the type of football they were playing under those managers wasn't good enough. Like I said before Young players need to be really careful where they go on loan and the manager they are going to playing for.  

You could argue moving here hasn't done him any favours either tbh. He didn't do particularly well during the time Mowbray was here in 2017 and is really struggling again now. 

12 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yes he shouldn’t be shunted out wide now and again - I’m confident TM is the only man in world football who things a gangly 6’4 lad would make a good winger. However, whenever he’s played up top he’s been just nearly as useless. Doesn’t score, can’t attack a ball, doesn’t peel off defenders shoulders, not that great at holding it up.

Another £5 million down the swanny.

A lot of us knew it was a poor signing at the time - he failed to impress during his first stint here.

Graham is head and shoulders above any other striker we've got on the books - even at the tail end of his career. The difference he makes when he comes on is night and day. 

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Man completely on his own six yards out from an open goal with a barely moving ball manages not to score...

D973521A-EECE-4E44-AEB0-DA304A5C5C54.png

There's nothing like a good still.

If you freeze frame some of our efforts at defending the 2 goals today the positional play looks shocking ?

TMs comments aren't going to help matters much whatsoever. Confidence, working relationship- it's going to be even harder for Gally to get it right. 

The positives - limited as they are when you have wasted 5 million - are a) he works hard and b) he is at least getting into positions. That is a gazillion times better than Bereton and suggests to me there could be a player of some sort in there. Given Bereton is irredeemable, I feel we need to persevere with Gally, although an impact sub may for now be his best role. He's clearly not good enough but I do wonder if there's enough raw materials in there to keep persevering with to find a player. I would be interested to see how he does with a better manager. Raya improved with a decent coaching set up. Perhaps if TM goes a better manager could get something out of him. 

Gallagher isn’t missing chances on purpose, He’s still relatively young and moved a long way from home. I do see glimpses of a decent player in there somewhere. He just doesn’t seem confident and it shows in front of goal.

I’d love to think that he could go on a scoring run but it needs to happen soon because the team are relying on him to finish moves off, if not he will have to be dropped and we’re back to square one. 

The major issue is we’ve bought 2 strikers who have been poor since they arrived. Unfortunately with Brereton I just can’t see what he offers, first touch is awful, he gets knocked off the ball too easy and Mowbray looks more like scoring.

Edited by Hi Mack
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Oh my god ? 

14 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

A better picture of the Keystone Cops. Would make a good “What happened next?” Question of Sport brain teaser 

EC0FD84D-A166-4437-AB83-97D0F378BCD8.jpeg

£15 million worth of Strikers in that pic and we failed to score from there.

56 minutes ago, pk1875 said:

£15 million worth of Strikers in that pic and we failed to score from there.

In fairness it would have went in if Armstrong didn't get in the way. I don't really know what he was trying to do. Gallaghers connection wasn't great all the same. I bet it would have been offside anyway though. 

Gallagher has regressed since he was with us before and he wasn't that good then.

Brereton is simply awful and has been since his un-scouted and influenced arrival.

The fact is we have two Pups with ever reducing resale value and virtually no ability to score goals until we can get shut.

Managerial Mowbray masterclass.

13 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Gallagher has regressed since he was with us before and he wasn't that good then.

Brereton is simply awful and has been since his un-scouted and influenced arrival.

The fact is we have two Pups with ever reducing resale value and virtually no ability to score goals until we can get shut.

Managerial Mowbray masterclass.

Not happening here and in Breretons case I think Mowbray holds a lot of the responsibility. However Brereton and Gallagher have scored at this level. So , ya, it's not happening at the moment, but I wouldn't rule it out happening somewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not happening here and in Breretons case I think Mowbray holds a lot of the responsibility. However Brereton and Gallagher have scored at this level. So , ya, it's not happening at the moment, but I wouldn't rule it out happening somewhere. 

I really hope it does, for them and us!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Do we blame our strikers for being shite and missing so much, or TM for playing them out of position over and over again destroying the team balance and confidence? Chicken or the egg.

Well to be fair to both of the players, there is nothing in their game that would suggest to me that playing them on the wing is a good idea. At least Armstrong is rapid.