Luetwiler

Bennett Lenihan Tosin William's

Johnson

Buckley     Rothwell

Brereton                         Chapman 

Gallagher

Edited by chaddyrovers

47 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Ironically in a game most of us aren't really arsed about who plays he suggests he will pick a settled team ? I'm starting to think he likes winding us up now.

Absolute piss-take. This is the one game we should really mix it up (not just the usual rotation shite, but trying out some of the U23s). If JRC was fit I'd have had him in, but sadly not. Davenport should start. Probably Chapman too. Samuel if fit, we could do with seeing what he's about these days. Walton needs dropping for a kick up the arse and to assess the alternatives. Personally I'd go Hilton or Fisher, but I could accept the Canadian grudgingly.

Sounds like zero of those things will happen.

Don't want to see Gallagher, Brereton, Bell and Bennett anywhere near if at all possible. Not ideal to not rest Lenihan, something I would strongly consider, and also without our only right back we are always struggling in that area, I would go for the following:

Walton

Travis Lenihan Adarabioyo Williams

Davenport

Rothwell Johnson

Chapman Graham Armstrong

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Wouldn't be even considering playing Graham at all in this game. Ideal would like to rest Travis, Lenihan and Downing but this isn't the case

The problem is that our other strikers are so bad its untrue. Wont find 2 worse strikers in the division. Graham didnt start at Forest, he has played 10, 60 and 18 minutes in the last 3 games, a third of the time available. 

Agreed that we could ideally rest them players but its a winnable cup game in a season that is unlikely to have much riding on it in a couple of months so its creating that balance with no midweek game.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The problem is that our other strikers are so bad its untrue. Wont find 2 worse strikers in the division. Graham didnt start at Forest, he has played 10, 60 and 18 minutes in the last 3 games, a third of the time available. 

Agreed that we could ideally rest them players but its a winnable cup game in a season that is unlikely to have much riding on it in a couple of months so its creating that balance with no midweek game.

4 points off the playoffs. that's it. 20 games to achieve it. 

I would play the team I posted above and in 4-3-3 formation with Rothwell as midfield playmaker

• J*B pinned this topic
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

4 points off the playoffs. that's it. 20 games to achieve it. 

I would play the team I posted above and in 4-3-3 formation with Rothwell as midfield playmaker

Midfield playmaker? Hopefully he can slightly improve on his record of 2 assists last season and 0 this then...

I think we are miles away without Dack and will finish roughly where we are now, no real improvement on last season.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Midfield playmaker? Hopefully he can slightly improve on his record of 2 assists last season and 0 this then...

I think we are miles away without Dack and will finish roughly where we are now, no real improvement on last season.

Has Rothwell played the Midfield playmaker role at Rovers? Nope!

I've would play the same formation and the team Ive picked in The Preston game yesterday. Got alot of positive feedback from Rovers fans on formation and majority of the team..

Dack injured. Move on. Find a new way to pick points. 

4 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

I would try something totally crazy and play two natural wingers. Chapman on the right, Downing on the left. 4-4-2 with Gallagher and Graham upfront, get some proper crosses in!

If there is any system that Mowbray won't try with Dack out, it's that.

Worth remembering Brum are on the worst run of form of any club in the Championship.

Their only point came at Ewood of course.

That said they played really well in the 4-5 against Leeds.

Will be seriously unhappy if we get knocked out in this round.