BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brum FA Cup

A cup run could do wonders for what looks like depleted confidence just now.

Saying that, all those extra games would mean even more tinkering.

I’m sure I’ll get stick for saying it but I’m rapidly losing interesting in this season.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

4 points off the playoffs. that's it. 20 games to achieve it. 

I would play the team I posted above and in 4-3-3 formation with Rothwell as midfield playmaker

Another way to look at it though, is that we were 4 points off the playoffs WITH our star player having been available for most of that (well, we were a point off was it, before he was injured?). If we were a little short with him contributing a huge portion of our goals, why would we be any better without him? The players who are going to replace him are NOT better players.

We have also found out we have barely any budget to strengthen a threadbare defence unless we can convince people to take our deadwood. Meanwhile, other teams interested in a playoff push will strengthen. We're also in a bad run, and we've seen how long those can last under TM.

It's nice to have a dream and all, and keep looking at what the gap to the playoffs is, but honestly Chaddy, I can't see us bridging it. I'm fairly certain it will get wider, not narrower.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Agreed he’s not up to it long term either, but think he’s a ‘safer’ pair of hands than Walton.

I'd give the young lad Hilton a go.....he looks a big unit and maybe he can take his chance....look at the young lad at Bournemouth,  got a chance never looked back. 

• Like 1

Not on ifollow or Espn???

----------------Hilton------------------

---JRC---Tosin---- Lenihan---Bell

---Travis Buckley Davenport----

Armstrong----------------Chapman

---------------Brereton--------------

Play our best youngsters

Edited by Fraserkirky

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd give the young lad Hilton a go.....he looks a big unit and maybe he can take his chance....look at the young lad at Bournemouth,  got a chance never looked back. 

I agree but if he went with Leutwiler, Hilton or Fisher today we (and they) know that Where's Wally would be back for the Nobbers game.

Cant totally blame Venkys for that,if true,Cherry Blue. Id rest Lenihan as hes a bit injury-prone,and possibly also Armstrong(our only semi-reliable source of goals left)-just in case we get into a relegation dog-fight. Might as well give Samuels a run-out(but I doubt Mowbray will). Id bo:- Leutwiler -Bennett,Tosun,Williams,Bell- Chapman,Travis,Evans,Rothwell-Samuels,Downing. Subs:-Walton,Lenihan,Holtby,Buckley,Smallwood,Johnson,Gallagher. And YES,I would prefer Smallwood to Brereton.Sorry.

• Like 1

We must remain focussed on the league and with so many injured or fatigued players we should play some of our 'non playing' squad players with a few experienced ones.

I'll be honest that I'm not overly bothered about getting through to the next round.

We cannot afford to pick up any injuries to key players if we have any aspirations to compete for a top 6 spot.

Maybe something along the following -

Leutwieler

Bennett Grayson  Williams     Hart

Chapman  Smallwood Buckley   Bell

Brereton  Samuel

Don't understand the apathy towards the game in some quarters, for me every first team game is as important as the next, in fact I rate Cup games as more important than League games with the odd obvious exception as if you lose a Cup game you're out whereas if you lose a League game you generally have another 20 or 30 games to sort it out.

I also think that you can never win too many games as imo winning breeds momentum and confidence. I don't think that will particularly matter this season as I expect us to finish nearer the relegation places than the play offs but nevertheless I am desperate for us to get through to the next round.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OJRovers said:

I would try something totally crazy and play two natural wingers. Chapman on the right, Downing on the left. 4-4-2 with Gallagher and Graham upfront, get some proper crosses in!

Easy game isn't it when you boil it down?

I'd try the same with Gallagher and Brereton up top to see if they could get some form and confidence going but the same principle still applies.

• Like 1