BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brum FA Cup

47 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'd hope the owners would bypass Waggott completely and merely instruct him to hand Mowbray his P45.

If Waggott was worth his salt he should be reporting back to the owners that in his view the manager is struggling badly. I bet he isn't though.

No chance Simon  he's only just got them to sign off on the cost of his flag.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Having now watched the highlights - my word - our defending is horrendous. Both goals were a joke. Beyond basic stuff and if we defend line that with any regularity in the second half of the season it will be a very long season indeed. 

You can lay the blame at about 7 players’ doors for the first one, but proof if any more was needed that Tosin is a million miles away from the City side.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

You can lay the blame at about 7 players’ doors for the first one, but proof if any more needed that Tosin is a million miles away from the City side.

He was awful for that goal.

Other lesser highlights:

- Downing asked to play on his lesser foot (Still our best player though)

- Rothwell as a central midfielder - no thanks

- Chapman running the ball out of play x times

- Buckley bouncing off not very meaty opponents.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto

46 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

By definition the facts are in the past but if you live your life ignoring them then that is up to you

You want some past facts, mowbray goes on horrendous defeat sequences, relegation when we had a chance to save ourselves, second when we had a chance to win the league, spunking money up the wall on transfers not to mention wages on the likes of whittingham, not strengthening defence when it’s obvious it needs to be, awful style of football, players out of position, not developing younger players. And quite frankly brereton.

that enough history and facts for you? Absolutely insane poster , move on your boring me now 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Managers tend to have the skin of a rhinoceros and an unshakeable belief in their own ability. There wouldn't be many out there who didn't think they could sort out most situations, no matter how bad.

As for specific names I couldn't say specifically who would and wouldn't come but there will be up and coming managers in the lower leagues and Europe for whom the Rovers job would be a step up.

As far as more established names are concerned, now that their stock has fallen slightly would the likes of Hughes Pullis and Warnock get much better than the Rovers job? I certainly don't think they'd land Premier League gigs at the moment.

As for your last paragraph, yes, you're entitled to your opinion but if you want to convince me you're not on the wind up you'll have to do considerably better than "We can't replace something that definitely isn't working with something else because it might not work" and your view that the fact that Mowbray has messed up horrifically on transfe dealings is "irrelevant".

RevidgeBlue...I feel Tony is a spent force, lost the plot and run out of ideas. Difficult to say who should come in, but that shouldn't mean we carry on like this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Yep, us older ones still remember the glamour and the glory of the FA Cup. Shame Tony Mowbray doesn't.

Rovers getting to the FA Cup final or even having a good run to the semis or quarters would give the club and the town such a huge boost.

Moobs is worse than Groundhog Gaz.

The Swansea, Stoke, Liverpool thing really saved the 2015 season.

I posted the other day we should go and get Karl Robinson, Oxford were 1-0 down at HT today against Hartlepool, according to the BBC he was going mental on the

touchline, throwing cups about, his team came out 2nd half and played them off the park and won 4-1.

You have to wonder why Mowbray's HT team talks never seem to have the same effect.

Edited by West Yorks Rover
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

I posted the other day we should go and get Karl Robinson, Oxford were 1-0 down at HT today against Hartlepool, according to the BBC he was going mental on the

touchline, throwing cups about, his team came out 2nd half and played them off the park and won 4-1.

You have to wonder why Mowbray's HT team talks never seam to have the same effect.

Teddy Bear Tony only dunks his biccies in the cups - never throws them.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

Got to say that Gallagher and Brereton were woeful today. Gally has the touch of an elephant and Ben contributes nothing to the team. What a poor return for £12m.  On the other hand Downing and Armstrong were excellent.  Both goals were really poor from us, no challenge as people just ran through and shot as well as weak goalkeeping.  Overall ..... a pish result which more or less ends our season right here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

I like Tony, I think he's a good, decent man and am happy to see him continue as boss. 

Think some people on here should just have a word with themselves and wonder if they're not just being a tad hasty in their calls to get rid. 

I agree he seems to be a decent bloke but as a manager of Rovers what's he doing for you to be happy?

12 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Can anyone who was at the match today confirm that Brereton started crying when booed apparently?

How can you not feel for the lad.

I find it bizarre that fans are not able to comprehend that the situation is anything but his fault. Clearly he's well out of his depth and it looks like a complete waste of £7m, but he's the last person to be blamed for the situation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ok ,he had lost it. This is like something Kean would say 

Too much of the ball no less! 

Screenshot_20200104-152938_Chrome.jpg

There's plenty enough quotes to put together a 'Trump or Hitler style' who said what quiz.

Tony or Tripe? You'd have to be a Mastermind expert on Tony T to get anywhere near a good score.

Jokanovic, Hughton, Warnock, fucking anyone. If we can afford to spunk 15 million on Gallagher Brereton and Armstrong then we can afford to pay them 3 top class managers what they are worth. Regardless of how we played/chances we missed today, Mowbray bought them players. Time to go.

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Jokanovic, Hughton, Warnock, fucking anyone. If we can afford to spunk 15 million on Gallagher Brereton and Armstrong then we can afford to pay them 3 top class managers what they are worth. Regardless of how we played/chances we missed today, Mowbray bought them players. Time to go.

Apparently because Mowbray wasted £12m we can't afford a new managerial team.

I guess that's one way to keep yourself in a job. :o