BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brum FA Cup

1 minute ago, DE. said:

He's certainly better than the Canadian, although that isn't saying much. New keeper desperately needed but unlikely to come as we're now pleading poverty despite having thrown £5m away on Gallagher in the summer and Mowbray insisting he'd be able to ask for January funds in September. But I guess FFP just snuck up on us between now and then. Crafty. 

He also told us we'd sold the goalie to buy a striker then a short while later told us the Raya money hadn't been spent !

A man with a fork in a world of soup.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought us as an attacking team created alot of chances to score from but defensive wasn't good enough.

But defensive was poor, Why no one didn't close down Crowley quickly no idea, and the same with the second goal. Plus the keeping from Luetwiler was pathetic for second goal. 

Thought Armstrong was outstanding today. 

I expect today will the last time we see Brereton in Rovers shirt this season. 

I agree with Mowbray's comments regarding Gallagher positional in the penalty box. 

We created some chances but missed them all because our strikers are shit. Theres no way that we can do without signing a striker.

Defence wasnt good enough either specifically that idiot of a keeper for both goals. For the first much of the blame goes to our absent midfield.

Armstrong was our biggest threat but outstanding is a massive exaggeration.

Was a depressing watch. Both teams had no quality and to say neither side is a bottom 3 Championship side says a lot about the league in general this season.

17 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It’s not a good sign at all. We know what some of these players are capable of but nobody is standing out at the minute. This is not a happy camp.

Mowbray singling people out won’t help. He needs to start looking at his own approach. If the players are not doing what he is asking then there is a reason for that and there needs to be clear-the-air talks - and fast!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50995928

Since there is no danger of him being sacked it will only be Rovers (and the fans) who suffer.

This assassination by Mowbray really begs the question of why he paid £5m him. Has he just started to do this after he signed for us? It's far more likely that he has always been like this which in itself begs another question of why pay that much. Maybe Mowbray thought he and his coaching staff could fix this which is another massive failure if so.

He really should keep his gob shut.

Mr Teflon Mowbray.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought us as an attacking team created alot of chances to score from but defensive wasn't good enough.

But defensive was poor, Why no one didn't close down Crowley quickly no idea, and the same with the second goal. Plus the keeping from Luetwiler was pathetic for second goal. 

Thought Armstrong was outstanding today. 

I expect today will the last time we see Brereton in Rovers shirt this season. 

I agree with Mowbray's comments regarding Gallagher positional in the penalty box. 

I heard his comments regarding Gallagher. I thought they were pretty damning regarding what passes for coaching these days. How old is he ? He's probably been at a pro club from before he was 10 and he needs to be told to make his runs into the box and not out of it. I knew where, when and how to make runs into the danger areas when I was at school. That came from watching what the top players did, not somebody telling me.  Dack knows how to  attack the spaces, why doesn't Gallagher learn from what Dack does in the box.

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, we could have paid £40 million for Joelinton like Newcastle did. I'd rather have Gallagher ! I believe some Geordie fans were giving him some grief has he made his way to the team coach after the game.

I went to dale today and Murphy gave an example of how to manage. Dale out gunned and out resourced by Newcastle. Murphy first system three at the back was a disaster exposed on the right. First attempt change the left wing back to the right .Still not working. Before half time take off magloire go 4 at the back. Still not working. Bring a big man on up front at half time. Bingo. Now that’s management.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boroblue said:

I went to dale today and Murphy gave an example of how to manage. Dale out gunned and out resourced by Newcastle. Murphy first system three at the back was a disaster exposed on the right. First attempt change the left wing back to the right .Still not working. Before half time take off magloire go 4 at the back. Still not working. Bring a big man on up front at half time. Bingo. Now that’s management.

Correct. However if they'd have started with the 11 that finished the game they might have won that game.  The " Big Man " was a 40 years old journeyman but Newcastle couldn't deal with him. Going 4-4-2 enabled them to play a more direct game than the 3-5-1-1 they started out with.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Correct. However if they'd have started with the 11 that finished the game they might have won that game.  The " Big Man " was a 40 years old journeyman but Newcastle couldn't deal with him. Going 4-4-2 enabled them to play a more direct game than the 3-5-1-1 they started out with.

Wilbraham may not be the future but horses for courses

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I try and be objective. I lost my blue and white glasses years ago. I'd have been spewing if that had have been a Rovers player.

Why I believe this poster to be one I listen to more than any other, will call a spade a spade and not be blinded just because they are a Rover. Absolutely respect that 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We created some chances but missed them all because our strikers are shit. Theres no way that we can do without signing a striker.

Defence wasnt good enough either specifically that idiot of a keeper for both goals. For the first much of the blame goes to our absent midfield.

Armstrong was our biggest threat but outstanding is a massive exaggeration.

Was a depressing watch. Both teams had no quality and to say neither side is a bottom 3 Championship side says a lot about the league in general this season.

We created chances today which was good to see from us in this 4-3-3 formation. I've told you my plans for January and that is sort that defence out 1st. So I have no idea where you keep telling me your January plans ideas cos you have told me often enough. I haven't forgotten pal. 

Like I said IMO, Armstrong was outstanding. constant threat every time he got the ball. Really good to see him so on form. 

Always going to be not the best game when it played after a busy Christmas period. 

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I heard his comments regarding Gallagher. I thought they were pretty damning regarding what passes for coaching these days. How old is he ? He's probably been at a pro club from before he was 10 and he needs to be told to make his runs into the box and not out of it. I knew where, when and how to make runs into the danger areas when I was at school. That came from watching what the top players did, not somebody telling me.  Dack knows how to  attack the spaces, why doesn't Gallagher learn from what Dack does in the box.

Tyrone, have you read my comments about Gallagher in his thread? 

Depends on the coaching at Southampton and the clubs he been on loan he had. 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We created chances today which was good to see from us in this 4-3-3 formation. I've told you my plans for January and that is sort that defence out 1st. So I have no idea where you keep telling me your January plans ideas cos you have told me often enough. I haven't forgotten pal. 

Like I said IMO, Armstrong was outstanding. constant threat every time he got the ball. Really good to see him so on form. 

Always going to be not the best game when it played after a busy Christmas period. 

Tyrone, have you read my comments about Gallagher in his thread? 

Depends on the coaching at Southampton and the clubs he been on loan he had. 

Southampton's youth system had a really good reputation so it's surprising he seems so lacking in finishing know how. He seems to have gone backwards in this respect since he was here previously. He's definitely turned into a blunt instrument at the moment.

I read an article by that striker for the England women's team that was scoring all the goals in the last World Cup. Previously she was running all over the shop with out much success. The coaching staff told here never to stray beyond an area of two imaginary lines equal to the edge of the penalty area and not to run around quite as much, wait for the ball to come to her more instead of chasing play etc. All of a sudden she couldn't stop scoring.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

41 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

managers should`nt single out players to the press,say it in the dressing room and coach the player,ffs mowbray is`nt that you and your staffs job,gallagher is`nt ever go to be a star but give him some coaching instead of telling him what to do

Bit late for that. Mowbray has already hung Raya, Travis, Reed, Chapman, Rothwell, Gallagher and Brereton out to dry. Probably more I’m forgetting?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Amo said:

Bit late for that. Mowbray has already hung Raya, Travis, Reed, Chapman, Rothwell, Gallagher and Brereton out to dry. Probably more I’m forgetting?

Nyambe & Bell too. Mulgrew during that horror patch last season.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Nyambe & Bell too.

So basically we have no players who can actually play football. Can I add reed watch Smallwood and Evans. Evans who has to be left on the bench to be motivated and holtby who’s a young lad who needs time to understand what we do. Sorry and Rodwell

3 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

So basically we have no players who can actually play football. Can I add reed watch Smallwood and Evans. Evans who has to be left on the bench to be motivated and holtby who’s a young lad who needs time to understand what we do. Sorry and Rodwell

whats angering me is the fact it`s nothing that can`t be put right by a straight talking manager who sticks to one system,gives everyone a single job to do and picks his best side when available,the crowd will turn on saturday if we are getting the run around

• Like 4

One last comment on the second goal. When I watched it the first time I had to go back because I was convinced I'd missed something it was that bad a missed save. It seemed to go right through him. 

I know Walton is bad but he can actually save the ball amidst the clangers. Today's keeper might as well not have been there. 

18 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

One last comment on the second goal. When I watched it the first time I had to go back because I was convinced I'd missed something it was that bad a missed save. It seemed to go right through him. 

I know Walton is bad but he can actually save the ball amidst the clangers. Today's keeper might as well not have been there. 

Number one, number two and gk coach. The triumvirate of the non-outfield role.

We binned off the wrong tine.

The worst part is that this isn’t even hindsight and there is no likely change in sight!

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

Number one, number two and gk coach. The triumvirate of the non-outfield role.

We binned off the wrong tine.

The worst part is that this isn’t even hindsight and there is no likely change in sight!

What surprises me about it was that TM saw through Steele very quickly and got shot of him. Walton is of similar ability and less said about our reserve the better. Given his impatience with Raya too you do wonder how Leut is still here and how we can settle for Walton as our number 1. Shambles. 

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

It’s not a good sign at all. We know what some of these players are capable of but nobody is standing out at the minute. This is not a happy camp.

Mowbray singling people out won’t help. He needs to start looking at his own approach. If the players are not doing what he is asking then there is a reason for that and there needs to be clear-the-air talks - and fast!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50995928

Since there is no danger of him being sacked it will only be Rovers (and the fans) who suffer.

Comments like these are probably best left in the dressing room or in private between player and manager. However you could maybe understand Mowbray making those comments if Gallagher had a history of being a prolific scorer and had suddenly stopped doing the things he was doing that made him so successful. But he hasn't and it was fairly obvious the last time he was here that he would never be more than a run of the mill 5-10 goal a season journeyman at best.

Mowbray's comments therefore come across as trying to kid the owners that he did in fact sign a top class striker but it's Gallagher's fault because he's stopped doing the things he used to. 

Sadly however it's Mowbray's fault as Gallagher has never been much good and never will be.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Boroblue said:

With respect, some players reach their level & can't progress beyond it.

E.g.Smallwood who played a vital role in getting us back into Division 2-really, but couldn't get us any higher up the 'football pyramid'.

And is Holtby really a "young lad" in football terms? I was glad to see us signing him; now I'm slightly less convinced.

11 minutes ago, m1st said:

And is Holtby really a "young lad" in football terms? I was glad to see us signing him; now I'm slightly less convinced.

I suspect the poster was being facetious, Holtbt is an experienced player of international standard yet Mowbray is treating him like a novice who needs to learn how to play the game and messing him about by leaving him out and playing him out of position etc.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Suppose it’s my fault in a way.

2 weeks or so back I was wasted excited for the Wigan game and a chance to get right in the mix.

5 games, 2 draws and 3 losses later here we are.

I should have known better 

You were’nt alone Tom!