BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brum FA Cup

Two thing that  pissed me off about the goal ball breaks Williams should  wipe the lad out but just sticks hes leg out . Lad runs 20 yards into the box and Lenihan  doesn't  get out to him he drops back to goal lads kicks the ball at the Lenihan and it goes through  him and the keeper aswell . Its shocking  but this his happening  everyweek  and unfortunately Williams , Bennett  , Bell , Gallagher  and Brereton are nowhere near good enough . And Bennett his stopping a good young defender from starting games. Both keepers are crap  3 years of TM and the end can't  come quick enough  I'm going PNE game and god help TM if Rovers don't  show because we are coming for you TM  where shit and where sick of it Tony out will ring round Ewood

2 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Buckley is no where near to be on that pitch .. came on and was twice brushed off like a snow flake from the Birmingham Midfielder once in the opposition penalty box and once for the last minute goal .. looks nothing special at this stage of his career ... just like BB Who Looks anything but a footballer.. Just looks weird 

SG was at Birmingham and they must be laughing at us to spend 5/6 million on the guy ! 

The Recruiting Department needs sacking along with TM who heads it ... 15 Million wasted on these 3 strikers !! 

Sounds like Buckley needs to contact that Traore from Wolves and ask for his personal trainer's number.

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Paying a guy peanuts ,or maybe not even paying him. It was just a nice thing to do and ultimately has no impact on anything. Far ,far bigger issues. 

We have no idea or indication that he was paid peanuts. I saw it described as an 'extension' rather than a short term deal, which implies the same wage. Fairly sure I've seen his wage put on here at about 3k in the past. Even for the six months, that's about 75k, enough for the yearly salaries of several normal members of staff. Like the ones who got fired when we got relegated. There was no sympathy contracts from the club for them, and they actually contributed.

If he was paid nothing, why put him under contract at all? Just tell him he is free to use the facilities and physios.

It was a farce. Not like we owed him anything, he was here for two seasons already whilst contributing nothing. That was plenty of charity already.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, CharlesBronson said:

Venkys won't sack TM esp with waggott making the decisions so stop moaning it is what it is back manager and hope we start winning again soon

Oh dear God - really? That's the plan?This isn't Field of Dreams. "Back him and we shall display bog-standard defending skills, we will gain in fitness, organisation, square pegs will slither into round holes and Brereton will come good".

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

We have no idea or indication that he was paid peanuts. I saw it described as an 'extension' rather than a short term deal, which implies the same wage. Fairly sure I've seen his wage put on here at about 3k in the past. Even for the six months, that's about 75k, enough for the yearly salaries of several normal members of staff. Like the ones who got fired when we got relegated. There was no sympathy contracts from the club for them, and they actually contributed.

If he was paid nothing, why put him under contract at all? Just tell him he is free to use the facilities and physios.

It was a farce. Not like we owed him anything, he was here for two seasons already whilst contributing nothing. That was plenty of charity already.

Spot on.

We cant stop conceding conceding dreadful goals. Like they other team aren't playing amazing stuff, it's just piss poor. What is it with Mowbray and these dreadful runs. 

Whenever he is up for manager of the month,this happens. Not related I'd say,but when we start on these runs, Mowbray cant remedy it quickly 

No win til Feb 

5 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Buckley is no where near to be on that pitch .. came on and was twice brushed off like a snow flake from the Birmingham Midfielder once in the opposition penalty box and once for the last minute goal .. looks nothing special at this stage of his career ... just like BB Who Looks anything but a footballer.. Just looks weird 

SG was at Birmingham and they must be laughing at us to spend 5/6 million on the guy ! 

The Recruiting Department needs sacking along with TM who heads it ... 15 Million wasted on these 3 strikers !! 

And yet Buckley is frequently described as the best young player at the club and prior to his most recent contract people were criticising the club for not giving him a new contract !

The same people are now demanding that the manager bring in the other young players in to the team

4 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I do , which is why I don't want the clowns who sacked Sam Allardyce to replace him with Steve Kean being set loose once again. On the other hand if that's ok with you...........

There's no space between "do" and the comma. It's all about high standards you know. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I do , which is why I don't want the clowns who sacked Sam Allardyce to replace him with Steve Kean being set loose once again. On the other hand if that's ok with you...........

Did the same clowns not appoint Mowbray?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Ya, exactly, we have no idea of his contract. I sincerely doubt we were paying him 3 grand a week. Either way,absolute peanuts in the grand grand scheme of things and had no impact on anything. 

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

So you want the crowd sacked as well ?

No I am saying that if Mr. Bronson is right then those who can attend are seemingly happy with utter mediocrity at best and forget we were once challenging for UEFA cup places. Obviously with your frankly deliberately stupid remark you are happy with plodding along and ending up 16th or so in the Championship under a frustrating leadership.

44 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

A guy next to me said he was 81 was on his own and said the same thing to me at Wigan. 

Yep, us older ones still remember the glamour and the glory of the FA Cup. Shame Tony Mowbray doesn't.

Rovers getting to the FA Cup final or even having a good run to the semis or quarters would give the club and the town such a huge boost.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, exactly, we have no idea of his contract. I sincerely doubt we were paying him 3 grand a week. Either way,absolute peanuts in the grand grand scheme of things and had no impact on anything. 

Err..... I could never play either, so Is it ok if the Club give me 3k p.w. until the end of the season then?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LDRover said:

Did the same clowns not appoint Mowbray?

Yes , and along with Bowyer and Lambert he is one of the 3 managers who have returned an average performance. The other 4 they appointed on the other hand...........

I don't believe they will do any better and with what FFP may mean for us I think no one who is any good would take the job anyway