Jump to content

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah, 1 goal every 4 games, not bad. But not "very good." 

Young player. Don't know what you are really expecting tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Young player. Don't know what you are really expecting tbh. 

You interjected into a conversation that I was having where I stated that I felt describing his best season as "very good" was a massive exaggeration on a 1 in 4 season which I felt was ok, satisfactory, average, no more than that.

That season has been followed by a really, really poor season, then a non existent one, and finally this season an embarassing one where he has the worst goal rate in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I personally dont think Gallagher "did very well" here by any means, he did OK. Likewise Brereton didnt do "very well" at Forest, he was scoring infrequently and eventually couldnt make the squad.

I dont doubt many of your points to be fair, I do agree with player misuse and stagnation and questions about his coaching staff but I think Mowbrays main failing is his really poor transfer recruitment. I dont think any manager could get that much from these 2 players.

Funny how language upsets people.

In a team being relegated under Owen Coyle, Gallagher did “very well” to score 11 goals (one behind top scorer Graham).

As an 18 year old breaking through into the Forest first team, Brereton did “very well”. Scored 9 goals and got 7 assists over a season and a bit in the Championship.

Just look at these stats - they say it all.

6FAD2A66-A6FC-4205-886A-FC1F4E04474D.thumb.jpeg.55d1404049c98aa9e819af474fcba0f5.jpeg

It’s all relative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Funny how language upsets people.

In a team being relegated under Owen Coyle, Gallagher did “very well” to score 11 goals (one behind top scorer Graham).

As an 18 year old breaking through into the Forest first team, Brereton did “very well”. Scored 9 goals and got 7 assists over a season and a bit in the Championship.

Just look at these stats - they say it all.

6FAD2A66-A6FC-4205-886A-FC1F4E04474D.thumb.jpeg.55d1404049c98aa9e819af474fcba0f5.jpeg

It’s all relative.

I didn't actually realise he had that decent a season at this level. Thats better than Armstrong has ever done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets call a spade a spade, Mowbray has completely made a balls of integrating Brereton. Good pre-season and he doesn't get a look in. Mowbray is a peculiar fella at times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lets call a spade a spade, Mowbray has completely made a balls of integrating Brereton. Good pre-season and he doesn't get a look in. Mowbray is a peculiar fella at times. 

He got injured early on in the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He got injured early on in the season.

He was fit the first game and he didnt start. 

I would expect our fit, 6 or is it 7 million pound striker to start after having a year to settle in and scoring a few in pre season. Not Mowbray though. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Amo said:

"A bit"? That's kind of him to say that.

The Birmingham manager actually referred to our left side ie their right side.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He got injured early on in the season.

Why weren't injuries a concern for us ?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

The Birmingham manager actually referred to our left side ie their right side.

 

You are correct, I read that wrong. 

Well it could have been either to be fair 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.