BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Would love it if someone stood up and asked him:

1) What he thought was the reason for him going from a superstar to being absolutely gash more or less overnight and  arguably quicker than any other player in the history of football

2) Whether he felt the slightest bit of remorse for milking the Club dry whilst going through the motions in his final five seasons or so here.

Of all the players to direct question 2 at....

• Like 7

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

1) What he thought was the reason for him going from a superstar to being absolutely gash more or less overnight and  arguably quicker than any other player in the history of football

2) Whether he felt the slightest bit of remorse for milking the Club dry whilst going through the motions in his final five seasons or so here.

Ridiculous. Pedersen always give his all for this club, he's well down the list of "milkers".

He gave Rovers fans some great memories in his time and deserves the affection he gets.

• Like 8

Bloody hell mate that's harsh. He was inconsistent but you are putting him in the Murphy category with that accusation. His loyalty was never in doubt to the vast, vast majority of Rovers fans.

Why don't you go and ask him yourself?

This is a guy who scored a fabulous last minute winner against the Dingles, and - arguably even better - scored twice at Old Trafford to beat a top, top Man United team. 

MGP is a very long way down the list of players who have 'milked' BRFC, not to mention 'going through the motions'.

I'd love to think that this post is a joke. If it isn't you've just showed yourself up mate, big time. 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Maybe he wasn't a " Super Star  " to begin with.

Comes across well in the interview on Youtube. Great when guys like him come back around the place. Reminds me of the good old days. Saw him score a great free-kick live. Pity it was when we lost 7-1 to Arsenal. 

He is definitely open to a move anyway going off the interview. To be honest I would have thought he retired around 4 years ago. Was surprised to see he was still playing. If it was American footballer rules where kickers can come on and off, I would take him, but then if that was the case I would still have Mulgrew here. After Santa Cruz and Bentley, I couldn't stomach seeing one of my favourites a shadow of their former self. To be honest, my recollection is he was past it near the end here, let alone, what, 6 years later. 

• Backroom
10 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

This is a guy who scored a fabulous last minute winner against the Dingles, and - arguably even better - scored twice at Old Trafford to beat a top, top Man United team. 

MGP is a very long way down the list of players who have 'milked' BRFC, not to mention 'going through the motions'.

I'd love to think that this post is a joke. If it isn't you've just showed yourself up mate, big time. 

He always had it in for him and singled him out for criticism.

Morten always gave his all and gave us some fabulous memories, the goals against Wigan and Fulham and that double at old Trafford along with the winner against the Dingles 

Glad we had him here, always came across as a real gent as well 

In fact let’s bend the rules and give him a testimonial, get Big Brad, Reidy, Tugay, Nelsen, Benni Mc and co back for it 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 4

Sorry, not having Pedersen in the slightest. There may be one or two other examples but I can't recall another top player going completely off the boil at the peak of his physical prowess and the only possible reason I can put it down to is the fact he must have thought he'd done enough or made himself financially secure and effectively downed tools. His form started declining before Hughes left in summer 2008  when he would only have been about 27 and we had to endure him for a further five seasons after that.

If you were to look back at the message board from that latter period I dont think  many others were having him either but it seems the passage of time and maybe Shebby's comments have given people rose or blue and white tinted specs where MGP is concerned. Still if they choose to remember him for the first half of his Ewood career( which was admittedly brilliant) and disregard the second that's their prerogative just as its mine to judge his time here as a whole.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

That’s not quite at booing Shearer levels but it isn’t a million miles behind it. 

You’re entitled to your opinion obviously but I can’t agree with that assessment of the lad, and particularly in the context of some of the absolute thieves we have had playing for us over the last few years.

PS - that first question you suggested be posed to MGP about going from superstar to gash - I’ll name you two from the same era that did fit into that category - Bentley and Santa Cruz.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 3

I thought Pedersen was a good player, not a great one. Hence why his form declined. Players found him out and knew how to defend against him. This happens to players in the PL and it is why it is the best in the world. The players around him also gradually got worse and he spent a lot of his later years as a defensive winger. 

That said, amazing with set pieces and I still reckon at 38 he could teach a few of our lads how to play the game. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
19 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry, not having Pedersen in the slightest. There may be one or two other examples but I can't recall another top player going completely off the boil at the peak of his physical prowess and the only possible reason I can put it down to is the fact he must have thought he'd done enough or made himself financially secure and effectively downed tools. His form started declining before Hughes left in summer 2008  when he would only have been about 27 and we had to endure him for a further five seasons after that.

If you were to look back at the message board from that latter period I dont think  many others were having him either but it seems the passage of time and maybe Shebby's comments have given people rose or blue and white tinted specs where MGP is concerned. Still if they choose to remember him for the first half of his Ewood career( which was admittedly brilliant) and disregard the second that's their prerogative just as its mine to judge his time here as a whole.

Even into the Kean years, Pedersen regularly ran upto a full kilometre more than our other players. The assertion that he was either lazy or gave up is nonsense.

His form certainly got patchy, but so did everyone's post Sam. In the Sam years he was employed more defensively, but he was clearly more attack/support minded.

Even judging his time here 'as a whole', the fact you're so scathing in the context of the decade we've just had is a it baffling.

The fact is he was a major cog in Hughesy's machine and deserves the recognition that comes with that. Compared to others who played under Hughes thru Kean (Emerton, Nelsen, Roberts, Dunn, Reid, Bunn, Samba, Olsson), I don't think Pedersen actually declined in form all that much.

• Like 2

I would've thought that in hindsight almost every fan would realise what a decent player, excellent servant and class act Pedersen was. Same goes for Emerton. Never bad players, rarely bad games but often their consistent hard work went unnoticed.

Those were the good old days and I'd have them back in a shot.

• Like 5

On 03/01/2020 at 23:49, Harry The Bass said:

Won’t be going due to work but the first thing I’d want to know is how much of an absolute weapon Bellamy is... some heat with MGP apparently..!

If any of you guys want to hear about rovers of old- try the Jon Parkin and Chris Brown (yes I know, that guy) podcast with Micheal gray as a starter - as the reminiscing about days of overlapping with Morten and beating the likes of united away are a great listen!

Its called “Undr the Cosh” - Dunny has his own episode, plus a few others, (Basil Rathbone was one I’d my favourites!)

Been listening a while, best football podcast about. 

• Like 1

Pedersen is an odd one but overall he deserves a hero's return. His goals and assist numbers are very strong especially considering how his form dipped in his last few years and he gave us some great memories.

What confuses me is when you list what he was good at it makes it out to be better than he actually was, he had:

Two great feet

Good set piece delivery

Good cross

Great leap and decent in the air

Great technique 

Covered a lot of ground

A massive long throw (in an Allardyce team)

I think he had a hamstring injury at the back end of 05/06 and weirdly he never looked quite as sharp after that, always felt like he got caught flat footed or was too slow which made some people, wrongly imo, think he was lazy. Had a very distinctive crossing/dribbling style which I always wondered if it was down to being naturally right footed

• Like 3

22 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I’m definitely one of those that lost patience with Pedersen during the latter half of his spell here. I would agree entirely that his form dropped off massively and he was lucky to play as frequently as he did for a good couple of seasons.

However, even at his worst he is far and away better than 99% of the dross we have had since, and as frustrating as I found him I don’t think his commitment to the club can be questioned. Accusing him of milking the club is incredibly unfair.

Rather than blue and white tinted spectacles, I’d say it’s more a case of don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone.

That said, I don’t agree with all this “legend” stuff flying about, or calls for him to have a testimonial. Particularly when better servants to the club, who earned for less and actually qualified for one never got one.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He asked where RevidgeBlue was.

If he wants they want to go out for a meal and thrash out their differences, I’m sure I’d generous folk on BRFCS could sponsor it....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Pedersen is an odd one but overall he deserves a hero's return. His goals and assist numbers are very strong especially considering how his form dipped in his last few years and he gave us some great memories.

What confuses me is when you list what he was good at it makes it out to be better than he actually was, he had:

Two great feet

Good set piece delivery

Good cross

Great leap and decent in the air

Great technique 

Covered a lot of ground

A massive long throw (in an Allardyce team)

I think he had a hamstring injury at the back end of 05/06 and weirdly he never looked quite as sharp after that, always felt like he got caught flat footed or was too slow which made some people, wrongly imo, think he was lazy. Had a very distinctive crossing/dribbling style which I always wondered if it was down to being naturally right footed

With my scouting hat on regarding the down side -  he lacked real pace, wasn't particularly good at beating an opponent one on one, he wasn't particularly tricky running with the ball, he didn't appear to relish the physical side of the game. It's quite interesting that nobody came in for him when we'd turned into a selling club. Putting that to one side he appears to be a genuinely nice guy who had a lot of real affection for the club.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces