Sign in to follow this  
K-Hod

Politics

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't stand the programme Gav. I loathe the woman who chairs it. . 

You loathe Fiona Bruce? Why TS?

Shes one of the least offensive presenters I can think of! 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

You loathe Fiona Bruce? Why TS?

Shes one of the least offensive presenters I can think of! 

She does get her facts wrong occasionally, which baffles me given her cred as a newsreader.

I rarely watch QT simply because even when the panel are ok and the questions sensible, I get too wound up at certain things and it's not good for me that late at night. I'm really getting old

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Super duper whataboutery Jim!! ;)

Not really. Both posts were about Andrew neill. 

One of the better QT last night but in general it has become unwatchable for the past 2 years because of the toxic political and Brexit debate, the panellists have been so poor and some audiences cringeworthy. Fiona does her best but she’s no match DD

I read somewhere recently that the audience is being vetted now so it's more in keeping " With how the electorate thinks ". That's enough for me. As for Fiona Bruce, she's a smug know all who actually knows a lot less than she thinks she does. How she got that job I just don't know when Emily Maitlis was also interviewed for the position.

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

The temporary Tory voters are joining the Labour party in their droves to vote against Becky. Civil war looming between the moderates and the loony momentum.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51245211

‘Because of the large number of people joining the party, it is unclear what their intentions are’. 

So not really then?

I debated joining myself. Not a natural Labour voter but recognise the need for an electable alternative to the horde that are governing us now so thouht I might join and vote for leader. But couldn't quite get there

17 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

As for Fiona Bruce, she's a smug know all who actually knows a lot less than she thinks she does. How she got that job I just don't know when Emily Maitlis was also interviewed for the position.

Goodness me TS, i'd hate to owe you a pound, you'd be sending the hit squad to blow me away! 

Poor Fiona :lol:

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Goodness me TS, i'd hate to owe you a pound, you'd be sending the hit squad to blow me away! 

Poor Fiona :lol:

I just don't like her Gav. Antiques Roadshow is her forte. Politics isn't. What makes you think I'd lend you a pound ? Smiley Face.

Far prefer Any Questions on Radio 4 (and Any Answers) to QT, which has rapidly become like a Radio 5 Live phone-in.

Edited by Mike E

12 hours ago, gumboots said:

I debated joining myself. Not a natural Labour voter but recognise the need for an electable alternative to the horde that are governing us now so thouht I might join and vote for leader. But couldn't quite get there

Oh the irony

The government is supporting local high streets by for small businesses on the High Street they are cutting business rates. From April, small shops and cafes will see their bills halved with the retail discount extended to 50%. Also pubs will benefit from cuts to business rates 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/happy-hour-for-pubs-as-government-cuts-business-rates

Also the X41 bus route from Accrington to Manchester has been saved. Great work by Hydnburn MP Sara Britcliffe and Rossendale/Darwen MP Jake Berry. 

Sadly, these people have been conned by Boris Johnson in exactly the same way that he conned them over Brexit. 

https://www.ft.com/content/dbfcc10c-3de4-11ea-b232-000f4477fbca

Already, the funding formula for local authorities is being changed to move even more money from the deprived north to the wealthy south, despite all the promises.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jan/25/former-red-wall-areas-could-lose-millions-in-council-funding-review

Never trust a liar.

But there's always more jobs in London

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51184323

Meanwhile the X41 bus route has been saved by the Tories from Tory cuts!

Welcome to Boris's One Nation Britain. 

Edited by jim mk2

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Sadly, these people have been conned by Boris Johnson in exactly the same way that he conned them over Brexit. 

https://www.ft.com/content/dbfcc10c-3de4-11ea-b232-000f4477fbca

Already, the funding formula for local authorities is being changed to move even more money from the deprived north to the wealthy south, despite all the promises.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jan/25/former-red-wall-areas-could-lose-millions-in-council-funding-review

Never trust a liar.

But there's always more jobs in London

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51184323

Welcome to Boris's One Nation Britain. 

I wonder where they get most of their advertising revenue from ?

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Also the X41 bus route from Accrington to Manchester has been saved. Great work by Hydnburn MP Sara Britcliffe and Rossendale/Darwen MP Jake Berry. 

Great work by Graham Jones too.

13 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Great work by Graham Jones too.

Why? 

He set up a meeting with the boss of bus Service Transdev who didnt the attend. What else has he done? 

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Things like this matters to local people who rely on the service. No Tory cuts as it a private run company. 

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Wrong again. They are having a review in funding. Nothing wrong with having a review into the funding. 

Jim, just face the facts that voters dont want Labour policies anymore or the leaders of your party. Your policies were unpopular. Thats why you lost the election so badly. Worst result in 80 years

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

They are having a review in funding. Nothing wrong with having a review into the funding. 

I think the point is that if the review goes ahead and nothing changes, which is highly likely, everyone that voted Tory voted for cuts to Northern council budgets, whilst agreeing to give Hampshire £35m increase and Surrey council potentially £25m increase!

Let hope Sara Britcliffe can persuade Boris and his government that they've got it all wrong. 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why? 

He set up a meeting with the boss of bus Service Transdev who didnt the attend. What else has he done? 

Raising the issue in the first place, for one. It's been going on a few months at least, not just in the last month.

Sara absolutely deserves credit for finishing the job, and I'm not taking away from her at all. But so does Graham for getting it started. I believe in giving credit to everyone involved in a project, do you not?

44 minutes ago, Gav said:

I think the point is that if the review goes ahead and nothing changes, which is highly likely, everyone that voted Tory voted for cuts to Northern council budgets, whilst agreeing to give Hampshire £35m increase and Surrey council potentially £25m increase!

Let hope Sara Britcliffe can persuade Boris and his government that they've got it all wrong. 

Yes---very bad for Hyndburn! Chaddy could get interested!

8 hours ago, Gav said:

Lets see what the report says first before we start the negative chat(not you Gav)

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

Raising the issue in the first place, for one. It's been going on a few months at least, not just in the last month.

Sara absolutely deserves credit for finishing the job, and I'm not taking away from her at all. But so does Graham for getting it started. I believe in giving credit to everyone involved in a project, do you not?

The Bus Company announced it on 5th December that they were axing the x41 bus. So Basically Graham Jones did nothing. Bus Bosses didn't meet him and he couldn't promise anything as he wasn't elected as a MP after the election. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

he couldn't promise anything as he was elected as a MP after the election. 

Does that make sense?