18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But Starmer wont answer the question are Schools are safe to return? Wonder why 🤔

Clue's in the title of the segment...

When is Johnson going to held to account by the standards and ethics committee for continually bare-faced lying to parliament?

Starmer pointed out that the Social Mobility Commission found that child poverty has risen by 600,000 since 2012, and that the SMC are projecting another dramatic rise in child poverty over the coming years.

Johnson then pretended that the 600,000 increase hasn't happened, dismissing it as an "anticipated rise" rather than something that's already happened.

Yesterday's lie was that he'd never even heard of the campaign to feed kids over the summer, even though he'd officially acknowledged the campaign the day before, when he rejected it!

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But Starmer wont answer the question are Schools are safe to return? Wonder why 🤔

So the great boris Johnson with an 80 seat majority needs the ok from starmer before he sends schools back? 

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

We know what it should be spent on but once we give them the money, its theirs. If someone gives you a gift to help with your mortgage, theres nothing to stop you blowing it in something else less essential. The sensible choice would be to do what it's intended for and most people would, but some wont. So it is with governments too.

That's not in the vast majority of cases how it works gumboots. We don't just give other countries money to spend how they want. Having been involved with a development charity for 38 years I know a bit about how aid works. The recipient country (or organisation inside that country) will draw up a proposal for a project which will need to be fully costed with achievable timescales. DfID might well be helping to steer and encouraging the projects but the impetus needs to come from the recipient. I would expect projects right now to need to be compliant with at least one of the UN's development goals.

Then, if approved, the money is allocated and monitored regularly. Of course, like business both private and public in the UK stuff goes wrong, money is misspent, circumstances change, the plans don't work etc. But the majority of the money is delivered against the project.

It's encouraging to hear Johnson say that the 0.7% of GDP target will continue to be met, but what he hasn't said is where it will be spent. It sounds to me like the money will shift towards projects designed to help our economic interests rather than being driven by need, which would be a terribly negative move.

Right to answer the question from several different posters. PM Johnson has said that it is safe for schools to return. But Starmer wont say anything and wouldnt answer the question. Just like the Brexit 1 year extension that the Lib Dem has purpose. 

Yes Johnson didnt answer about council funding and Lancashire council leader comments. Yes they given extra funding to councils around the UK. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Right to answer the question from several different posters. PM Johnson has said that it is safe for schools to return. But Starmer wont say anything and wouldnt answer the question. Just like the Brexit 1 year extension that the Lib Dem has purpose. 

Yes Johnson didnt answer about council funding and Lancashire council leader comments. Yes they given extra funding to councils around the UK. 

Starmer offered to help with the Shadow Education Secretary three weeks ago but was ignored. He has proof in a letter that didn't even merit the courtesy of a reply. And to reiterate PMQ's is not the forum for an opposition leading to be asked questions.

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

That's not in the vast majority of cases how it works gumboots. We don't just give other countries money to spend how they want. Having been involved with a development charity for 38 years I know a bit about how aid works. The recipient country (or organisation inside that country) will draw up a proposal for a project which will need to be fully costed with achievable timescales. DfID might well be helping to steer and encouraging the projects but the impetus needs to come from the recipient. I would expect projects right now to need to be compliant with at least one of the UN's development goals.

Then, if approved, the money is allocated and monitored regularly. Of course, like business both private and public in the UK stuff goes wrong, money is misspent, circumstances change, the plans don't work etc. But the majority of the money is delivered against the project.

It's encouraging to hear Johnson say that the 0.7% of GDP target will continue to be met, but what he hasn't said is where it will be spent. It sounds to me like the money will shift towards projects designed to help our economic interests rather than being driven by need, which would be a terribly negative move.

So India sending rockets into space is not connected to the aid we give? (not being snarky, honest question)

Just now, Dreyski said:

So India sending rockets into space is not connected to the aid we give? (not being snarky, honest question)

Honest answer - I don't know, although I suspect not directly.

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Yes I appreciate that but within that framework I suspect there is still a lot that doesnt go quite where it should when it should especially on money from government for big projects.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Starmer offered to help with the Shadow Education Secretary three weeks ago but was ignored. He has proof in a letter that didn't even merit the courtesy of a reply. And to reiterate PMQ's is not the forum for an opposition leading to be asked questions.

Well he did reply by using modern device called a Mobile Phone. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

And why does starmer need to answer the question? 

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong again 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Now you're using Johnsons lines too. Starmer said he hadn't spoken to him for some time. I know who I believe but your Boris blind spot will be the opposite. 

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Now you're using Johnsons lines too. Starmer said he hadn't spoken to him for some time. I know who I believe but your Boris blind spot will be the opposite. 

Question @chaddyrovers why do you think Johnson is telling the truth and not Starmer on this. 

One account is backed up by hard evidence, the other has no evidence/proof. One story is corroborated by unions and teachers saying they aren't being consulted. One has a history of lying whereas the other doesn't. Who seems more likely to be telling the truth here. 

Again your Tory bias is letting you down. Objectively, rationally the likelihood of the true version of events is not favourable to Boris, yet you ignore all of this evidence, circumstantial and hard proof in favour of championing him. Do you not see how this approach lacks credibility. 

Let's say me and arbitro were having a debate about Arbitro helping about a joint house we were building. Arbitro has a letter he sent to me from a number of weeks ago saying he wants to plan the renovations together but has no reply. The builders also publically have said in the papers they aren't being consulted on the renovations. You know i was sacked from a previous job for lying and recently in court on another housing project I was involved in the court ruled I had lied. Arbitro has no such blemishes on his record. I say that I called Arbitro and spoke to him about the housing renovations. Which one of us would you believe and why? 

29 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Which one of us would you believe and why? 

Make it easier for him and tell him which one votes labour

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Question @chaddyrovers why do you think Johnson is telling the truth and not Starmer on this. 

One account is backed up by hard evidence, the other has no evidence/proof. One story is corroborated by unions and teachers saying they aren't being consulted. One has a history of lying whereas the other doesn't. Who seems more likely to be telling the truth here. 

Again your Tory bias is letting you down. Objectively, rationally the likelihood of the true version of events is not favourable to Boris, yet you ignore all of this evidence, circumstantial and hard proof in favour of championing him. Do you not see how this approach lacks credibility. 

Let's say me and arbitro were having a debate about Arbitro helping about a joint house we were building. Arbitro has a letter he sent to me from a number of weeks ago saying he wants to plan the renovations together but has no reply. The builders also publically have said in the papers they aren't being consulted on the renovations. You know i was sacked from a previous job for lying and recently in court on another housing project I was involved in the court ruled I had lied. Arbitro has no such blemishes on his record. I say that I called Arbitro and spoke to him about the housing renovations. Which one of us would you believe and why? 

I think (using modern parlace) it's a BORmance 😁😁😁.

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

Make it easier for him and tell him which one votes labour

I spat my tea out 😂

According to YouGov poll people trust the Conservative party more to the Labour party. 41% to 21%. The top 3 issues to people asked in the YouGov Poll is the Economy(61%), Health (60%) and Brexit(45%)

Suggestions for the name of Johnson's rebranded new personal aircraft: Hair Force One?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53082294

And surely it should be red with £350m for the NHS on the side?

Boris Johnson, the man who preferred to paint a plane than help the homeless, or those In need.

How lucky are we to have him as our leader. 

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If he had access to the same information as Government Ministers he would be able to form an opinion.

I aqree with you though that he should have that level of access

As the new resident of Number Ten.

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Suggestions for the name of Johnson's rebranded new personal aircraft: Hair Force One?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53082294

And surely it should be red with £350m for the NHS on the side?

Boris Johnson, the man who preferred to paint a plane than help the homeless, or those In need.

How lucky are we to have him as our leader. 

Take back the dole...

Used to be call Cam Force One when Dodgy Dave was PM.