11 minutes ago, den said:

You just made your position worse Gav.

Well I don't want to try and rewrite history den, I can only repeat what I said originally, right or wrong. 

Posted (edited)

This is interesting.

Looks like Britain is now overwhelmingly in favour of 3 million Hong Kongers and their dependents coming to settle in the UK.

image.thumb.png.8e9c0a273b00aff8b7dbaffc82b98b68.png 

Edited by philipl

Posted (edited)

Another U-turn. And this time a very bad and dangerous decision that will have bad consequences for this country in the future. We are just a client state of the USA, it wouldn't surprise if Tory back benchers soon start proposing that we become the 51st state.

https://news.sky.com/story/huawei-blocked-tech-must-be-stripped-from-uks-5g-network-by-2027-12028177

Edited by Ewood Ace

10 hours ago, philipl said:

This is interesting.

Looks like Britain is now overwhelmingly in favour of 3 million Hong Kongers and their dependents coming to settle in the UK. 

Figure likely to be nearer 200,000 mark, according to reports. Not exactly what Brexiteers had in mind when they wanted to "take back control". 

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Another U-turn. And this time a very bad and dangerous decision that will have bad consequences for this country in the future. We are just a client state of the USA, it wouldn't surprise if Tory back benchers soon start proposing that we become the 51st state.

https://news.sky.com/story/huawei-blocked-tech-must-be-stripped-from-uks-5g-network-by-2027-12028177

What happened to Global Britain making its own decisions and not being told what to do by anyone? The US expresses its disapproval and baby Trump jumps to attention.

No wonder Johnson looks so dishevelled all the time, he must be dizzy from all the u-turns

Surprised this hasn't had a mention :rolleyes:

The Labour party have now seen the findings by the equality watchdog into anti-Semitism in the party, be interesting to read the conclusion once its made public.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53397173

With Labour remaining stagnant in the polls vrs the Tories, the sooner this topic is put to bed the better.

Just now, Gav said:

Surprised this hasn't had a mention :rolleyes:

The Labour party have now seen the findings by the equality watchdog into anti-Semitism in the party, be interesting to read the conclusion once its made public.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53397173

With Labour remaining stagnant in the polls vrs the Tories, the sooner this topic is put to bed the better.

And they will stay stagnant at best whilst they have a flip flopping, bandwagon jumping leader, who believes in nothing. Terrible economic news today yet barely a squeak from the opposition, they should be all over this and call it for what it is Tory mismanagement of the economy. I saw Lucy Powell on TV on Sunday morning and she was asked by the presenter to name a policy of Starmer's and she couldn't name one. 

7 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

whilst they have a flip flopping, bandwagon jumping leader, who believes in nothing.

Isn't that Boris Johnson to a tee? Didn't even believe in Brexit till he decided it represented his best chance of personal success.

As for policies, we've just had an election which resulted in a huge loss of seats for Labour. Picking up the pieces and turning Labour into an effective opposition is his priority right now.

I think he's doing very well.

George Monbiot in todays paper is on the trail of the corruption that has taken place regarding the Government's awarding of contracts during the crisis. Friends of the Tory party filling their boots at our expense as usual.

18 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

And they will stay stagnant at best whilst they have a flip flopping, bandwagon jumping leader, who believes in nothing. Terrible economic news today yet barely a squeak from the opposition, they should be all over this and call it for what it is Tory mismanagement of the economy. I saw Lucy Powell on TV on Sunday morning and she was asked by the presenter to name a policy of Starmer's and she couldn't name one. 

While he's prioritised rebuilding trust within Labour, I do want him to start at least start formulating 'what he would do' if he were PM.

Trouble is it's very early in a 5-year cycle to reveal any cards. I've said before, based on what he says at PMQs and what's he's supported in his career pre-politics and IN politics, I think he'll offer a version of Labour's 2017 manifesto but perhaps worded to appeal to the centre.

Whatever he says will get nicked by the Conservatives at some point.

Another PMQs highlighting Boris is a load of dog turd.

Right from the off his answers became aggressive (I assume he thinks he was giving a passionate speech) even when the first question was quite calm and reasonable, I think it was a question around whether we could expect sector specific rescue packages. 

Other highlights were "Have you even read the report"  "I am aware of the report" 

And then when asked what he would say to families of the bereaved he rambles on and finishes with a calvin Klein joke. 

I thought starmers questions were easy to anticipate and he was having a tame week so really Boris should have been able to be across the answers and give decent well researched answers. It was obvious he was going to get asked about the report that came out recently so why not just read it. How can we expect this man to negotiate with world leaders when he cant prepare for some relatively tame questioning from the leader of the opposition. 

I await chaddys glowing review of Boris's PMQ performance. 

On another note, this was the last PMQs for 6 weeks because politicians are off on holiday again until September!

You'd think there was no pandemic, the worst global health crisis in a century, or a looming Brexit meltdown if no deal is agreed with the EU, or any reason at all to hold the prime minister or the government to account,. 

37 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

It won't be long.

The thing is, no Tory voter is going to change their mind because someone has pointed out that Johnson lied again. They knew perfectly well  he was a liar when they decided they wanted him as prime minister. They actively wanted the liar in charge, so pointing out that he lied is fruitless.

34 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

It won't be long.

The thing is, no Tory voter is going to change their mind because someone has pointed out that Johnson lied again. They knew perfectly well  he was a liar when they decided they wanted him as prime minister. They actively wanted the liar in charge, so pointing out that he lied is fruitless.

Exactly. You've just got to hope the vote for boris was a one off because he promised brexit where labour wouldn't. 

Posted (edited)

Remember a few weeks ago when I, and others, remarked that Boris vs Starmer was like watching a drunk being told about their drinking problem?

Boris has starting to act like an alcoholic would in recent weeks. I'm genuinely starting to feel concerned for him.

Edited by Mike E

Just now, Mike E said:

Remember a few weeks ago when I, and others, remarked that Boris vs Starmer was like watching a drunk being told about their drinking problem?

Boris has starting to act like an alcoholic would in recent weeks. I'm genuinely starting to feel concerned for him.

Why? 

The most egregious liar to inhabit No 10, who refuses to admit he made a mistake, even after months of chaos, thousands of avoidable deaths, and overwhelming evidence that the UK's response to the crisis was one of the worst in the world. He's also lucky to be alive after flagrantly ignoring the medical advice on handshaking.

To the Tories, he was the useful idiot who conned the Red Wall into believing his levelling up lies that won the last election. The Tories will ditch him before the next election, I'm sure.

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

Another PMQs highlighting Boris is a load of dog turd.

Right from the off his answers became aggressive (I assume he thinks he was giving a passionate speech) even when the first question was quite calm and reasonable, I think it was a question around whether we could expect sector specific rescue packages. 

Other highlights were "Have you even read the report"  "I am aware of the report" 

And then when asked what he would say to families of the bereaved he rambles on and finishes with a calvin Klein joke. 

I thought starmers questions were easy to anticipate and he was having a tame week so really Boris should have been able to be across the answers and give decent well researched answers. It was obvious he was going to get asked about the report that came out recently so why not just read it. How can we expect this man to negotiate with world leaders when he cant prepare for some relatively tame questioning from the leader of the opposition. 

I thought PM Johnson's performance was very good. I enjoyed the Calvin Klein joke. It was right cos Starmer wouldn't say Schools were safe despite sending his own children back to schools. 

On the specific resuce package for different airlines. Richard Branson managed to find the money he need for Virgin Atlantic from the company shareholders. Or British Airways as Starmer has mention them in PMQ's, the British Airways owner International Airlines Group CEO Alex Cruz said that it will take years for Airline industry and I quoted " In light of the impact of Covid-19 on current operations and the expectation that the recovery of passenger demand for 2019 levels will take several years." Also the airline has said they cannot rely on taxpayer money to offset salaries indefinitely. Do you agree this action by the airline not to expect the UK taxpayer to bail out them is right? 

there is 1 more PMQ's before the Summer recess. 

Have you ever watched People PMQ's that the Prime Minister has hold before?(You can find them on Youtube) The last one was last Friday when he was engaging with the People asking their questions and you could see Johnson enjoying talking to them. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought PM Johnson's performance was very good. I enjoyed the Calvin Klein joke. It was right cos Starmer wouldn't say Schools were safe despite sending his own children back to schools. 

Whilst I don't disagree with you about Starmer. Johnson is the Prime Minister and if he wanted all children back at school he could have made that happen but he failed to do so. 

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Whilst I don't disagree with you about Starmer. Johnson is the Prime Minister and if he wanted all children back at school he could have made that happen but he failed to do so. 

I think the government could have done better getting Children back to school sooner

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I think the government could have done better getting Children back to school sooner

You feeling alright?

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought PM Johnson's performance was very good.

And there it is. 😂 

Of course you did. 

No matter that Starmer was asking important questions, Johnson responding with evasive waffle, bombast, exaggerations, lies, and looking lost without the Tory backbenchers cheering his every utterance with animal noises.

Starmer asks if Johnson had even bothered to read the "2nd wave" report predicting a worst case scenario of a further 120,000 coronavirus deaths over the winter.

Johnson replies "I'm aware of it", which is as good as an admission that he hasn't bothered to read it.

Starmer pushes Johnson on protection for jobs and core industries. Johnson retorts with offensive drivel about how there's no "magic wand" to save people's jobs.

Johnson goes into personal attack mode with 'More briefs than Calvin Klein' eh? As if he's going to damage Starmer by making him appear to be a professional who is actually on top of his job.

And so it goes on. Johnson was pathetic. 

Anyone watching or has watched the SNP and Plaid Cymru opposition day debate? 

Plenty of SNP and Conservatives MP's in the House of Commons debating this issue. But only 1 Labour backbench MP's turned up from what I have watched. So where are they all? 

SNP debating extending the Brexit transition period. But really about Scottish National Party want an independent Scotland even tho they had a vote on this 6 years ago. Which was rejected. 

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You feeling alright?

Yes I am. ;)

I feel that My Step Daughter would have been better off being at School for the last 6 weeks of this term starting her GSCE's instead of starting them at home. Yes she has live lessons from her school and support from myself and her mum. But I am not a teacher but we have done our best at home. Our teachers have offered support but it isnt like being in a classroom. 

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

On the specific resuce package for different airlines. Richard Branson managed to find the money he need for Virgin Atlantic from the company shareholders. Or British Airways as Starmer has mention them in PMQ's, the British Airways owner International Airlines Group CEO Alex Cruz said that it will take years for Airline industry and I quoted " In light of the impact of Covid-19 on current operations and the expectation that the recovery of passenger demand for 2019 levels will take several years." Also the airline has said they cannot rely on taxpayer money to offset salaries indefinitely. Do you agree this action by the airline not to expect the UK taxpayer to bail out them is right? 

there is 1 more PMQ's before the Summer recess. 

Have you ever watched People PMQ's that the Prime Minister has hold before?(You can find them on Youtube) The last one was last Friday when he was engaging with the People asking their questions and you could see Johnson enjoying talking to them. 

He keeps mentioning the flip flopping from starmer, I cant say I've noticed it in PMQs but I wont pretend to be across everything labour publish. What I would say though is why does bojo with an 80 seat majority need the approval from the opposition to send schools back? 

On the airline issue I dont have a strong position as I'm not across the full facts but the fact that you've given a much more detailed answer on an internet message than the PM did, does that not speak volumes? My issue is the fact that he didnt give an answer with any content. 

The final question was about what he would say to the bereaved and his answer ended with a flippant joke about calvin klein, mildly amusing on it's own but do you think that was well placed? 

I haven't watched it no, I might look it up. What's the format?