3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

All benefits brought by the trade union movement.

And all flowed through to scumbags who never paid any union dues in their life but happily took the benefits anyway.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I don't see how a world class cricketer should be a Lord. It's like arguing Andy Murray or Alan Shearer should be in there.

Did they support Brexit?

50 minutes ago, Gav said:

You don't take over 500 wickets by bowling sh1te deliveries to good batsmen, what a load of cobblers, I assume you don't really follow cricket..

Ian Botham "a good cricketer on his day" :lol:

You'll be telling us next "Alan Shearer was a good footballer on his day" 

I need a lie down.......

I didn't just follow cricket, I played it. However I know that if I got a wicket with a long hop a yard wide of the off stump the cricketing Gods were smiling on me that day. Usually with that sort of delivery the ball would be crashing into the boundary ropes.

I've laughed at Botham getting world class batsmen out with that kind of ball and wondered how he did it. I'm not saying everything he sent down was like that, far from it, but he got more good batsmen out with bad balls than any other bowler I can think of.

Just now, 47er said:

He was a tremendous cricketer, one of the best England has ever produced but that's not why he has been" elevated".

I mentioned yesterday that he deserves all the accolades he gets for his contribution to cricket and his superb efforts for charity, but I don't agree with the likes of Botham, Karen Brady and the Alan Sugars of this world being given peerages to sit in the Lords and in Bradys case voting down amendments which would give affected tax credits claimants a three-year reprieve :angry:

I'm sure Botham never asked for one, he's not the kind of guy. 

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

And all flowed through to scumbags who never paid any union dues in their life but happily took the benefits anyway.

We ensured that anybody who wouldn't join the union had to pay the equivalent of their dues to a charity of their choice. Some of them even jibbed at that.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We ensured that anybody who wouldn't join the union had to pay the equivalent of their dues to a charity of their choice. Some of them even jibbed at that.

Bastards!

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Rumour has it that the Tory MP accused of rape is a hardline Brexiteer. 

Well most of these Tories are, that's how they got in.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Tories refuse to remove whip from rape arrest MP

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53630497

Do this lot have any morals? 

No.

Rumours rife that it’s a short bloke who doesn’t like Germans much.

4 minutes ago, den said:

No.

I would just like to confirm that’s it isn’t me, despite dens best efforts to link me to the case :P

11 minutes ago, den said:

No.

But he was never a Minister.

Short, hates, the Germans' - that's half the Tory party. Need more clues, Den

Meanwhile, another Conservative MP, Rob Roberts, is under a parliamentary investigation for allegations of misconduct, after text messages allegedly sent by him suggested he invited a female intern to “fool around” with him.  

And the Tories refused to remove the whip from him too

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/rob-roberts-mp-delyn-conservative-18659035

All this follows the "naughty Tory" Charlie Elphicke scandal

You have to hand it to them. These Tory ex-public school boys know how to do sleaze. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, philipl said:

But he was never a Minister.

Who wasn't? If we're all on the same page then yes he was. 

His twitter account and Facebook page have also just been deleted. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Short, hates, the Germans' - that's half the Tory party. Need more clues, Den

Meanwhile, another Conservative MP, Rob Roberts, is under a parliamentary investigation for allegations of misconduct, after text messages allegedly sent by him suggested he invited a female intern to “fool around” with him.  

And the Tories refused to remove the whip from him too

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/rob-roberts-mp-delyn-conservative-18659035

All this follows the "naughty Tory" Charlie Elphicke scandal

You have to hand it to them. These Tory ex-public school boys know how to do sleaze. 

That's why they don't know how to behave around women. You look at every Tory Party scandal going back to Profumo - they're almost all to do with sex.

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's why they don't know how to behave around women. You look at every Tory Party scandal going back to Profumo - they're almost all to do with sex.

Jolly japes in the dorm. The boys love to play together. 

1 hour ago, den said:

No.

Is it Capt. Mainwaring ?

33 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

Is it Capt. Mainwaring ?

😀

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Will Starmer take action over this. After all he did promise zero tolerance on anti-Semitism and this is far more anti-Semitic than the tenuous reason that Long-Bailey was sacked for.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-53628761 

That killed the conversation :rock:

It's amazing how many high profile people keep doing this sort of thing on Twitter and other social media. It's one thing to have a message from 10 years ago when you're 16 dug up, but to put any iffy joke, or angry bigoted comment on the internet. But after you achieve a level of recognition you'd maybe say that to 1 trusted person to get it off your chest but surely think before putting across the world. There have been so many examples of people losing jobs because of social media comments before this most recent example.

Oh my God.

That ignorant useless git Mark Francoise was actually a Minister?

I feel.ill.

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Will Starmer take action over this. After all he did promise zero tolerance on anti-Semitism and this is far more anti-Semitic than the tenuous reason that Long-Bailey was sacked for.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-53628761 

While I agree he should be reprimanded, the difference is that he's deleted the tweet and apologised. RLB did neither.