Sign in to follow this  
K-Hod

Politics

I don't see the point of reading your posts. You have nothing to say. 

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Interesting to see the interview in yesterday's Sunday Times where Sadiq Khan said that the electorate got it right with the General Election result.

To quote Mandy Rice-Davies, " Well he would say that wouldn't he ". He's another one I've no time for. He's looking to the future advancement of Sadiq Khan. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

And yet sweeps the country in the General Election whilst Saint Jeremy leads Labour to their worst result in living memory.

Not exactly true unless you are relatively young. I was reading some stats the other day that proved that not be the case.The 1983 election result was worse on many levels. I've thrown the paper away now so I can't quote it.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

My job is to monitor Johnson and the right wing crooks in the Tory party in general and call them out for what they are.

His kow-towing to Big Orange as he sells out the NHS and machinations over the Brexit cliff edge over the next 12 months will be fascinating to watch. 

still peddling this conspiracy of us selling the NHS to the US which you been told time after time it never will be. When will you learn.

You voting for Rebecca Long Bailey then in the Labour leadership contest? 

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

To quote Mandy Rice-Davies, " Well he would say that wouldn't he ". He's another one I've no time for. He's looking to the future advancement of Sadiq Khan. 

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion of Khan - but worth pointing out that he knows how to win elections

Becky has now joined the farce. Can just hear her now when she wins saying it proves Corbyn's communist policies are a winner. Meanwhile the rest of the country disagree. What an amusing sham.

The GE was the death of the Labour party, the RLB stitch up is the burial.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion of Khan - but worth pointing out that he knows how to win elections

Yes a lot of people make that mistake. How many people voted for the Labour Party candidate in that election and how many voted for Khan as a person ? I'd have voted for him but I've absolutely no illusions about him. A career politician who could easily flit to whatever party he felt like and not look out of place. After Blair's time in government he made sure the Labour Party was full of them. See Chuka Umunna as just one example.

The only good thing to emerge from the last election was plenty of them got shown the door.

3 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

The GE was the death of the Labour party, the RBL stitch up is the burial.

The Conservatives increased their popular vote by a measly 300,000 at the election. 13.6m from 13.3m in 2017, yet won by 80 seats.

Such is the iniquitiy of the FPTP system.

Labour would have won 544 seats, virtually every seat in England and Wales,  based on the voting of the under-24s in the election.

This isn't a party in its death throes..

A functioning democracy also needs an opposition to the government. Presumably you want to see a one-party Tory state. 

I heard Javid on the news earlier talking about borrowing billions to bring the forgotten communities more inline with London and South East, sounds like Labour policy doesn't it?

Who has been in charge of the country for the best part of a generation? The Tories.

Why are these communities in need of significant investment? - Because the Tories have decimated them, often on purpose.

Yet the country and these communities voted Tory? :wacko:

Edited by Gav

Tories are taxing and spending - classic Labour policy. Corbyn lost the election but his policies are being enacted by the Tories. Same with Ed Miliband's agenda post the 2015 election, which the Tories then adopted.

There will be a big schism in the Tory party before long between the new tax and spend policy and traditional right wing Thatcherite Tories who want a smaller state and to cut public services to the bone.

Johnson, because he has no principles, will inevitably bow to the Thatcherite base and thrown gullible northern Tory voters under the bus. 

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

still peddling this conspiracy of us selling the NHS to the US which you been told time after time it never will be. When will you learn.

Explain how you know this Chaddy?

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You voting for Rebecca Long Bailey then in the Labour leadership contest? 

If you’re just finding out that adults tell lies, you’re in for a rude awakening Chaddy....

1 hour ago, den said:

Explain how you know this Chaddy?

well the Prime Minister Johnson, Health Secretary Hancock, President Trump and US ambassador to the UK have all said the NHS is not on the table

2 hours ago, Gav said:

.Why are these communities in need of significant investment? - Because the Tories have decimated them, often on purpose.

Yet the country and these communities voted Tory? :wacko:

People are doing ok , they don't need to be told all the time that they are poverty stricken,  feckless and need the state and people on 80k to come to their aid.  People are aspirational and theres never been  more opportunity for a diverse range of people.

When labour stop brow beating the nation with tales of poverty, food banks and woe is us mentality, then they might just have a chance of getting back in power....I suspect not for at least 2 elections.

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

People are doing ok , they don't need to be told all the time that they are poverty stricken,  feckless and need the state to come to their aid.  People are aspirational and theres never been  more opportunity for a diverse range of people. 

Spot on

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well the Prime Minister Johnson, Health Secretary Hancock, President Trump and US ambassador to the UK have all said the NHS is not on the table

Oh dear Chaddy.

They are already privatising the NHS. 

Just now, den said:

Oh dear Chaddy.

They are already privatising the NHS. 

Tony Blair first did in the late 90's. have you forgotten this? 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tony Blair first did in the late 90's. have you forgotten this? 

Another  “whataboutery” post.

we are talking about the Tory government and how they are privatising services. That is selling off the NHS contract by contract, service by service. Virgin media run big parts of it under this government, not too long ago seeing it for over £2m of our money, that’s how influential they have become recently. The Tories have also held meetings with the Americans about our NHS which the government have kept completely secret by redacting every word of the minutes. So much for Trump has denied it. In reality he also said that the NHS would have to be part of any free trade agreement.

privatisation is what the Tories stand for and is what you vote for if you only realised it.

Edited by den

46 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

People are doing ok , they don't need to be told all the time that they are poverty stricken,  feckless and need the state and people on 80k to come to their aid.  People are aspirational and theres never been  more opportunity for a diverse range of people.

When labour stop brow beating the nation with tales of poverty, food banks and woe is us mentality, then they might just have a chance of getting back in power....I suspect not for at least 2 elections.

Just because you’re doing just fine, doesn’t mean that’s the case en masse.

If you don’t want to believe the news about the use of food banks, that’s up to you, but they are facts. It’s an absolute disgrace that anyone in this country should have to use food banks in this day and age.

36 minutes ago, den said:

we are talking about the Tory government and how they are privatising services. That is selling off the NHS contract by contract, service by service. Virgin media run big parts of it under this government, not too long ago seeing it for over £2m of our money, that’s how influential they have become recently. The Tories have also held meetings with the Americans about our NHS which the government have kept completely secret by redacting every word of the minutes. So much for Trump has denied it. In reality he also said that the NHS would have to be part of any free trade agreement.

privatisation is what the Tories stand for and is what you vote for if you only realised it.

Are you suggesting that we are all going to have to get insurance and that the services won't be free at the point of need? If not,  what are you suggesting, ?

Just now, K-Hod said:

Just because you’re doing just fine, doesn’t mean that’s the case en masse.

If you don’t want to believe the news about the use of food banks, that’s up to you, but they are facts. It’s an absolute disgrace that anyone in this country should have to use food banks in this day and age.

I'm not denying they exist, but Labour constant play on this so called mass poverty is wrong.

39 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Are you suggesting that we are all going to have to get insurance and that the services won't be free at the point of need? If not,  what are you suggesting, ?

You’re happy if the NHS is handed over to the American private market?

sounds like you are.

Edited by den

1 hour ago, den said:

But the NHS wont haven't be privatisation tho. It will always be free at the point of use. You are very happy to forget that it was Blair and Brown who bought private companies into the NHS in the late 90's. 

You mean these discussions we have with USA over a free trade agreement when Thresa May was PM? Suggest you look these the documents properly cos at no point was Selling NHS off to US ever mention. 

I know exactly what I voted for when I put my X for Sara Britcliffe and the Conservative party. I have no regrets 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But the NHS wont haven't be privatisation tho. It will always be free at the point of use. You are very happy to forget that it was Blair and Brown who bought private companies into the NHS in the late 90's. 

You mean these discussions we have with USA over a free trade agreement when Thresa May was PM? Suggest you look these the documents properly cos at no point was Selling NHS off to US ever mention. 

I know exactly what I voted for when I put my X for Sara Britcliffe and the Conservative party. I have no regrets 

You happy to see huge chunks of the NHS handed over to the American private market as well Chaddy?

Who says it will remain free at the point of use? You keep making statements with nothing to back them up.

Edited by den

45 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm not denying they exist, but Labour constant play on this so called mass poverty is wrong.

I’m not sure what point you are making to be honest, but it’s a national disgrace and needs to be highlighted. 
I don’t think it’s possible to highlight it too much, maybe that’s just me.