1 minute ago, Gav said:

How long has Malta been comparable to U.K.? 

Sheffield has more people living in the city than the entire population of Malta.

Speak English, drive on the left and have red post boxes. Cannot get much more comparable than that.

Just now, philipl said:

Speak English, drive on the left and have red post boxes. Cannot get much more comparable than that.

:D

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looked at the Chilcot report carefully.

536. In the foreword, Mr Blair stated that he believed the “assessed intelligence” had “established beyond doubt” that Saddam Hussein had “continued to produce chemical and biological weapons, that he continues in his efforts to develop nuclear weapons, and that he had been able to extend the range of his ballistic missile programme”.

That’s what I said.

4 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Tony Blair is nothing short of a war criminal,

Four inquiries, never charged with anything.

11 minutes ago, den said:

Four inquiries, never charged with anything.

😂😂😂

You trust them inquiries do you? I hope you have the same trust for any inquiry into Tory activity that finds them free of blame too. 

One thinks not though.

The UK government of all colours were never keen to see a leader of parliament titled a war criminal, so it was never any surprise to us folk who abhor war and our intervention oversees to see the results it did. 

The proof is in the pudding. Over a million dead as a result of Bush / Blair lies and counting. Entire swathes of Iraq taken over by hostile militias and never a weapon of mass destruction in sight...not without our flag on it anyway!! 

41 minutes ago, den said:

That’s what I said.

Clearly you haven't. 

The Chilcot report says that the conclusions Blair presented publicly about that intelligence were different to what the intelligence actually said: They reflected Blair's beliefs more than the underlying facts, Chilcot says. But because Blair presented his conclusions in parliament, and in an executive summary of the underlying JIC report, Blair's beliefs had a distorting effect on the actual facts inside the report — which said Iraq did not have WMD.

23 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

😂😂😂

You trust them inquiries do you? I hope you have the same trust for any inquiry into Tory activity that finds them free of blame too. 

One thinks not though.

The UK government of all colours were never keen to see a leader of parliament titled a war criminal, so it was never any surprise to us folk who abhor war and our intervention oversees to see the results it did. 

The proof is in the pudding. Over a million dead as a result of Bush / Blair lies and counting. Entire swathes of Iraq taken over by hostile militias and never a weapon of mass destruction in sight...not without our flag on it anyway!! 

Independant inquiries, why wouldn’t I trust them? I won’t ever stop people like yourself throwing the “war criminal” accusation at him, but I’m just pointing out that rightly, he’s never been found guilty of doing anything illegal.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Clearly you haven't. 

The Chilcot report says that the conclusions Blair presented publicly about that intelligence were different to what the intelligence actually said: They reflected Blair's beliefs more than the underlying facts, Chilcot says. But because Blair presented his conclusions in parliament, and in an executive summary of the underlying JIC report, Blair's beliefs had a distorting effect on the actual facts inside the report — which said Iraq did not have WMD.

It’s exactly what I said. If you state or back something that you believe is right, then you aren’t lieing. 

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

It's much easier to roll out a mass testing programme when you have a population of 12 people

its daft compare Malta to the UK. The UK population is over 67 million compare to Malta population of around 500k. 

Just now, den said:

It’s exactly what I said. If you state or back something that you believe is right, then you aren’t lieing. 

But he wasn't right was he. Iraq had no WMD's

Even Tory Laura...

Laura Kuenssberg

@bbclaurak

Followed swiftly by the PM saying he thinks the EU is negotiating in bad faith, even tho Brandon Lewis said this morning they were working in good faith - you wouldn't be blamed for thinking this is a bit mixed up

Look like the Internal Market Bill will pass the Commons without many Conservatives MP's voting against it. Full details will come out soon. Appears that Bob Neil's amendment will be part of the bill from the looks of it. 

3 hours ago, Gav said:

I thought Johnson saw her off by continually repeating that UK is testing more than any other comparable country in Europe.

But I did like the ‘Kier’ question :D

He answered nearly every question with some reference to testing figures even when the question was nothing to do with testing. He has default comments and this is one of them because he doesn't have the answers. He was mumbling along at one stage incoherently and closing his eyes. I thought his body language wasn't good today, almost like the current issues are taking their toll on him. And he hadn't a clue about how much care workers earn. I thought he was a distinct second today to a novice.

I do wish they'd throw more figures back at him.

'We are doing more testing than any European country.'

Yes, as a result of having more Covid-19 deaths than any European country.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But he wasn't right was he. Iraq had no WMD's

You are hard work.

I didn’t say he was right, I said he wasn’t lieing - as your government does on a daily basis with your full approval.

6 minutes ago, den said:

I didn’t say he was right, I said he wasn’t lieing - as your government does on a daily basis with your full approval.

Of course he did. Whichever way you want to dress it up. 

It's your government aswell Den tho as you live in the UK. :D

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Of course he did. Whichever way you want to dress it up. 

It's your government aswell Den tho as you live in the UK. :D

I’m not pursuing this any more Chaddy, you’ll be pleased to know. It’s off topic and it’s impossible to debate with you.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree with you that's we should leave other countries to govern themselves.

Like Scotland.

The irony of the Single UK Market Bill

It rides roughshod over devolved powers so increases independent sentiment 

It enshrines law breaking by Parliament so sets a precedent for the SNP to convene an independence referendum irrespective of Westminster

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

its daft compare Malta to the UK. The UK population is over 67 million compare to Malta population of around 500k. 

But but but, you compared us to Brazil and the USA. Is that not daft? Help me out here, what am I missing? 

Youre forgetting Chaddy rule number 1. If it fits my preconceptions, it's  correct. If not, ignore and deflect. We're  all guilty of it to some extent but some of us try to overcome it.

Johnson is not long for Number 10.

His current successor as editor of the Spectator writes "Where's Boris?"

When Boris Johnson gathered Tory MPs on a Zoom call to lift their spirits last week, it ended in disaster. He didn’t want to take any of their questions; then his line cut out, leaving them talking over each other and asking – as The Spectator does this week – where’s Boris? Where is the decisive, optimistic, bombastic leader they thought they’d elected? In our cover story, I write about a recurring problem: the depressing absence of leadership. Toby Young puts it another way: ‘Oliver Hardy has left the stage, replaced by Oliver Cromwell.’ He’s bitterly disappointed. 

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree with you that we should leave other countries to govern themselves. 

I'll let wee Nicola know that she has the Chaddy/Tory seal of approval. I'm sure she'll be delighted.