Working class nurse and toolmaker v doctor and pharmacist, both from wealthy Indian families. 

Circa combined wages £50k a year v £200k plus a year (today's prices)

Local schools v £40,000 a year private Winchester College

Leeds & Oxford uni v Oxford & Stanford uni

Law firms v Goldman Sachs and Hedge Fund

Sunak married the daughter of a billionaire. 

Not so different at all really. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

And Labour Party MP's actually knows what's it like to do a normal working people jobs? Really? 

Keir Starmer went to a Grammar school just like Corbyn did. He went to University in Leeds and a constituent college of the University of Oxford. 

Yes really sounds like he had a proper grounding in the real world 🤣

My dad's a leccy who never earned more than £20k per year (worked well past retirement age to pay for it), and my mum's a minimum wage receptionist all her life.

I went to QEGS (grammar school) and was friends with many others there in the same boat. Many of our parents working class or lower-middle and al worked bloody hard to send us there for the extortionate fees.

Some of my group of friends are now high flyers via Cambridge and Oxford. Some of us are getting by on minimum wage.

All you are displaying there is some sort of weird reverse snobbery because someone dared to work hard enough to do better than his parents. It's not a good look on you chaddy, it stinks of bitterness. You're better than that.

Keir Starmer is much closer to the working class average joe than Boris 'Latin and Waffle' Johnson.

Edited by Mike E

15 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Can I point out I did Latin A level too.

Only a GCSE for me

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

My dad's a leccy who never earned more than £20k per year (worked well past retirement age to pay for it), and my mum's a minimum wage receptionist all her life.

I went to QEGS (grammar school) and was friends with many others there in the same boat. Many of our parents working class or lower-middle and al worked bloody hard to send us there for the extortionate fees.

Some of my group of friends are now high flyers via Cambridge and Oxford. Some of us are getting by on minimum wage.

All you are displaying there is some sort of weird reverse snobbery because someone dared to work hard enough to do better than his parents. It's not a good look on you chaddy, it stinks of bitterness. You're better than that.

Keir Starmer is much closer to the working class average joe than Boris 'Latin and Waffle' Johnson.

Well my dad and mum work hard and lots of hours to provide me with a good up bringing. 

I went to.a normal public primary and Secondary school before going to a college for 3 years. Was going to university in Newcastle before decided It was going to too costly and I want money now to enjoying life. 

Do I wish I choose a different career path? Sometimes but then I wouldn't have the missus and daughter I have plus a good circle of friends. So I am happy with my life at the minute. 

Jolly good show for you. Still doesn't make Starmer's upbringing and background similar to that of Sunak as you claimed. One had to graft his way to the top; the other had to hard work too but had the backing of big money and social standing behind him. Big difference. 

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well my dad and mum work hard and lots of hours to provide me with a good up bringing. 

I went to.a normal public primary and Secondary school before going to a college for 3 years. Was going to university in Newcastle before decided It was going to too costly and I want money now to enjoying life. 

Do I wish I choose a different career path? Sometimes but then I wouldn't have the missus and daughter I have plus a good circle of friends. So I am happy with my life at the minute. 

So the only difference between you (and us normal folk) and Starmer is career path.

Whereas the difference between you and virtually every current Conservative is inherited wealth or married wealth.

The whole point is that Starmer is much closer in background to you or I than anyone in Government.

Edited by Mike E

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

And Labour Party MP's actually knows what's it like to do a normal working people jobs? Really? 

Keir Starmer went to a Grammar school just like Corbyn did. He went to University in Leeds and a constituent college of the University of Oxford. 

Yes really sounds like he had a proper grounding in the real world 🤣

Grammar school in my school days represented the only chance working class kids had to get formal education and from there go to University. You didn't need money.

Good on Starmer for getting to the top on ability, determination and hard work.

World of difference between his life and being born into wealth, sent to Eton where the fees alone dwarf the wages our parents earned and thence automatically to a place at Oxford/Cambridge. The tailors fee for a Bullingdon outfit would bankrupt many households!

I notice you didn't refer to the pro bono cases Starmer ran for people who couldn't afford legal fees.

4 hours ago, gumboots said:

Can I point out I did Latin A level too.

me too!

16 minutes ago, 47er said:

I notice you didn't refer to the pro bono cases Starmer ran for people who couldn't afford legal fees.

McLibel? I was reading about that yesterday. Had a laugh about Steele's and Morris' response to McDonald's when they requested the pair of them to not criticise the company in public. 😄 Can't believe how long that dragged on!

I don't really care which politicians have worked their arse off for their fortune, or if they were born with a silver spoon in their mouths. As long as they are trustworthy, have sensible policies, and aren't utter twonks, then they escape my book of The Unelectables. Unfortunately, that particular book might as well be called The Elected.

11 hours ago, Mike E said:

So the only difference between you (and us normal folk) and Starmer is career path.

Whereas the difference between you and virtually every current Conservative is inherited wealth or married wealth.

The whole point is that Starmer is much closer in background to you or I than anyone in Government.

Many differences tho? It's isn't all money and wealth tho. Many kids bought in wealthy families hate it and arent bought it right, where parent's pressure and expectations are too much on them, etc

Starmer's background isnt like anything people in the north Mike. Someone like Lisa Nandy maybe. I don't know her background at all apart from being from Wigan

Ah so now it's because hes a southerner. We cant choose where were born and brought up. We can only choose what we make of what were given. I lived in a house with no running water, gas or electricity when I was very small. Earth toilets and a water pump at the end of the row and my mum cooked on the open fire and thought she was lucky to have a house and not share with her mum, like her sister and brother in law did. We had no bathroom in the house till I was 18. Does that make me bitter about those who had more? No. I married a southerner and together we made sure we gave our kids the chance to have better than I had. But it was up to them what they did with it. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Many differences tho? It's isn't all money and wealth tho. Many kids bought in wealthy families hate it and arent bought it right, where parent's pressure and expectations are too much on them, etc

Starmer's background isnt like anything people in the north Mike. Someone like Lisa Nandy maybe. I don't know her background at all apart from being from Wigan

This is complete nonsense. On that basis why would you support Boris Johnson? How would he have a background anything like people in the north? Laughable.

Why would you attack Starmer from day one and not give him a chance?

I know you won't reply because I'll be on ignore but I know you'll read it anyway.

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rishi Sunak's father was a GP Doctor and his mother was Pharmacist so not so different is it really? 

What about his wife's family ? I don't think they'll be applying for Universal Credit any time soon.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Starmer's background isnt like anything people in the north Mike. 

Complete gibberish

His mum was a nurse and dad a factory worker.   
Compare that with Johnson’s privileged background

One sad result of the Tories desire to crush the Trade Unions is that's it's almost completely cut off the supply of well grounded, working class intellectuals that used to come into Parliament via the  Workers Education movement. My old union  ( the AUEW ) sponsored around 40 Labour MP's back in the day. Nearly all of them had worked on the tools in their younger days. Some even went on to be Ministers. One the most well educated and cultured guys I knew had been put through Ruskin College by the TGWU.

17 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's where the Tories always come unstuck eventually. Their lack of grounding in the real world. They push enough working people too far and the plebs revolt a little bit.  I'm fully expecting the Labour Party to be allowed to come to the rescue when this massive financial mess needs paying for a few years down the line.

With labour election victories as rare as hens teeth they don't come unstuck that often TS, but i understand the sentiment. 

Its long been said that labour are great looking after people and the tories look at the economy, I don't think we'll see another labour government in our life times sadly.

Just now, Gav said:

With labour election victories as rare as hens teeth they don't come unstuck that often TS, but i understand the sentiment. 

Its long been said that labour are great looking after people and the tories look at the economy, I don't think we'll see another labour government in our life times sadly.

I thought that regarding another Tory government in 1997.

16 hours ago, gumboots said:

I went to a grammar school. It was normal if you were bright in the 60s. Comprehensives didnt exist in most places. I went to Uni although I didnt go on to an Oxford college, and it was a good Uni, in fact still is. I'd say I've got a grounding in the real world though, as my family background is working rather than middle class. My grandad was a tinsmith from a family of tinkers, and my other grandad worked in the brickworks. You cant just look at where people are now. The post war era was a time of massive growth for ordinary people.

I used to tag along when my wife and her colleagues used to take the school 6th form on a London trip. They were all law students so we did the Old Bailey, Grey's Inn, a guided tour of legal London etc. You see how the other half lives then without a doubt.  On the last day we usually had a guided tour of Parliament ending up with meeting a Minister and our MP.  I can still remember the Minister ( Geoff " Buff " Hoon ") and our local MP ( Lorna Fitzsimmons ) getting a real roasting from the kids when they tried to justify the kids having to pay university tuition  fees when both of the them had the benefit of grants when they were at university.

This was during the Blair government era for the still existing members of his fan club.

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What about his wife's family ? I don't think they'll be applying for Universal Credit any time soon.

why does it matter about his wife's family? unless you are suggest he married her for money and not for love!

6 hours ago, Gav said:

I think its 15 years since Labour have won an election and 3 different leaders. 

Tony Blair last won an election in 2005. 

People don't want normal Labour policies as proved in the last lection by the result. Starmer will need to understand to stand a chance of winning of any election

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

People don't want normal Labour policies as proved in the last lection by the result. Starmer will need to understand to stand a chance of winning of any election

Will you stop telling us what people want as though people all though the same. If you said most people or a majority of people it wouldn't make me sound like I'm not a person because I dont want what the Tory party represents.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why does it matter about his wife's family? unless you are suggest he married her for money and not for love!

I think its 15 years since Labour have won an election and 3 different leaders. 

Tony Blair last won an election in 2005. 

Not really. I think people just wanted Brexit done, even though the government had spent 3.5 years failing to do exactly that. 
It was more a dislike of Corbyn, than his policies I think.

37 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Not really. I think people just wanted Brexit done, even though the government had spent 3.5 years failing to do exactly that. 
It was more a dislike of Corbyn, than his policies I think.

As proven by Conservative, UKIP, and Brexit Party voters lapping up the Corbynite policies of our Conservative Chancellor.

41 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Will you stop telling us what people want as though people all though the same. If you said most people or a majority of people it wouldn't make me sound like I'm not a person because I dont want what the Tory party represents.

Well it isnt obviously that it was majority of people. Blimey calm down. 

Isnt your MP Nigel Evans? 

Just now, Mike E said:

As proven by Conservative, UKIP, and Brexit Party voters lapping up the Corbynite policies of our Conservative Chancellor.

Mike, we are going deadly virus. Protecting people jobs, livinghoods, mortgages, etc is the right thing to do. 

Can you expand what other corbynite policies? 

Havent you liked several posts by our local MP since Sara Britcliffe become MP for Hyndburn 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Isnt your MP Nigel Evans? 

Yes, and hes a useless lump. What's that got to do with anything? Hes possibly the worst MP I've ever come across. He has words about everything but does absolutely nowt. Hes been remarkably silent since he managed to get himself reelected but as soon as theres political capital to be made out of any situation, Nigel will be there with his rentagob opinion.