Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The guy is a race baiting shit stirring turd who like Abbot bases everything on the make up of their constituencies and seem to assume the rest of the country is the same.

Now then tomphil, don't mince your words will you :D

Get straight to the point next time.

Edited by Gav

39 minutes ago, Gav said:

Now then tomphil, don't mince your words will you :D

Get straight to the point next time.

😂

Sorry but it has to be said the likes of him turn people off Labour even if they managed to get a decent leader. He might well have the makings of a good politician but he constantly comes out with inflammatory stuff then hides behind ' but i married a white girl' !

Constantly challenging the Govt on every single issue, producing one sided stats and saying you should be doing this/that/ the other doesn't make a superb politician. It just gets you noticed and serves your own publicity.

Sadly that's modern politics.

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

😂

Sorry but it has to be said the likes of him turn people off Labour even if they managed to get a decent leader. He might well have the makings of a good politician but he constantly comes out with inflammatory stuff then hides behind ' but i married a white girl' !

Constantly challenging the Govt on every single issue, producing one sided stats and saying you should be doing this/that/ the other doesn't make a superb politician. It just gets you noticed and serves your own publicity.

Sadly that's modern politics.

Spot on!

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Boris' baby looks like Paddy Ashdown. 

Paddy can't " have had it in for him ". He's dead.

So they have called him Will Law Nick Johnson. Freudian?

In the playground he will be called Willy Johnson.

What sort of a dick does that to a child?

4 hours ago, philipl said:

Serious?

The Tories are currently 20pts ahead of Keir Starrmer's none-more-beige Labour. So, naturally, the congenitally stupid Nick Cohen has written a column about the death of right-wing populism. This from a man who has spent the last 12 years ignoring the rotting corpse of centrism.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, philipl said:

What an awful piece, when will these people accept that Brexit has been run, we’re leaving, get over it, move on.

As for using Jeremy Hunt the former health minister, the Guardian/Observer hung Hunt out to dry and rightly so during his time as health minister, now they want him back!!    

Awful piece. 

Edited by Gav

9 hours ago, Gav said:

What an awful piece, when will these people accept that Brexit has been run, we’re leaving, get over it, move on.

As for using Jeremy Hunt the former health minister, the Guardian/Observer hung Hunt out to dry and rightly so during his time as health minister, now they want him back!!    

Awful piece. 

And what are the details of Brexit?

Nothing is settled and those things that are agreed the British Government is welching on.

56 minutes ago, philipl said:

And what are the details of Brexit?

Nothing is settled and those things that are agreed the British Government is welching on.

I can offer you no hope over there in Malta I’m afraid Philipl, we are resigned to the fact we are leaving, most of the detail is incidental sadly. 

Incidentals are actually all the fundamentals remaining to be negotiated.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who cares? Were not getting a vote any time soon anyway

34 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I do!

You'd think with the government doing so badly handling this pandemic the numbers would be reflecting that, but clearly not.

I noticed over the weekend the country has lost some faith in the government on its handling of corona, down from over 80% approval but still well above 50% - mainly due to the lock down restrictions and lack of plan to come out, but in the main most think they're doing a decent job and the poll above reflects that. 

Nobody really wants to rock the boat though. I'm thoroughly fed up of the lies and half truths but I go along with lockdown because it would be necessary whoever was in power. Once were through the worst and potentially  more stories of mismanagement etc come out I think people will get more critical, but it still wont matter about our voting intentions, because were over 4 years to the next election, so theres no chance of our directly changing government anyway.  

Starmer a mere 50 points ahead of Corbyn's last polling numbers.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Honestly don’t think there’s anything to read into this right now, until the dust settles on this corona situation.

As the government's apologists keep saying, it's far too early to ready anything into the figures. 

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

Some people do like Gav do. If you dont then dont read it just scroll past it. 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I do!

You'd think with the government doing so badly handling this pandemic the numbers would be reflecting that, but clearly not.

I noticed over the weekend the country has lost some faith in the government on its handling of corona, down from over 80% approval but still well above 50% - mainly due to the lock down restrictions and lack of plan to come out, but in the main most think they're doing a decent job and the poll above reflects that. 

You are right over 50% think the government is doing a decent jobs. Got some things right and some things wrong. 

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Honestly don’t think there’s anything to read into this right now, until the dust settles on this corona situation.

There was the Opinium poll on what voters thought  of the government's performance in dealing with the Coronavirus outbreak though

From memory it showed the government's approval ratings down to its lowest level since the lockdown was ordered.

Chaddy musn't have noticed that one.

Starmer will never be in a stronger position to put his own stamp on the Party so I'd expect McSweeney to get the gig.

In fact, Starmer is looking very strong on PMQs from where I am standing. Looks to me like he’s going to try and nail them for any failure at all — brave of Boris to say 200K tests by end of this month, could bite him in the arse.