Posted (edited)
On 22/05/2020 at 22:23, RoverDom said:

If this latest cummings fiasco doesnt cause problems in the cabinet it shows just how weak the cabinet is. Anyone who has ambitions to be PM rather than a bojo yes man, now is the perfect time to come out and publically condemn cummings it would undermine boris massively. 

They were all instructed to support Cummings today, even the ministers that hate his guts. Maybe Chaddy got the same email.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

54 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They were all instructed to support Cummings today, even the ministers that hate his guts. Maybe Chaddy got the same email.

Interestingly Johnson wasn't one of them 

Remember Andrew Neill is the big boss at the Spectator so this answers the question about where he is...

"The lockdown measures were presented as a great national collective endeavour and they were accepted by the public on those terms too. Now it seems they were optional so long as, that is, you have the correct connections." https://spectator.co.uk/article/why-dominic-cummings-must-go via

Johnson’s Covid disaster

1. Ignore WHO and reports in al the media, scientific press and own briefing documents

2. Don’t quarantine arrivals ignoring the fact that everyone else is doing (except Trump)

3. Don’t buy PPE or ventilators after having ignored Cygnus and privatised the whole fricking thing at the start of a pandemic

4. Delay lockdown when everyone else has done it and there is already compelling evidence elsewhere in the world that early lockdown is highly effective

5. Don’t test & trace despite overwhelming evidence that this is the only way to control it absent a vaccine

6. Discharge C19 patients to care homes ignoring the FACT that the elderly are the most vulnerable

7. Let 62,000 people die

8. Exit lockdown early with nothing properly in place to manage the virus- missed test targets, tracers only just being recruited, app mired in corruption controversy

9. Let Cummings off again, send out half the Cabinet to look total tools, carry on hiding 

8 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Interestingly Johnson wasn't one of them 

Doesn't work weekends.

Johnson has made what should have been the easiest decision of his tenure into the most difficult one. In many, many walks of life not many people do that. Sacking Cummings now makes absolute weapons out of him and his underlings.

The Mail on Sunday has reported that, in standing by his aide, Mr Johnson said: "It's not like he was visiting a lover."

16 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The Mail on Sunday has reported that, in standing by his aide, Mr Johnson said: "It's not like he was visiting a lover."

And he'd know! What a crass comment and from a PM.

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think 57 members plus other members on subs groups.

Here the full list. 

Thanks for this chaddy with so many it's a wonder they give any advice 

Who to believe Durham police or Dominic Cummings?

image.png.58b365ebd2d3b1eabc9c959dd8a11c5a.png

I will repeat, this Government will not see out its term of office.

Cummings is a full on threat to Johnson's tenure, not for what the little shit did, but because Government has shown a tin ear and zero political skill turning a red faced embarrassment into an existential crisis.

First of all Johnson has done what he always does- HE LIED. He also lied incompetently without fully sorting the story so the stooges covering for him are falling apart on the most basic questions.

Of course the Durham Police officers and several member of the public might have lied and the photographic evidence Alistair Campbell has just alluded to possessing might be photoshopped...

It only gets worse.

My social media is over flowing with people recounting fines, their hell in organising child care, not visiting loved ones, the pain of having relatives in hospital and being unable to see them and the AGONIES OF PEOPLE DYING ALONE. 

Cummings is the lightning rod which is focusing all this pain into once place.

The Tory Cabinet is stuffed full of chinless Yes men, incapable of riding out a storm. Johnson loves a joke- he is Carrie on Hiding.

Today's press narrative is something like this:

Johnson should be grateful to Cummings for deflecting attention from this deeply reported and utterly devastating account of his dithering and incompetence in the weeks before lockdown.

Notice the problem?

By everyone saying Cummings detracts from Johnson's culpability for gross incompetence costing the lives of 62,000 fellow citizens, Johnson's culpability is in fact being highlighted and amplified by his incompetent handling of Cummings.

This is the Chief Opinion Writer of THE TIMES tweeting 40 minutes ago:

-Pe2t8H7_bigger.jpeg

Extraordinary nugget here: the Johnson government has been editing its old videos to remove embarrassing evidence of his early misjudgements.

Nice to see this reference to our March 13 leader. I remember very well the criticism we received at the time on here from client journalists and outraged Johnson fans for daring to question his strategy and judgment.

35 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Thanks for this chaddy with so many it's a wonder they give any advice 

Oldest political trick in the book.

Grab a large group of experts, pump their egos, make sure you include some intense longstanding professional rivalries, make the format obscure, head it by a hard man operative (with a sidekick) who knows the answers he wants and how to get them.

That's SAGE as currently formulated

Shapps just admitted that the police DID speak to Cummings father. He mitigated that by saying Cummings senior made the initial contact over security issues.

Sounds like an admission followed by another lie to me.

This will almost certainly be deleted. Something has already happened for me where, when I try and RT a Tory tweet with comment and paste it, Twitter won’t let me.

X2Xo7kAI_normal.png

UK Prime Minister

@10DowningStreet
· Apr 15
Don’t break the rules. If you do, it won’t just impact you. #StayHomeSaveLives

22 minutes ago, philipl said:

This is the Chief Opinion Writer of THE TIMES tweeting 40 minutes ago:

-Pe2t8H7_bigger.jpeg

Extraordinary nugget here: the Johnson government has been editing its old videos to remove embarrassing evidence of his early misjudgements.

Why, why do they think that will work. Do they think they hold the only copy of that video clip? They're so out of touch that they dont understand how the internet works. 

Slight side note but we now have a bunch of MPs who vote for things without reading. Regardless of your brexit stance, that's disgusting. 80k a year minimum you should atleast be attempting to digest what was a major political decision. 

Tory grass root party members do I hear a chant of "Your not fit to wear the shirt"?

The Cummings story's great journalism from the Mirror and the Guardian - and again in their sister Sunday papers today - showing the power of the press is still relevant in the digital age.

Tory Central Office will be scrambling to counter this with attacks on Labour - prepare for "stories" in the Mail, Express and Telegraph on Corbyn visiting Venezuela in the lockdown. 

I always try to make a point if treating people with respect, even if I believe they're a gobshite, its served me extremely well over the years.

Cummings treats most people with disrespect, he's a bully and arsehole by all accounts. This morning we see the likes of Steve Baker from ERG and several other Tory back benchers wade in to help give him a kicking. 

I wonder, as Cummings munches of his avocado on rye, if he wishes he'd been a bit more respectful when dealing with these elected members.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

The Cummings story's great journalism from the Mirror and the Guardian - and again in their sister Sunday papers today - showing the power of the press is still relevant in the digital age.

Tory Central Office will be scrambling to counter this with attacks on Labour - prepare for "stories" in the Mail, Express and Telegraph on Corbyn visiting Venezuela in the lockdown. 

The government are saying that the second visit is a lie, just not true, he never left London after returning, so lets not celebrate just yet.

1 minute ago, Gav said:

The government are saying that the second visit is a lie, just not true, he never left London after returning, so lets not celebrate just yet.

There were two visits?

I hadn't spotted that.