Just now, philipl said:

Funny, Cummings and his wife have both written articles and been on the radio about their Covid experience without mentioning their sojourn 250 miles away.

I'm not having this story. The way it's had to be dragged out of them is deeply suspicious in my eyes.

Posted (edited)

Looking at Twitterverse, this is falling apart before our eyes.

My other half is poorly, I may get the virus too. What do I do? First, I’ve sat in on SAGE meetings so I know most people only get mild symptoms. 2nd, I call family to check they can come to help my 4yo son *if* needed. Then I stay at home. As the law requires me to do. End of.

Cummings has tried and failed utterly.

Driving when you think your eyesight could be impaired is a £1,000 fine.

image.png.90323c5f57449c274cba2159e5dcd917.png

I'm driving to Barnard Castle to test my eyesight

image.png.42c5315f108b11ee7c1917bf7b6ba849.png

Edited by philipl

Red Wall voters in the North East want him out of Downing St .........that shut him up 

I can only  think that Johnson and Cummings believe that the majority of the population are gullible idiots if they think that anyone would believe the utter rubbish that Cummings has just come out with.  Johnson yesterday and Cummings today have both made matters far worse.  No wonder we have such a high death rate with the virus with these two in charge.  

There are people on Facebook doing a bit of whataboutism over Stephen Kinnock, so there are some who are happy to see those in charge and their advisors break the rules because they're on their 'side'. Probably the same people who still mention Diane Abbott and that one dodgy interview even now.

I'm surprised that Boris Johnson and Dominic Cummings didn't just go full Cameron and just ignore it until everyone starting talking about something else.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It'll be forgotten about this time next week, not on here though obviously 😂

Only one winner in this episode,  Barnard Castle , The local council would have to spend a fortune in advertising for worldwide publicity like that.

Edited by perthblue02

2 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

There are people on Facebook doing a bit of whataboutism over Stephen Kinnock, so there are some who are happy to see those in charge and their advisors break the rules because they're on their 'side'. Probably the same people who still mention Diane Abbott and that one dodgy interview even now.

I'd fire Kinnock as well if I'd my way, he's another one who wouldn't be missed.

Posted (edited)

Maybe they'll make Matt Hancock fuck a goat DanLad.

Oh and I agree Tyrone, it's the deflection and the lack of insight to see the difference between an opposition MP, and a SpAd with no accountability deep within government, making the rules that needs highlighting.

Edited by Norbert Rassragr

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Only one winner in this episode,  Barnard Castle , They would have to spend a fortune in advertising for worldwide publicity like that.

Yeah, especially if your looking to get your eyes tested. The opticians up there will be clapping their hands in glee !

Absolutely no contrition by way of an apology to the decent, law abiding people who have been offended by him and the Tory government over the last couple of days. I wrote earlier he wouldn't though.

He went to Durham primarily because of security reasons at his London home (where he still is by the way) - did he not contact the police?

He picked his wife and son up from hospital when he was ill because there were no taxis. What does he take us for?

Drove to Barnard Castle to see if he was capable of driving to London although he had vision problems. When he got there they got out of the car. On the way back his son wanted to pee, conveniently in a nice spot so his wife then played with the kid for a while and he joined them.

He didn't think to ask anybody nearby in London to help with childcare if required.

And he clearly doesn't think much of Raab who was the de facto PM when Johnson was ill. He never even mentioned discussing anything with him.

He should do the honourable thing and resign.

2 minutes ago, DanLad said:

I'm surprised that Boris Johnson and Dominic Cummings didn't just go full Cameron and just ignore it until everyone starting talking about something else.

That's what they're hoping for. Sadly for them there's still some mileage in this one yet.

My daughter was perplexed by Cummings trip to Barnard Castle to check his eyesight. Then you could see enlightenment in her expression as she asked if there was an opticians open there. When I said there wasn't the perplexed expression returned.

9 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Only one winner in this episode,  Barnard Castle , The local council would have to spend a fortune in advertising for worldwide publicity like that.

I've never been, looks nice so they'll have my pound one day when lockdown is over.  Maybe they'll have tour guide on showing us where Cummings committed his sins, iv'e heard the EU will pay for it !

It wasn’t quite as bad as Prince Andrew ‘Putting the record straight’ but it’s not far behind. 

It’s quite clear Dominic Cummings needs an advisor because the decision to address the nation was a bleedin awful one.

Cummings out, arrogant swine.

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I've never been, looks nice so they'll have my pound one day when lockdown is over.  Maybe they'll have tour guide on showing us where Cummings committed his sins, iv'e heard the EU will pay for it !

Visit ye olde healing well in the woods nearby , restores all eye conditions if legend is to be believed

35 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, especially if your looking to get your eyes tested. The opticians up there will be clapping their hands in glee !

Well, that’s just put Specsavers out of business.. No need to go to the opticians for an eye test. Just go on a 30 mile car journey. Problem solved 🤓

Barnard castle is a nice town. I've a cousin who lives there. On a different note, how did he drive London to Durham without stopping? You're supposed to stop for breaks to ensure you dont get too tired. And if his wife had c19 at the time, how did she get through the journey without having worsened symptoms?

Exactly. How come no one asked how on earth did a 4 year old go 5 hours without needing a break. 

Johnson dodged the question about why cummings wife didnt drive. Peston also failed to ask it at the previous conference, we were screaming that at the TV yet none of the journos bothered to ask it. 

Johnson muting journalists again.

The BBC was a disgrace, its message-managing on behalf of Cummings and the Tory party at the end was more infuriating than the speech itself

They read out three partisan pro-Cummings statements from Tory MPs with no reply from opposition MPs, let alone any coverage of the social media outrage and ridicule from the rest of the country.

Then they brought out two former Tory advisers (to Theresa May and David Cameron) as their first political interviewees.

The BBC used to be impartial but is now little more than as an official Tory propaganda mouthpiece

Beth Rigby from Sky take a bow, of the mainstream TV journalists she didn't take a backward step, Peston on the other hand was hopeless, again, Laura Kuenssberg started off well but wilted after the first answer. 

Stories tonight that Leo Varadkar has been spotted out in a park with mates, its hard to tell if he's social distancing, but it doesn't look like it.

Do as I say, not as I do.....