10 minutes ago, Gav said:

Nowhere better than the politics thread to post such a thing, do you have a link?

£242k?  :wacko:

Thankyou Gav. Yes it is related to the Politics thread. 

Here the link

This says 211k 

https://www.mpsexpenses.info/#!/mp/736

This says 242k. Plus listed other MP's which are over 200k in expenses

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1274860/mp-expenses-ian-blackford-snp-news-Scotland-mp-expenses-claims

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has anyone seen that SNP Party leader Iain Blackford has claimed 242,000 in Expenses over the last year?

Not really a surprise that his expenses are high given that firstly he is party leader at Westminster and secondly he lives on the Isle of Skye.

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you carefully at the guidelines He has kept the guidelines cos it does allow for Small Child Care problems in his circumstances. Did he keep to the spirit the guidelines? probably not. 

follow him and camp outside his home for 3 days is just wrong when there is children in the home. Simple as. 

This isn’t sport. You are allowed to criticise your ‘team’. Stop slavishly defending the Govt on this, it’s doing you no favours at all. Even the DAILY MAIL aren’t buying Cummings’ story. The real issue here is the government defending Cummings’ actions, it’s disgraceful.

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has anyone seen that SNP Party leader Iain Blackford has claimed 242,000 in Expenses over the last year?

If you defended him with half the ferocity you defended Cummings or the Tory party then you wouldn't have posted this. 

I think it's probably pretty dodge but to quote you "we don't know the facts" " we need to hear his statement" "where's your proof it's misspent?"

Btw I heard he spent it a new car because he needed to test his vision. 

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Not really a surprise that his expenses are high given that firstly he is party leader at Westminster and secondly he lives on the Isle of Skye.

What?

I used to fly from Brum to Scotland weekly - £200 rtn - Blackford must be staying at The Savoy and flying in by private jet.

£240K - That’s a disgrace.

I can't believe he actually said he went driving to test his eyesight. WTF. How stupid do you have to be to come out with a statement like that?

17 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Look at the other SNP MP'S claiming over 200k in expenses in the article

16 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

This isn’t sport. You are allowed to criticise your ‘team’. Stop slavishly defending the Govt on this, it’s doing you no favours at all. Even the DAILY MAIL aren’t buying Cummings’ story. The real issue here is the government defending Cummings’ actions, it’s disgraceful.

Good for the Daily Mail then

But I have criticise them. Clearly you miss these posts. 

Posted (edited)

Tomorrow's Metro sums it up, one rule for the Tories and another one for us peasants. Whatever happens to Cummings the man of the people anti-elitist image that he likes to portray has well and truly gone up in smoke. The public have finally seen the disdain that Cummings and Johnson really have for them, it's just a great shame that it is 6 months and 60000 deaths too late.

untitled.png

Edited by Ewood Ace

1 minute ago, den said:

I dont hear you or other Labour supporters complaining about 3 Labour MP's who broke the Lockdown guidelines? Why no condemnation for these 3? 

Where is Labour Leader's Starmer comments on this? Cat got his tongue? 

FB_IMG_1590439439080.jpg

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at the other SNP MP'S claiming over 200k in expenses in the article

Good for the Daily Mail then

But I have criticise them. Clearly you miss these posts. 

Mate. The ONLY people who think this is legitimate is the inner circle of the Tory government. Everyone else - including members of the conservative party, some right wing papers, members of SAGE, the ex police chief of the area etc - all think what he did was wrong. That might tell you something. Why do you think such a diverse group of people are united on this? What's their agenda? 

If you can't criticise this then it shows a complete lack of any objectivity whatsoever.  I mean driving to test your vision? No childcare in a city with friends, family and a poop ton of resources? Guidelines clearly stating that even in event of covid stay at home? Twisting this is is propoganda out of 1984 or worse... 

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thankyou Gav. Yes it is related to the Politics thread. 

Here the link

This says 211k 

https://www.mpsexpenses.info/#!/mp/736

This says 242k. Plus listed other MP's which are over 200k in expenses

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1274860/mp-expenses-ian-blackford-snp-news-Scotland-mp-expenses-claims

First link you posted gives a breakdown of what it's for. Its mostly staffing and office costs from what I see so not as bad as the headline figure suggests. I have no idea if that figure is reasonable for a party leader. Travel comes in about 22k seems a lot but I know grads in my last job used to be able to hit 1k month in expenses. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Mate. The ONLY people who think this is legitimate is the inner circle of the Tory government. Everyone else - including members of the conservative party, some right wing papers, members of SAGE, the ex police chief of the area etc - all think what he did was wrong. That might tell you something. Why do you think such a diverse group of people are united on this? What's their agenda? 

If you can't criticise this then it shows a complete lack of any objectivity whatsoever.  I mean driving to test your vision? No childcare in a city with friends, family and a poop ton of resources? Guidelines clearly stating that even in event of covid stay at home? Twisting this is is propoganda out of 1984 or worse... 

If you look above post you will find 3 Labour MP's who has broken the lockdown Guidelines. So where your comment on this? 

Also using 'only people who think this is legitimate is the inner circle of the Tory Government? Plenty of support for Cummings and his actions on different social media platforms. A lot of support for his actions. Check twitter or facebook and you will see

Edited by chaddyrovers

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont hear you or other Labour supporters complaining about 3 Labour MP's who broke the Lockdown guidelines? Why no condemnation for these 3? 

FB_IMG_1590439439080.jpg

Stephen Kinnock for sure has been criticised on this thread, if the other two haven’t been condemned, then I’ll do it now. They’re dicks for doing it. Now that your deflection is out of the way, back to the matter at hand....

FB_IMG_1590439439080.jpg

I'd sack Kinnock, no problem. 

9 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Travel comes in about 22k seems a lot but I know grads in my last job used to be able to hit 1k month in expenses. 

He is from the Isle of Skye, so that's very reasonable considering the costs of the train etc....

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you look above post you will find 3 Labour MP's who has broken the lockdown Guidelines. So where your comment on this? 

Also using 'only people who think this is legitimate is the inner circle of the Tory Government? Plenty of support for Cummings and his actions on different social media platforms. A lot of support for his actions. Check twitter or facebook and you will see

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Stephen Kinnock for sure has been criticised on this thread, if the other two haven’t been condemned, then I’ll do it now. They’re dicks for doing it. Now that your deflection is out of the way, back to the matter at hand....

KHod beat me to it. It is rather a childish deflection though. I mean if I murder someone should i not come under scrutiny because other murderers haven't? 

Your plenty of support for Cummings rings hollow when virtually all media and professional opinions are against him. You haven't answered as to why this is so unanimous from such a diverse source of experts and media. 

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

He is from the Isle of Skye, so that's very reasonable considering the costs of the train etc....

Thought it might be. As a headline figure it sounds high but it's so easy to clock up a big expenses bill when you're travelling all the time 

The Labour MPS shouldn't have broken the lockdown - you are quite right.  The difference you seem to fail to grasp is that Cummings is part of the GOVERNMENT not the opposition.  He is the guy who helped formulate the lockdown rules.  Whilst others made terrible sacrifices to keep to those rules this guy looked for a dodgy loophole to get around them.  He then makes matters worse by admitting that whilst he was struggling with his eyesight he decided to test his eyes by driving on a public road.  The man is a complete and utter disgrace.  There is no defence for his actions.  He ought to be sacked but of course the gutless Johnson is never going to do that - he's always got to look after his pals no matter what they do.  Johnson is another who is not fit to hold the office he does.  Looking at these two it is no wonder our deaths are so high - clueless the pair of them.  

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

No deflection at all. All 3 have broken the lockdown guidelines. 

Where is Kier Starmer condemnation now? 

Just now, Blue blood said:

KHod beat me to it. It is rather a childish deflection though. I mean if I murder someone should i not come under scrutiny because other murderers haven't? 

Your plenty of support for Cummings rings hollow when virtually all media and professional opinions are against him. You haven't answered as to why this is so unanimous from such a diverse source of experts and media. 

Not at all childish deflection. It's your comments above that are the deflection. 

Like I said BlueBlood before Cummings had plenty of support on different social media. 

Did these people know why Cummings did what he did? Most of the comments were before the statement and Q&A. 

Posted (edited)

I watched today's " performance " and what I don't understand is why this bumbling fool is held in such high regard by Johnson and the Tories. I was expecting to see a man of powerful intellect in command of the situation and for him to be able to put forward a clear and convincing explanation of his behaviour. What we got was an hesitant, unconvincing, rambling, long winded series of flimsy excuses. 

If he's the brains behind the Tories God help us for the future of our battle with the virus and the economic struggles coming down the line.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

3 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

The Labour MPS shouldn't have broken the lockdown - you are quite right.  The difference you seem to fail to grasp is that Cummings is part of the GOVERNMENT not the opposition.  He is the guy who helped formulate the lockdown rules.  Whilst others made terrible sacrifices to keep to those rules this guy looked for a dodgy loophole to get around them.  He then makes matters worse by admitting that whilst he was struggling with his eyesight he decided to test his eyes by driving on a public road.  The man is a complete and utter disgrace.  There is no defence for his actions.  He ought to be sacked but of course the gutless Johnson is never going to do that - he's always got to look after his pals no matter what they do.  Johnson is another who is not fit to hold the office he does.  Looking at these two it is no wonder our deaths are so high - clueless the pair of them.  

Well Parson that's your opinion but people have their own opinion and plenty do agree with Cummings decisions. Do people care about this? Probably not in my opinion. I gave you my opinion on what people actually do care about previously but I didnt recieve a reply. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No deflection at all. All 3 have broken the lockdown guidelines. 

Where is Kier Starmer condemnation now? 

Why do you want Starmer to condemn them? Surely by using your logic in the Cummings case they have done nothing wrong.

Edited by Ewood Ace

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well Parson that's your opinion but people have their own opinion and plenty do agree with Cummings decisions. Do people care about this? Probably not in my opinion. I gave you my opinion on what people actually do care about previously but I didnt recieve a reply. 

You seem to care about it.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Why do you want Starmer to condemn them surely by using your logic in the Cummings case they have done nothing wrong?

This has been explained by Cummings today. 

Starmer was very quick to criticise PM Johnson and Cummings yesterday. Miss that?