4 hours ago, Gav said:

Whilst this Tory government would happily see kids go hungry during the holidays, it’s now down to the local councils to do the right thing, despite having budgets cut to the bone and dealing with Covid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54657796

Those MP’s that voted against the bill, including the new MP for Hyndburn, you’re a disgrace.

Our locals aren’t bright enough to do anything other than tow the line 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

No I wasn't a fan of John McDonnell at all. As for Long-Bailey I thought that she and all the candidates were deeply unimpressive in the leadership campaign and I did not have a preferred candidate. I like Corbyn but he wasn't a leader although he would have been infinitely better than Johnson. Richard Burgon I like a lot.

Thanks for reply. 

Why do you like Burgon alot?

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

Ben Bradley MP (oft-quoted by our incumbent MP Ms. Britcliffe who seems incapable of forming her own opinions, reminding me of certain posters on here) has been tweeting characterisation of the working class as running crack dens and brothels, claiming that the FSM voucher scheme has funded such things.

Not only does he not know how the scheme worked, he actively denigrates working class people.

Ms. Britcliffe, at 24, spends most of her time nodding to his beat.

Rayners words don’t even do this guy justice. He just oozes that “Twat on the Apprentice” vibe. 

Mike Wood, Tory MP for Dudley South, was recently seen posing at the local food bank, but voted against feeding kids during the holidays. 

Are they just thick? 

Edited by Gav
27 minutes ago, Gav said:

Mike Wood, Tory MP for Dudley South, was recently seen posing at the local food bank, but voted against feeding kids during the holidays. 

Are they just thick? 

As mince!

#JimMkIIOrwell

8 hours ago, superniko said:

Mark Jenkinson (Tory MP for Workington) tonight also stated he “knows” that food parcels are traded for drugs. They’re just a different breed. 

Mark Jenkinson is an absolute idiot buffon, I could write at length about him. BNP turned UKIP turned conservative. My ex used to work as an EA for the leader of the council when mark was a councillor and even then when he was just another person he was singled out as the worst of the worst, didnt have two brain cells to rub together and was a nasty piece of work. 

Spends his social media time having digs at labour and then when the labour supporters have a dig back he blocks them. 

I got blocked by him cos he was deliberately avoiding the point of a discussion  with someone and I said "come on mark, you're playing dumb here, you know full well she meant...." blocked. 

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for reply. 

Why do you like Burgon alot?

Seems a good bloke, his politics are on the left of the party and he has a good outlook on international politics.

Edited by Ewood Ace

Multiple Tory MPs have made utterly outrageous statements in the wake of their vote to starve vulnerable children during a pandemic.

Tory MP for Mansfield Ben Bradley has publicly claimed that free school meals vouchers in the summer served as a direct subsidy to "crack dens" and "brothels" (subsequently claiming he was misquoted, despite the fact that the screenshot of what he said is all over the Internet).

Tory MP for Workington Mark Jenkinson went one step further to claim that people in his constituency have been trading food parcels for drugs (as if heroin dealers in Workington accept Dairylea Lunchables and Fruit Shoots instead of money!)

Tory MP for Shipley Philip Davies sent an abusive email to a 16 year old girl, calling her "intolerant" and a "virtue signaller" purely because she had the temerity to ask him why he voted to let vulnerable kids go hungry.

And Tory MP for North Devon Selaine Saxby decided to spit vitriol at local businesses for offering to support vulnerable kids with free food, in defiance of her party's wish that they're left to go starving hungry during this awful pandemic.

What an absolutely appalling bunch of people.

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Seems a good bloke, his politics are on the left of the party and he has a good outlook on international politics.

So you are in favour of left wing politics? 

Would you like him to run as the leader of the party instead of Deputy leader? 

Hyndburn has recieved £2.43 billion pounds for the area to tackle Covid-19. We recieved £1 billion so the Hyndburn council could support the community in the way best for area. Also recieved £682,058 extra in unringfenced funding that can be used by the council to target support where it is needed in the community where local leaders decide

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hyndburn has recieved £2.43 billion pounds for the area to tackle Covid-19. We recieved £1 billion so the Hyndburn council could support the community in the way best for area. Also recieved £682,058 extra in unringfenced funding that can be used by the council to target support where it is needed in the community where local leaders decide

Yes Sara, yes Sara, three bags full Sara.

53 minutes ago, Gav said:

But she’s happy to let children go hungry.

Shes a disgrace chaddy.

I totally and utter disagree she is a disgrace. We arent going to agree sadly. 

Money is provided to local councils to provided meals now. Plus local businesses are doing meals including one of favourite restaurants. But like he says he ain't doing for political reasons but for community and the fact he was help out by the government scheme eat out to help out. 

What did you think about the 4 points I posted yesterday?

48 minutes ago, den said:

Chaddy - your government could have done what the other parts of the U.K. did in an unprecedented situation.  They CHOSE not to.

Its our government Den whether it Conservative party or Labour Party. 

The funding has been provided to local councils. 

Also it is the Labour Party playing politics with this issue. Trying to side with Marcus Rashford campaign when it was during a Labour Government that was in power when Rashford family and mum was struggling to live on minimum wage job and provide for for her 5 children. 

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its our government Den whether it Conservative party or Labour Party. 

The funding has been provided to local councils. 

Also it is the Labour Party playing politics with this issue. Trying to side with Marcus Rashford campaign when it was during a Labour Government that was in power when Rashford family and mum was struggling to live on minimum wage job and provide for for her 5 children. 

Isp82 explained the situation to you very clearly, but you didn’t believe him, because it didn’t come from Johnson probably. Are you saying Isp82 is playing politics?

The funding isn’t there to pay for FSM during holiday periods,  that’s why many councils (almost exclusively northern councils, because that’s where the poorest children are) are making the decisions themselves, committed to helping these kids as best they can - along with many other businesses and organisations. Your government stands aside. They could quite easily fund this, but they won’t.

In case you forgot, the Tories voted against providing FSM’s during the holidays.

Edited by den
33 minutes ago, den said:

Isp82 explained the situation to you very clearly, but you didn’t believe him, because it didn’t come from Johnson probably. Are you saying Isp82 is playing politics?

The funding isn’t there to pay for FSM during holiday periods,  that’s why many councils (almost exclusively northern councils, because that’s where the poorest children are) are making the decisions themselves, committed to helping these kids as best they can - along with many other businesses and organisations. Your government stands aside. They could quite easily fund this, but they won’t.

In case you forgot, the Tories voted against providing FSM’s during the holidays.

Yes councils are paying after being given extra funding from government which has been allocated to them for they to decide which is needed most in their communities. Which is what I was saying before. Never mention Isp82 in any of my posts today so good knows what you are reading. Nice avoiding tactic again!

And you forget it was Blair and Brown who was PM when Marcus Rashford and his family were in food poverty but let's nicely avoided that point. Wonder why? Oh yes cos it's your Labour Party. 

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes councils are paying after being given extra funding from government which has been allocated to them for they to decide which is needed most in their communities. Which is what I was saying before. Never mention Isp82 in any of my posts today so good knows what you are reading. Nice avoiding tactic again!

And you forget it was Blair and Brown who was PM when Marcus Rashford and his family were in food poverty but let's nicely avoided that point. Wonder why? Oh yes cos it's your Labour Party. 

Your argument is that it's okay for the Conservatives to let chn go hungry because Labour did?

Why don't you (as Rashford and pretty much every non-Tory politician do) want things to improve for future generations?

I can very well relate to your story about your parents working all hours to provide for you, my parents similarly worked ridiculous hours (my dad did 7am-7pm 6 days per week -on call on the 7th day- for around 12 years from his mid50s to late60s).

However it baffles me that rather than make the UK a country where such hardship isn't needed, you seem to think (or don't care) that people should have to work their fingers to the bone to feed their chn.

My (and the current Labour) view is that it should NOT have to happen.

The reason it's getting so much focus now is that parents are being MADE to struggle by this government. It's not circumstance, it is being forced to happen.

The only people 'playing politics' are the people in power who denied the extension of the FSM voucher scheme, forcing charities to step in in their place.

In Germany we don't do charity, we pay our taxes. Charity is a failure of the state.- Henning Wehn.