Jump to content

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

4.2 million the figure used by children poverty action group. 

I have posted a number of reasons why it gone up and what is needed to get out of this problem. We need proper long term solution to this Child poverty not just a plaster over the problem. 

 

I wholeheartedly agree we need a long term solution but what about the actual kids (actual human beings not a number on a news article) that are going hungry now? 

 

If you fell and sliced your leg open, when the ambulance turned up to pop a bandage on whilst they got you to the hospital, would you turn down their offer to stop the bleeding because you only want a long term solution? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Haven't I already posted them all? 

You haven't posted any solutions no. You say a lot of things but you don't offer any solution for how to put them into practice. Also you didn't answer my question about if you would be in favour of sterilisation?

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Plenty cooking recipes and videos online. Plus teaching Children in schools about cooking techniques and healthier food at early age would be helpful

If people want to do overtime then they can. no one is forcing them to do so tho. 

Again you have totally ignored the points I was making. Also I note that you ignored the statistics about the decrease in child poverty in 13 years under Labour and how it is on a continuous rise under the Tories.

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Plus meet my current partner and enjoyable life pre Covid-19 days

That's a bit forward isn't it? I didn't realise this was that type of forum. Blimey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need proper long term solution to this Child poverty not just a plaster over the problem. 

 

Well we're not going to see a long term solution under the Conservatives - their recent actions have proved this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I wholeheartedly agree we need a long term solution but what about the actual kids (actual human beings not a number on a news article) that are going hungry now? 

 

If you fell and sliced your leg open, when the ambulance turned up to pop a bandage on whilst they got you to the hospital, would you turn down their offer to stop the bleeding because you only want a long term solution? 

haven't I said all day since this morning that the government has given councils extra funding which isn't ringfenced so local leaders can decide on what suits their local area best with that money

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You haven't posted any solutions no. You say a lot of things but you don't offer any solution for how to put them into practice. Also you didn't answer my question about if you would be in favour of sterilisation?

I do posted few solutions since Thursday onwards. 

No. 

24 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

That's a bit forward isn't it? I didn't realise this was that type of forum. Blimey.

You knew what I meant. Me and my partner would have weekend holiday around the weekend, go to football away days, days out, meal outs with friends and family. Since Covid happened this has change sadly 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I do posted few solutions since Thursday onwards. 

You offer no solution for how to put anything into practice. Again I see you are ignoring the fact that there was a decrease in child poverty in the 13 years under Labour and that it is now rising every year under the Tories. I know you don't like to see facts like these but they are true and if you really don't want to see an end to child poverty then don't vote Tory.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

plenty of jobs out there Mike, over sixteen thousands available in different sectors I have posted out there The job I am in isn't the job I wanted for myself 20 years ago but I made the decisions I have made and I live and die by them. I have got on property ladder finally 3 years ago. A job is a job at the current minute., Mike, you can dig all you want about me being able to find a job very quickly in my circumstances or maybe that cos my CV and Job record is impressive that I was able to get a job with big distribution company and good connection with the depot manager in my interviews where he totally understood my situation and what my needs were for the job. The job is going very well and good group of lads I working well. 

my parents bully for me? Yes Mike, My parents were always there for me through my first 6 years of my life through hospital operations with my ears, speech therapy sessions, etc. Then my parents taking me some great family holidays where in Magaluf or Barcelona, or to my dad taking to me first Rovers game or getting interested in Football. They have always been there for me and always will be there. Just like I am for my step daughter on a daily basis regardless of my working hours. 

As I said, good for you. But YET AGAIN you're not understanding that some people CANNOT AFFORD TO FEED THEIR WHOLE FAMILY, let alone go on holidays abroad.

Some people CANNOT afford to spend time with their children, precisely because they need to work to earn the money to feed them (even then it might not be enough).

All that is a failure of Government, not a failure of parenting.

As for the 'education and career advice', that's nonsense. We're talking about teachers, social workers, nurses who can't afford to feed children and that was BEFORE the pandemic.

Edited by Mike E
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike E said:

We're talking about teachers, social workers, nurses who can't afford to feed children and that was BEFORE the pandemic.

And how much are teachers and nurses on? 

Fully qualified Nurses salary start on 24k(band 5 nurse) 

https://www.nurses.co.uk/careers-hub/nursing-pay-guide/

Qualified teachers starting salary is 25k. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/teachers-set-for-biggest-pay-rise-in-fifteen-years#:~:text=The pay increase is equivalent,£32%2C157 in inner London.

A newly qualified social worker salary is between 25k to 34k a year salary https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/social-worker

And the average salary for social worker is 49k.https://www.reed.co.uk/average-salary/average-social-worker-salary

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And how much are teachers and nurses on? 

Fully qualified Nurses salary start on 24k(band 5 nurse) 

https://www.nurses.co.uk/careers-hub/nursing-pay-guide/

Qualified teachers starting salary is 25k. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/teachers-set-for-biggest-pay-rise-in-fifteen-years#:~:text=The pay increase is equivalent,£32%2C157 in inner London.

A newly qualified social worker salary is between 25k to 34k a year salary https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/social-worker

And the average salary for social worker is 49k.https://www.reed.co.uk/average-salary/average-social-worker-salary

 

I am with you on this a £25k salary would cover all my regular essential outgoings per month (and I'd consider myself quite wasteful) and leave about £200-300 spare. It wouldnt be a luxurious life but these arent starvation wgaes.

 

Minimum wage jobs however... that's difficult.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And how much are teachers and nurses on? 

Fully qualified Nurses salary start on 24k(band 5 nurse) 

https://www.nurses.co.uk/careers-hub/nursing-pay-guide/

Qualified teachers starting salary is 25k. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/teachers-set-for-biggest-pay-rise-in-fifteen-years#:~:text=The pay increase is equivalent,£32%2C157 in inner London.

A newly qualified social worker salary is between 25k to 34k a year salary https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/social-worker

And the average salary for social worker is 49k.https://www.reed.co.uk/average-salary/average-social-worker-salary

 

£25000 is very comfortable for 2 wage-earners in the same household, but even that depends on child-care costs.

But with a couple of young ones at home, a big mortgage, one income of £25000 a year is not much.

To put it into perspective, it costs over £42000 a year to send one child to Eton and Johnson is reportedly struggling on £150000 a year!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

You offer no solution for how to put anything into practice. Again I see you are ignoring the fact that there was a decrease in child poverty in the 13 years under Labour and that it is now rising every year under the Tories. I know you don't like to see facts like these but they are true and if you really don't want to see an end to child poverty then don't vote Tory.

Does this mean you are intending to vote Labour though? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

And how much are teachers and nurses on? 

Fully qualified Nurses salary start on 24k(band 5 nurse) 

https://www.nurses.co.uk/careers-hub/nursing-pay-guide/

Qualified teachers starting salary is 25k. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/teachers-set-for-biggest-pay-rise-in-fifteen-years#:~:text=The pay increase is equivalent,£32%2C157 in inner London.

A newly qualified social worker salary is between 25k to 34k a year salary https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/social-worker

And the average salary for social worker is 49k.https://www.reed.co.uk/average-salary/average-social-worker-salary

Bugger me, you either really don't get it or are just refusing to. And I'm not sure which is worse.

Edited by Mike E
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 47er said:

£25000 is very comfortable for 2 wage-earners in the same household, but even that depends on child-care costs.

But with a couple of young ones at home, a big mortgage, one income of £25000 a year is not much.

To put it into perspective, it costs over £42000 a year to send one child to Eton and Johnson is reportedly struggling on £150000 a year!

Absolutely. Put that type of salary down south with rent and you really start to struggle on one income. 

Also child care is expensive. The second wage has to be a good one to justify a person taking a job before it becomes financially viable. If you don't have family to help with this stuff it's a heck of an expense. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

I am with you on this a £25k salary would cover all my regular essential outgoings per month (and I'd consider myself quite wasteful) and leave about £200-300 spare. It wouldnt be a luxurious life but these arent starvation wgaes.

 

Minimum wage jobs however... that's difficult.

I agree totally Dom. 

25k is reasonable good wage 

Edited by chaddyrovers
Link to post
Share on other sites

True. My daughter was amazed when she found out school lunches were free for her little lad. They've been paying around 1k a month for nursery fees and he only went 4 days a week. Now suddenly he's costing nothing or at least very little in comparison 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gumboots said:

True. My daughter was amazed when she found out school lunches were free for her little lad. They've been paying around 1k a month for nursery fees and he only went 4 days a week. Now suddenly he's costing nothing or at least very little in comparison 

 

 

You'll be voting tory then next time...?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

haven't I said all day since this morning that the government has given councils extra funding which isn't ringfenced so local leaders can decide on what suits their local area best with that money

Its not "extra" to what they used to get though. Its only extra to the miserly amount they were left to cope with after 2010 and Tory austerity.

They still don't get what they got before 2010 in real terms and yet so much of the consequences of this pandemic is falling on their shoulders.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

What are your views on this announcement? 

They announce its extra funding for meals for kids. They give it to local councils to spend as they know what their local communities need

They have given 63 million pounds already to local councils to provide this service like this. 

Currently schools meals arent hot meals but pack lunches going off what Journalists and news reporters have said on GMB. 

But still doesn't solve the long term problems which need to done

What is your view? 

You still stand by your comment that 25k a year is a decent reasonable salary? 

Edited by chaddyrovers
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.