BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fantasy MGP Testimonial Game

Never going to happen (so don't come at me saying "Player X broke his leg last year and can't walk so this is a ridiculous thing to suggest") etc..

But fun to fantasy book a Blackburn all stars game. I went with a 2003-7 vs 2007-12 kind of vibe myself...

Q1: Who wins?
Q2: How many fans turn up if they do an MGP testimonial?
Q3: Who would you LOVE to see play one more time in a charity game at Ewood Park?

284248071_MortenGamstPedersenXIvsStephenWarnockXI.thumb.png.212cfcecb6d124c5f0b7535b13c77c8b.png

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Never going to happen (so don't come at me saying "Player X broke his leg last year and can't walk so this is a ridiculous thing to suggest") etc..

But fun to fantasy book a Blackburn all stars game. I went with a 2003-7 vs 2007-12 kind of vibe myself...

Q1: Who wins?
Q2: How many fans turn up if they do an MGP testimonial?
Q3: Who would you LOVE to see play one more time in a charity game at Ewood Park?

284248071_MortenGamstPedersenXIvsStephenWarnockXI.thumb.png.212cfcecb6d124c5f0b7535b13c77c8b.png

Mowbray's team looks like there might be a few players playing out of position. For the first time since he's been at Rovers he is over run with defenders! 

If we are going for a Pedersen 11, I think we should remember there is a left winger who actually qualified for a testimonial but never got one. Therefore I’d make it a joint venture.

Pedersen 11

.                             Friedel

Neill             Samba         Nelsen       Warnock Bentley        Savage           Tugay         Pedersen
                  McCarthy       Santa Cruz

Subs: Robinson, Zurab, Emerton, Johansson, Gray, Mokoena, Reid, Thompson, Bentley, Roberts, Derbyshire

Wilcox 11

.                             Flowers

Kenna          Hendry           Moran         Le Saux Ripley         Cowans          Atkins          Wilcox
                  Garner         Shearer

Subs: Mimms, Brown, Wright, Morrison, Pearce, Marker, Batty, Carsley, McKinlay, Skinner, Richardson, Sellars, Gallacher, Newell, Speedie, Baah, Hill, Dobson, Marcolin, Davidson

Lots of subs required for the second team!

Raise funds for the Len Johnrose trust.

Bellamy used to pick on Pedersen. Berg would get an invite, but can’t see him coming!

Edited by Miller11

Traditionally you’d get one for 10 years at a club, with the purpose being to give the player some financial reward when wages were a lot more modest.

In this day and age, where Leon Best got far more money out of us than Simon Garner ever did, they tend to be charity events at higher levels. If a top flight player today fancied buying a pub he could just save up for a couple of weeks. Still a thing in lower leagues and different countries. 

• Like 2